Worried about the future

So yeah I’m worried about what the future will hold for us drivers after reading a lot of the news recently and its making me depressed. I don’t get what the obsession is with these rich billionaires trying to take away all of our jobs so millions of people are out of work and why the government is supporting it at all, it’s just a case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Will us drivers still be there for security and to take over if something goes wrong? What’s to stop somebody putting a cone in the road and helping themselves to the load, what happens if you need to park illegally to unload? Gets me down as I’m only young but the government doesn’t care and the people who want all the money for themselves have obviously never cared. What will happen to the working class in years to come? :cry:

Pointless gettin depressed cos there’s naff all you can do about it. Just make the most of out of a bad job and hope for a big lottery win …

stop reading the papers they all full of lies and cons that will only make you depressed

This is one reason it isn’t practical in the most part - on Friday and Saturday nights, you’ll have chavs in their cars grouping in front of one and slowing it down to a stop, over and over, and generally playing games with them.

So after that they’ll start installing ANPR cameras on the automated trucks to deter this behaviour, and then what happens?

Kids looking for a thrill will damage them with bricks etc, and they’ll often be run off the road somehow for a laugh. The main thing that deters things like this happening, not just with trucks, but many things, is the consequence of injuring or killing somebody. Think about it, automated trucks, at night on a quiet road, will be the only access troublemakers have to something so tempting to damage without much risk of getting caught or hurting somebody.

Nothing is going to happen to drivers for many years, and then it’s no different to all the others that have lost there jobs such as farming, railways, steelworkers, shipworkers and miners. They have all found other work.

If its fully self driving lorries you’re worried about, stop worrying, if you want to you will still driving lorries right up till your draw your pension aged 78.

The country’s population increases by around 500,000 immigrants every year (legal, any bugger guess about the other sort), apparently some 200,00 people leave but who they are no one is saying, make what you will for any reasons whey info is so guarded and misleading, and that net increase of 300,000 legals (which isn’t going to stop by the way because we insist on voting turkey like for traitors to rule over us) has to be fed watered and serviced, so more road movements than ever will be the order of the day.

So, as for work fear not, for those who want to work there will always be work, this has always been the case and always will be the case.
They arn’t going to automate everyone out of work because no bugger will have any money to spend on all the chinese tat that fully autonomous logistics would handle, and one thing those who own the country and own the country’s well trousered politicians all have in common is that they like money and power, the more of it the better.
Plus, more importantly without a bouyant housing market we have no economy worth mentioning, and they ain’t going to risk that one with all their backers looking to lose fortunes.

Govt’s worship money, other people’s for they actually have no official money of their own, and the only way they can get it is to borrow it for our children to pay back (but nationally we’re up to £1700Billions in govt debt as of now) and take it from taxpayers, and the only way taxpayers get to pay tax is by earning and spending, and if they aint earning they aint spending.

So never fear, you will like the rest of of us have no trouble being a good little taxpaying consumer worker drone for the rest of your natural.

However, whether our country will be worthwhile living in is another question altogether, we’ve had our chances to vote the corrupt dead parties out in the recent general elections, and as always we’ve voted en masse in true lunatic style for more of the same, so don’t be surprised that more of the same follows.

Agree wholeheartedly with Scotstrucker above…stop reading watching and listening to the bloody mainstream news, lies fake news and propaganda is what’s being peddled by people with their own, and their owner’s, agendas…the working class of this country are not on anyone in the MSM’s agenda, the only time the working class are important is when they need bodies to fight their bloody wars and soak up the enemy’s bullets…bullets fired by the enemy’s working class conscripts and similar conned buggers who are in just the same boat as us.

Agree with Juddian, never going to happen for a very long time. The places most of us have to go to with cars parked on street corners etc with a cig paper width either side. Just wait until the first one gets hacked and hijacked and load stolen you’ll soon have a bum on a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know how old you are,but if you read the posting about Transport of 40 + years ago the situation was around then the same as it is now. The veterans drivers were saying back then the jobs gone to the dogs or fd its not what it used to be,but 40 + years on its still going

Thanks for the replies guys and girls, I just hate the obsession with money that everybody seems to have now. I don’t care about impressing the neighbours and having the most expensive things, I just love driving lorries and seeing the whole country.

