Who's the bell end here?

youtube.com/watch?v=LegIBffRdxA

Just found this on you-tube and was gobsmacked :open_mouth:

think the lorry driver was just as bad he should have just backed off and let him go but taxi driver shouldnt have mounted the verge in the first place.

scotstrucker:
think the lorry driver was just as bad he should have just backed off and let him go but taxi driver shouldnt have mounted the verge in the first place.

Aye. All the screwdriver needed to do was back off and it would have been a non-incident. Unfortunately, non-incidents donā€™t make for good DashCamOutrageFestBadDriver channel material :unamused: :unamused:

Both wrong, BUT, the truck should have just backed off let him in a forget about it. I donā€™t let things like this bother me. Bigger ā– ā– ā– ā–  in my life to worry about other than letting a car pull in front. I tent to just smile things like this Off.

I would like to see the video before that started to see how or why the taxi driver was in such a ridiculous position.

As for the question ā€œWhoā€™s the bell end here ?ā€ ā€¦ both of them in my opinion :unamused:

The only one I feel sorry for is the young woman who was caught up in this nonsense :frowning:

tachograph:
As for the question ā€œWhoā€™s the bell end here ?ā€ ā€¦ both of them in my opinion :unamused:

The only one I feel sorry for is the young woman who was caught up in this nonsense :frowning:

I have a feeling the woman knew the taxi driver, looking at the footage when they were all thereā– ā– ?

I personally would have backed off and let the taxi inā€¦I donā€™t know what happened before but I would still have done it. The taxi could have so easily gone nearside and wiped out a few trees, children and catsā€¦ :wink:

Unless we know what happened before, itā€™s impossible to form an opinion. Why was the taxi where it was? Was it a case of two lanes converging into one? Or did the taxi driver try to pull a fast one? And why did the taxi keep attempting to undertake, partially on the verge? With what looks like a passenger in the taxi? Neither come out of this right, but the taxi driver needs his cab licence taking away. No matter what the reason, endangering a passenger, and assaulting another driver, is never acceptable.

Would have loved it if he had ditched the taxi, or when he left the door open the guy in the truck just pulled away and knocked the door off :smiley: .

Both bell ends imo, the driver should have backed off and let that muppet in, but epic bellendery displayed by the taxi driverā€¦three times, crap and dangerous driving, aggression, then assault.
Hope he got done for it.

Woah, that taxi driver showed some serious dedication to overtaking, as robroy said though, it would of been better if he had ditched it.

Well im going to go aganst the grain here and say the taxi driver gets 100% of the blame.
Yes maybe the lorry driver COULD have backed off and let him in but just because he didnt doesnt make him partially to blame because this tube lost it. Undertaking on the verge? And with a passenger as well? Thats someone who doesnt belong in society, never mind on the road if another driver not letting you cut in causes you to flip your lid.
Id have loved it if he got out of the taxi, got half way to the truck then looked back to see his taxi rolling down the hill because heā€™d forgotten to put the handbrake on. Or some chav had jumped in and drove off with it :laughing:

robroy:
Hope he got done for it.

He did. I read somewhere he got his taxi license taken from him as well

Taxi driver lost their license, so someone obviously thinks he was the bell end.

109LWB:
Taxi driver lost their license, so someone obviously thinks he was the bell end.

yeah the local council do

I think itā€™s clear that the woman was more involved than just a fare.

I also think thereā€™s a lot more to this than this short clip.

Lorry driver canā€™t have much experience under his belt if he was expecting good driving from a taxi driver.

Canā€™t decide on the lorry driver allowing the situation to continue endangered other road users but it was apparent the taxi driver was only trying to force his way past to instigate a confrontation.

Nothing that went on before, certainly in the eyes of the law, excuses the taxi driverā€™s unprovoked assault at the end.

Socketset:
I think itā€™s clear that the woman was more involved than just a fare.

I also think thereā€™s a lot more to this than this short clip.

always two sides to a story but still doesnā€™t exonerate both the drivers actions really

I was soooo wanting him to drive off and remove the taxis door. that would have been so funny.

if i were judge;
Taxi driver banned for life, + Ā£10,000 fine - idiotic driving in the extreme.
Lorry driver 6 month ban, he should of backed off,

Taxi driver deserved to lose his licence over this especially putting a passenger at risk. Lorry driver knew what the taxi driver was doing or trying to do and he blocked him with aggressive driving putting the renault in front of him at risk who was totally innocent in all of this. Both should have received bans and the lorry driver was lucky to escape any blame. He escalated and antagonised the taxi driver who is obviously an idiot. Looking at it, the lorry driver should have simply let the taxi in front of him which was the most sensible and safe course of action to take.

Any incident is caused by a chain of events. Break the chain at any point and the event doesnā€™t happen. The lorry driver could have broken that chain by backing off a bit and letting the cockwomble in the taxi through.

By doing so, he still would have got his footage for YouTube, but he would have at least had the moral high ground.

Courtesy (and common sense) seem to be seen as a sign of weakness now.

Would love to see the minute or so before the video began!

Zb car driver with a truck licence,obviously driving a modern day truck to cater for their needs,meets zb car driver.The fact that the muppet doesnā€™t seem to think that tail gating the car ahead,to carry out a stupid pointless blocking attempt,shows him to be just as stupid if not worse as/than the zb driving along the verge,says it all.

How long before the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  takes the video down when he suddenly realises that the TC might take an interest in his own zb driving standards assuming he thinks thatā€™s an adequate seperation distance to the car ahead let alone when the thick zb knows that traffic is trying to merge ahead. :imp: :unamused:

The blue Renault scenic had something to do with the taxi driver too, IMO.

The only reason the lorry is getting close to the Renault is that heā€™s slowing down, probably in the hope that someone would hit him and he could then claim injuries.

Anyone that wants to drive on the verge is a ā– ā– ā– ā–  of the highest order, having said that, why didnā€™t the wagon ease back and let the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  in and then keep a very safe distance?