Cyclists colliding with other traffic

Now that we truckers get fined for passing too close to a cyclist, what is going to happen when a cyclist routinely runs a red light like in this article’s vid,
and comes a cropper - only with a truck hitting them instead of a car with a green light…? :open_mouth:

Emboldened by the thought that “He’ll stop - 'cos he’ll get fined it he doesn’t!” wont mean much if he’s going up the chimney next friday.
Cyclists still don’t appear to be educated in that a truck cannot stop on a sixpence.

Winseer:
Now that we truckers get fined for passing too close to a cyclist, what is going to happen when a cyclist routinely runs a red light like in this article’s vid,
and comes a cropper - only with a truck hitting them instead of a car with a green light…? :open_mouth:

Ottawa cyclist collides with a car | Daily Mail Online

Emboldened by the thought that “He’ll stop - 'cos he’ll get fined it he doesn’t!” wont mean much if he’s going up the chimney next friday.
Cyclists still don’t appear to be educated in that a truck cannot stop on a sixpence.

Whatever happened to the cycling proficiency testing we used to do? Why can no one see that letting untrained, untested and unlicensed road users loose without supervision is a recipe for disaster.

Darwin Awards.

If they’re determined to end it all, eventually they’ll manage it.

Loved the sticker I saw on the back of a lorry the other day (I, unfortunately, didn’t notice whose wagon it was - because I want one!)

On the off side was the (obligatory) sign saying “Overtakers”: on the near side was an A4 representation of a gravestone, on which was written (essentially): -

R.I.P.

The moron cyclist who died screaming in agony
after trying to be a smart @rse by diving
down the inside of this lorry while it was turning left

I — so ---- want one.

Anyone?

Win-Stone:
Loved the sticker I saw on the back of a lorry the other day (I, unfortunately, didn’t notice whose wagon it was - because I want one!)

On the off side was the (obligatory) sign saying “Overtakers”: on the near side was an A4 representation of a gravestone, on which was written (essentially): -

R.I.P.

The moron cyclist who died screaming in agony
after trying to be a smart @rse by diving
down the inside of this lorry while it was turning left

One for me please.

I — so ---- want one.

Anyone?

The best sign I seen on a truck was two identical ones, on the offside it said overtakers on the nearside undertakers, says it all simply.

knight2:
The best sign I seen on a truck was two identical ones, on the offside it said overtakers on the nearside undertakers, says it all simply.

The worthwhile scheme that is FORS has threatened to withdraw operators ratings if they display “offensive” signs like the “overtaker/undertaker” ones. “Keep back” signs are frowned upon too.

FORS - “F…ed Off Reading ■■■■”.

Who gets to decide “What’s offensive” or not. I’m offended by the way a cyclist deciding to commit suicide under a trucker’s wheels MUST be the trucker’s fault.
I, for one - will carry on insulting Cyclists as much as I like - especially the ones like in the vid linked to the article above.

IMHO Cyclists are THEIR own worst enemy - Not the Trucking community.

Politically Correct Watch (hopefully to take over from Human Rights Watch, once Brexit is done and dusted…)

Why don’t any coroners ever say of a cyclist’s demise “They died because of their own stupid fault. Insurers - don’t pay out.”

Followed one truck down the A14 yesterday which had an illuminated sign the same as the no cyclists one on the bottom left side of the back of the trailer body. Thought that was a good idea.

Muckaway:

knight2:

The worthwhile scheme that is FORS has threatened to withdraw operators ratings if they display “offensive” signs like the “overtaker/undertaker” ones. “Keep back” signs are frowned upon too.

Those “POLITE” notices on the back of a checkered high viz are very clever… Dyslexic types like yours truly see those as P O L I C E outriders from a distance!

Conor:
Followed one truck down the A14 yesterday which had an illuminated sign the same as the no cyclists one on the bottom left side of the back of the trailer body. Thought that was a good idea.

Yeh… You’d think it would be bloody obvious to all concerned - but still… there’s no accounting for stupidity.

cyclist_stairs_sm.jpg

Muckaway:

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

tumblr_n1m07k9t5l1r98lguo2_250.gif

Winseer:

Muckaway:

knight2:

Those “POLITE” notices on the back of a checkered high viz are very clever… Dyslexic types like yours truly see those as P O L I C E outriders from a distance!

Urgh hate those.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

Winseer:

Muckaway:

knight2:

Urgh hate those.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Riding whilst wearing one of those is as bad as driving whilst wearing a hi-viz…

Those POLiTE hi viz are hated by a lot of bikers, me included and are bordering on imitating a police officer. You’ve got to be some sort of part to dress up like that.

Strange how they do actually make drivers slow down though eh? No problem with them myself.

As a biker I’ve always assumed the Polite crowd all have some sort of mental illness. Really, why would you do that !

anisboy:
Strange how they do actually make drivers slow down though eh? No problem with them myself.

Although ironically you only ever see it as the rider zooms past at a rate of knots…

On the subject of cyclists I was a little disconcerted by a couple of lycra men I had the misfortune of following for a few minutes on Sunday.
It wasn’t that they were two abreast on a B road, on a scorching day, whilst I was trying to get to the pub.
One of them had a beige coloured panel on his Morph suit, right on his posterior and due to , I assume, a sweaty crack it was see through. It looked like a bare arse and the two minutes I was behind them for seemed like two hours - I was waiting for my 6 yr old daughter to pipe up with a comment but luckily she was watching Trolls in the back.
Honestly, what a colour to choose for an arse panel - is this some type of ■■■■■■■■■■ signal?

knight2:
Those POLiTE hi viz are hated by a lot of bikers, me included and are bordering on imitating a police officer. You’ve got to be some sort of part to dress up like that.

Is it better to be a spare part, be in need of spare part surgery, or just be a tool then?

Jury’s out… :stuck_out_tongue: