The down sides of tramping

Parked up for 15 hrs , it’s not often but when it happens I just think I could be at home doing so many things , you can only polish the inside of the truck so many times , Mrs is going out for a meal tonight as well , I’ve had a tuna sandwich , yogurt and a orange , ok but not a steak is it
I’d rather have 9 hrs off , then it’s shower , bed and I don’t think about things , unless I wake up in night and then I do think about things , think when your tramping it should be a maximum 12 hrs off , 15 is too much

I would say you could experiment with mind altering drugs but it seems youve already done that…

There’s no pleasing some people! Moans about being worked too hard, then complaining about getting a good rest!

I suggest…

12 on 12 off.

Or would you find that too confusing?

Got 14 off myself.
Currently parked in a town centre car park.
5 mins walk to the first pub,then another 5 mins to the town centre proper.
What to do?

dozy:
Parked up for 15 hrs , it’s not often but when it happens I just think I could be at home doing so many things , you can only polish the inside of the truck so many times , Mrs is going out for a meal tonight as well , I’ve had a tuna sandwich , yogurt and a orange , ok but not a steak is it
I’d rather have 9 hrs off , then it’s shower , bed and I don’t think about things , unless I wake up in night and then I do think about things , think when your tramping it should be a maximum 12 hrs off , 15 is too much

You should have titled the thread ‘The down side of ■■■■ poor planning’’ doze. :bulb:
Take grub with you in a fridge and a means to cook it man.
Also are you saying now you are pining for the days you were run ragged because you got a decent kip on your 9s off.
If you can’t find something to do on 1 night out without drama, how tf would you manage if you were weekended somewhere abroad. :unamused: .

Nights out can be home from home if you take the right gear. Hate the word ‘tramping’ so never use it.
Summers are great over here, cooking outside and trying grub from other nationalities is where its at :sunglasses: Theres still the cameraderie if you can speak the lingo’s… :grimacing:

Since rejoining my ship on the 13th I have done 22 hours actual work not sitting on me arse doing nowt but have received full pay for every day which relates to an hourly rate of £7.083 per hour but I get paid for 24 hours a day so feel quite content … but bloody bored to bloody death … :frowning: Wanna job Dozy cos you can have mine ? …

Dozy why do you bother tramping,your obviously a 5 day a week homing pigeon,as you always moan about not getting finished and going home by lunchtime Friday

commonrail:
Got 14 off myself.
Currently parked in a town centre car park.
5 mins walk to the first pub,then another 5 mins to the town centre proper.
What to do?

I think you need to be more specific, Dozy isn’t going to understand such a subtle plan.

I love a long rest, good chance to do some cooking or to stretch your legs, maybe in the same fashion as commonrail. Though being salary paid might be a bonus, hated it when I was hourly paid, then it was just a chance to lose earning potential :wink:

I do one night out a month. I make sure I have nice food with me and I take my laptop to watch a film, plug it into the truck stereo and its great. I think you just need some entertainment, take a laptop or iPad. If I were tramping I’d get a tablet with a sim to use the internet while parked up and would probably take my guitar. Make it as enjoyable as you can.

How about doing an open university degree dozy?

Evil8Beezle:
How about doing an open university degree dozy?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s another 14 off tonight.
150 yrs from the pub,and one of my favourite Chinese takeaways…just around the corner.

dozy:

Haven’t you been doing this a while? Yet the best you can do on a night out is eat a butty & sit bored.

I have never really tramped, yet even I reckon I could manage to me more inventive with my time & food.

Gas stove & some pasta. Stir in sauce. Easy.
A walk to find & explore local amenities.
Pint and/or food in a pub.
Laptop tethered to phone for TV & internet.

Honestly, reckon I could ■■■■ 14 hours away no problem at all.

dozy:
, Mrs is going out for a meal tonight as well…

…I’ve had a orange

You surprise me :laughing:

How does every night out catch you by complete surprise? Do you forget you’re not on days, get to 7pm and remember like a plank in the forehead and then its an orange dinner, for one, alone?

You should’ve saved the orange, taken your fire extiuisher outside. Could’ve had a game of 1 pin skittles. Maybe passed ten minutes.

Next thread from dozy boss worked me 40 hours straight on a promise to get me home on Friday but that’s screwed. I’m new at tramping but I am prepared with food I always carry a apple and orange [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you considered therapy? As for limits on how long daily rest you have… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You big loonfruit

James the cat:

dozy:
, Mrs is going out for a meal tonight as well…

…I’ve had a orange

You surprise me :laughing:

How does every night out catch you by complete surprise? Do you forget you’re not on days, get to 7pm and remember like a plank in the forehead and then its an orange dinner, for one, alone?

You should’ve saved the orange, taken your fire extiuisher outside. Could’ve had a game of 1 pin skittles. Maybe passed ten minutes.

:laughing: Class. :smiley:

This really does reinforce the issue of planning where you are going to park every night. Sitting in a layby with no facilities alongside a dual carriageway in the middle of nowhere to suit the company is not an option, especially when they can change their mind about what tomorrow’s start time will be.