The down sides of tramping

I got lucky yesterday as the transport company I was collecting a back load from let me sleep in their yard

mabey he could send pass the time by listening to one of those relaxation tapes,though n hs case itl be replacing the one he listens to every day when he wakes…it goes…breath in…breath out…breath in,breath out… :unamused:

dozy:
I’d rather have 9 hrs off , then it’s shower , bed and I don’t think about things , unless I wake up in night and then I do think about things

What things do you think, when you’re doing this thinking? Well, apart from having had an orange and not a steak?

This might be your problem if your thinking occurs at night after waking. Try having a nap in the day and see if you wake up with some thoughts early in the afternoon. Hopefully that thought will be that you’re on nights out and need some food, write yourself some instructions to pin on the dash. Then you can go back to not thinking…

…at end of the duty you follow your own instructions to park up, open the fridge, shriek in delight to find a nice ham hock with some glaze. More shrieks of delight to notice a brand new game of Buckeroo boxed up, sitting on your bunk for entertainment. You sit back, smile and thank your earlier self.

Why spend the night in a cab and getting bored out your skull,because you have cleaned the windows and polished around a couple of times already in the week.
Trouble is some drivers use their n/o money to subsidies their wages,so when it comes to nights out they cant afford to go to the pictures or a local football game or go for a pub meal they have no choice but to eat in the cab,instead of using the 20 quid or so as its intended Again some park in places like out of town industrial estates or laybys where there`s no facilities of any sort, just to save parking charges coming out their pocket although majority claim it back when get back to base.
Could push the boat out and buy a second hand 12v camping TV to avoid the boredom.

To be fair; when I started, nights out were mostly in digs. Park up at around six; shower, change and eat (if included) or off to the chip shop if not. Then the pictures if there was something good on and a pint after before heading back for a night’s kip followed by a full English.

Of course some digs were terrible, but there were good ones, and they were listed in my little book, as you usually needed to book in the day before (planning?) I once got barred from a nice B&B in Yorkshire because I went upstairs in my work shoes.

lolipop:
Why spend the night in a cab and getting bored out your skull,because you have cleaned the windows and polished around a couple of times already in the week.
Trouble is some drivers use their n/o money to subsidies their wages,so when it comes to nights out they cant afford to go to the pictures or a local football game or go for a pub meal they have no choice but to eat in the cab,instead of using the 20 quid or so as its intended Again some park in places like out of town industrial estates or laybys where there`s no facilities of any sort, just to save parking charges coming out their pocket although majority claim it back when get back to base.
Could push the boat out and buy a second hand 12v camping TV to avoid the boredom.

You can get 12v TV’s for around £100 now and they’re ok

I would be more worried about your other half going out and not a thought for you stuck away with only a tin of beans to your name shame on her but look at the bright side you’re probably paying for it i only hope that’s all your probably paying for

Sometimes I have sat for up to 24 hours, it makes no difference to my pay as I get a guarantee each week most weeks, there are only 6 weeks of the year when we don’t get that guarantee and on those weeks I refuse to sit around for more than the required 10 or 8 hours off, I tell them flat, if you don’t pay me by the hours to sit here I am bob tailing home, as it stands they always pay me LOL.
I used to spend even more time sitting around when I worked for Concord back in the UK and Europe but ten again I got paid huge amounts of money :smiley:
I see guys here who spend days or even in some cases a week or more waiting for instructions and not being paid to do so, if that were my case I would be on my way home.
You need a TV and if there is no signal a DVD and a supply of good movies to watch, I have a cupboard full of DVD’s some of which still have the sealed wrappers on them, another good item to have with you is a lap top and available data or wifi.

Being near a good pub also helps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ever thought of doing a nice little number Doze, NO stress, NO problems of getting home, HOURS to suit

It’s called … SHELF STACKING … at a supermarket near you !!!

And apparently the wages are quite good too :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: