Park up/ well ring you

My mate was on phone yesterday afternoon and had been been rang by his office and told to park up and they’d ring him , he was on way to derby , after a hour he rang them and was told to proceed to dart ford instead.
Now I said I’d of kept going ,he said you can’t as what if they’d of told you to turn round and head in opposite direction , then I’d have to turn round and go in opposite direction .now the point being he’s now going to be right on limit driving time today ( his words ) , if he’d of carried on he’d of got a hour extra down road leaving himself a hour to play with .im not saying I’d carry on driving for a 3-4 hrs , but I’d of at least got near m6 , extra 1/2 hr/ 1 hr .
do you just sit there waiting for office to ring / or not back or keep on pushing on ?

Paid by the hour, so I’d wait as long as needed, I haven’t finished reading the entire internet yet so the chance of sitting down and getting paid to do it appeals to me.

If I was the gaffer and you took it upon yourself to carry on in what turned out to be the wrong direction I’d work out the cost and bill you for it just to focus your mind a bit.

Don’t feed the troll.

the maoster:
Paid by the hour, so I’d wait as long as needed, I haven’t finished reading the entire internet yet so the chance of sitting down and getting paid to do it appeals to me.

If I was the gaffer and you took it upon yourself to carry on in what turned out to be the wrong direction I’d work out the cost and bill you for it just to focus your mind a bit.

i just sack them because if they cant follow a basic instruction like stop at next services and wait till we call you back then it means that driver doesnt care about you, his work collegues, the customers etc

And you wonder why drivers get treated like idiots dozy its not hard to just pull up and feet up and complete a simple instruction. How would you explain to your boss if he had a load close to where you should have parked for you to say sorry but I’m over a hour away now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dozy:
My mate was on phone yesterday afternoon and had been been rang by his office and told to park up and they’d ring him , he was on way to derby , after a hour he rang them and was told to proceed to dart ford instead.
Now I said I’d of kept going ,he said you can’t as what if they’d of told you to turn round and head in opposite direction , then I’d have to turn round and go in opposite direction .now the point being he’s now going to be right on limit driving time today ( his words ) , if he’d of carried on he’d of got a hour extra down road leaving himself a hour to play with .im not saying I’d carry on driving for a 3-4 hrs , but I’d of at least got near m6 , extra 1/2 hr/ 1 hr .
do you just sit there waiting for office to ring / or not back or keep on pushing on ?

No you don’t ‘‘keep on pushing on’’ you’ve been told to sit and wait, the boss is maybe trying to get a back load a bit nearer or arrange a change over or something, and if you are on hourly rate what’s the problem.
If you/he is geting towards being on his limit so what, that is down to his planner, so he adapts and reacts.

How long have you done this job doze?..just remind me. :unamused:

The drivers who are unhappiest I’ve found are ones like Dozy, they over analyse every last thing and always think they know best. Why some find it so hard to follow simple instructions is totally beyond me

robroy:

dozy:

No you don’t ‘‘keep on pushing on’’ you’ve been told to sit and wait, the boss is maybe trying to get a back load a bit nearer or arrange a change over or something, and if you are on hourly rate what’s the problem.
If you/he is geting towards being on his limit so what, that is down to his planner, so he adapts and reacts.

How long have you done this job doze?..just remind me. :unamused:

U think he is stuck on level 3 on his computer [emoji3]

the nodding donkey:
Don’t feed the troll.

which 1

I reckon Dozy needs a spell in the army…
it’s all about learning to obey orders without even putting your brain into first gear…

Trukkertone:
it’s all about learning to obey orders without even putting your brain into first gear…

First gear? Dozy is just a box of false neutrals :laughing:

Dozy in the Army :open_mouth:

Pvt Dozy, push up to compound 5 and stay there, we’ll follow on in behind and radio you to push forward.

OK, pvt Dozy, we are pushing in on compound 5, status over…

Oh, well boss I thought I’d push on to compound 8 to save me a few hours, the wife is cooking curry and I want to get home tonight.

Trukkertone:

better still the raf he wouldn’t have to go out the gate

Any way that extra hour would have been lost on the M25 as it’s up the Zb shoot both ways
I’ve come the M23 A24/264/272!back to Southampton as there’s 2’hour delay between 9/11 on M25

When he boss says, park up well call ya..thats exactly what i do..it has happened when theyve called me the next morning to ask where i am…and have i picked up that load 200 miles away yet…ha ha it does teach them a lot.

Is it me or does Dozy always post a bit about either him or a mate of his getting buggered about with only a few hours left on a Friday but no other night of the week ■■

raymundo:
Is it me or does Dozy always post a bit about either him or a mate of his getting buggered about with only a few hours left on a Friday but no other night of the week ■■

i keep thinking exactally the same, Its Friday were’s the dozy/my mate short of time/Friday night out post… :unamused:

raymundo:

It doesn’t matter mon- thurs does it , you’re unlikely to be going home , but fri you should be and if you’re tight for time the time sat there twiddling yours fingers could be the difference between getting home or not
Same goes for my mate , he’s not keen on long hours any day as he’s salaried , but fri he wants to go home , which is why I can’t for the life of me understand him sitting there when he could of pushed on , I remember parking 5 mins from Newark ( at garage at n.muskam ) as I’d run out of hours , what 5/10 mins , that’s why I keep going

biggriffin:

raymundo:

i keep thinking exactally the same, Its Friday were’s the dozy/my mate short of time/Friday night out post… :unamused:

I’ve had no issues on a fri for 3 weeks :smiley: , my mates the ones who’s moaning and if he took my advice and kept pushing on then he wouldn’t be moaning either .

mdourish:
And you wonder why drivers get treated like idiots dozy its not hard to just pull up and feet up and complete a simple instruction. How would you explain to your boss if he had a load close to where you should have parked for you to say sorry but I’m over a hour away now

No it’s not , but then what would your thoughts be the next night when your sat in some crap layby for the sake of 15/30 ins instead of at home
The thing is my mates in agreement with you , he stops until he’s told different , then he’s on the phone today saying he’s ■■■■■■ off with the job as he doesn’t think he’s got enough driving to get home ( I didn’t answer after 3/4 as I’d told him what to do prev day ) so may of / not got home