Employer has run my CPC down to the last few weeks

Yes, I have 4 weeks left to do 28hrs of my CPC. I switched jobs 9 months ago and my current employer knew I had 28hrs left to do. Ive reminded them constantly how many weeks ive got left. They were talking about putting me through my ADR back in October, then it got put back to February, then it got cancelled (apparently) and now I just get told it’ll get sorted dont worry.
I cant imagine I will get booked on a course in the next 4 weeks so I can just see that i’ll be unable to work for a couple of weeks at least. What are my right regarding pay? Does my employer have to pay me while I cant drive for them? Do they have to pay for the course?
I’m at my tethers end with this company so im looking at switching jobs anyway so I dont want to be presented with a £800 pay back if you leave in a year ADR fee. I just want to get my CPC and move on.

To be honest the cpc is YOUR responsibility not your employer. Granted we all want our employer to foot the bill and most do but ultimately it’s YOUR responsibility not theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bite the bullet and get it done yourself, in the mean time hit up all the places you want to work to see if they have any spaces. Get your CPC done and you could be walking out of that crap job and into one you wanted in the space of a month.

Radar19:
Bite the bullet and get it done yourself, in the mean time hit up all the places you want to work to see if they have any spaces. Get your CPC done and you could be walking out of that crap job and into one you wanted in the space of a month.

+1

Don’t rely on others if you can avoid it, that way you are in control and not beholden to anyone. Employers like to be in control and this stops that aspect of it. Good luck with your job search.

It’s the old saying. If you want a job doing…
We’d all like everything paid for but ya licence,DQC,and driver card youv’e gotta do yaself. Then ya know where you are.

Why don’t you get yourself booked in and then ask your boss if he will reimburse you? It could be that he c̶a̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶s̶e̶d̶ is far too busy to sort out a course.

And a lesson learned. Sort it out yaself,do one day per year = can’t go wrong

Nobby_Clarke:
And a lesson learned. Sort it out yaself,do one day per year = can’t go wrong

Or get a job with a company that sorts it out.

I thought they all expired September 2019 for HGV.

Your employer hasn’t let anything run down. It’s your responsibility to do the required training, not his. They’re your details on the card. ■■■■ it up buttercup and get your training booked

cav551:

thats only the first batch. You got to do it every 5 years

pickandmix:

cav551:

He may have even acquired it with pcv which I’m sure started a year earlier

pickandmix:

cav551:

It was only a fixed date for grandfather rights. New starters had 5 years from their start date. The rest of us were brought in on a specific date, hence we all have the same 2019 expiry

At the end of the day its your responsibility to get booked and pay for it,not your Boss`s,when or if you leave your CPC goes with you.
Decent companies put you through and pay for it but it is at their discretion not a god given right.

Why would you be paid for allowing YOUR CPC to run out? It’s not the companies CPC.
I’m sure your terms and conditions state somewhere that you are responsible for having the relevant licences and qualifications to do the job your were employed for. Therefore, of it runs out you are in breach of your employment contract and they won’t have to pay you a penny.

Lets get one thing straight. If it runs out its your fault and not your employers. You’ll be the one losing money not your employers.

Sort it out like a ■■■■■■■ adult instead whingeing like a child. If your boss was halfway decent if you booked it off your own he’d reimburse you I he ACTUALLY meant to put you through your cpc anyway.

Clues in the name by the way “Driver CPC”

Yeah I passed my initial cpc 5 years ago in may so have to do 35hrs periodic training before may this year.
Its more the fault of the company I was with, they put through all the grandads before Sept 2014 and because I was ok until 2017 I only got 7 hrs done. With them being a national company I thought it wouldn’t be a problem getting it done…until i was made redundant last year.
Thanks for your input guys im going to ring round some companies and get some quotes/dates.
And for all you fishermen, you can take your bait somewhere else.

Check your date on your card you may find you have longer

Just checked my card and its a week shorter than what I thought [ASTONISHED FACE]