austers:
So yeah I’m worried about what the future will hold for us drivers after reading a lot of the news recently and its making me depressed. I don’t get what the obsession is with these rich billionaires trying to take away all of our jobs so millions of people are out of work and why the government is supporting it at all, it’s just a case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Will us drivers still be there for security and to take over if something goes wrong? What’s to stop somebody putting a cone in the road and helping themselves to the load, what happens if you need to park illegally to unload? Gets me down as I’m only young but the government doesn’t care and the people who want all the money for themselves have obviously never cared. What will happen to the working class in years to come? :cry:

don’t take life too seriously, you ain’t getting out ALIVE! :grimacing:

lolipop:
Dont know how old you are,but if you read the posting about Transport of 40 + years ago the situation was around then the same as it is now. The veterans drivers were saying back then the jobs gone to the dogs or fd its not what it used to be,but 40 + years on its still going

Haha I’m only young, although I would’ve loved to experience trucking in what seems like its heyday, but I still love it now anyway!

antm4n:
Agree with Juddian, never going to happen for a very long time. The places most of us have to go to with cars parked on street corners etc with a cig paper width either side. Just wait until the first one gets hacked and hijacked and load stolen you’ll soon have a bum on a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t agree with you and Juddian on the timescale here. The lessons of history will show that industry advances constantly by improving performance and reducing costs and usually takes every opportunity to do so. Why would this industry be different? The technology exists now. Fine tuning is all that’s required. I fully expect it to be in use on our roads before I retire in 9 years.

lolipop:

There’s no doubt about it though, truck driving was a far more interesting job when we used to drive to Rome, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow etc on a regular basis.

Wonder how many years before a car transporter variant could be made that could cope with the tranships at multiple dealerships? Somewhat more than the nine years suggested above

Self driving trucks? Ain’t going to happen anytime soon.

Sure, they’ll do some trial stuff and then the backroom boffins will finally understand that the real world out there will simply get in the way.

As said these convoys will become targets for the vandals and bad guys and that’s just for starters - who’s gonna insure them - what happens if/when someone loses a life - hazardous loads - blowouts - the lists endless and then where do you congregate them all to set off and then bring them all to a halt to separate them - slip roads/hard shoulders■■?

I know we have sat nav, laser eye surgery and the Hubble telescope but some things will carry on just the same - but with autoboxes :smiley:

austers:
Thanks for the replies guys and girls, I just hate the obsession with money that everybody seems to have now. I don’t care about impressing the neighbours and having the most expensive things, I just love driving lorries and seeing the whole country.

Obsessing with money isnt about impressing neighbours. From my experience nobody cares about neighbours. It is about getting as much as you can and not being taken for a ride.

Judehamish:
Wonder how many years before a car transporter variant could be made that could cope with the tranships at multiple dealerships? Somewhat more than the nine years suggested above

Well I guess people would load and unload at each end just like now. Whenever I go into a showroom there’s always some staff there not really doing a lot. A bit of training in getting vehicles off might sort that bit out. The bit in the middle, getting from A to B would be easy.

Andrew.simmons:

austers:

Obsessing with money isnt about impressing neighbours. From my experience nobody cares about neighbours. It is about getting as much as you can and not being taken for a ride.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And being able to stand on your own two feet, paying your bills on time and enjoying life :wink:

Driverless trucks lol
I know of roundabouts where a driverless truck wouldn’t move between the hours of 1530 and 1830.

As the saying goes, You cannot halt the march of time. The digital computer revolution is here to stay - until the next invention!

To say that modern ways will not work is to hide your head in the sand. When the Spinning Jenny was invented in 1764 there was uproar amongst the workers, but the fact it allowed one worker to spin eight spindles made production more efficient. All the way through the Industrial Revolution inventions surfaced which improved efficiency at the cost of jobs leading to the Luddite Rebellion in 1811 - but the revolution carried on. The modern internal combustion engine has been alive in some form or other since 1800.

When someone invents a product which adversely affects your way of life you have a choice - rail against it or embrace it. Driverless vehicles are on their way, and it isn’t so far into the future you have to look. In fact the first driverless car had a blind man at its helm in Austin, Texas in 2015. The problem with driverless vehicles is that the technology is ahead of the law in many areas, and certainly ahead of the politicians who make that law. In fact the technology is now advancing so quickly that it is in danger of outstripping existing law, some of which dates back to the era of horse-drawn carriages. The politicians, policy makers and regulators have to get their act together else the product will be ready to go whilst they’re still having their meetings to discuss the first stage of policy.