Standard of English

Now that Brexit is only a formality away, and the uncertainty for foreign nationals regarding their rights to remain in Britain after we brick up the tunnel is increasing, should a proper command of the English language be part of such decisions?

Thank you yes you’re not right please!

And exactly how many natives are we going to have to deport or cull in achieving this?

What do you call a proper command of the English language?
Up to 0 level or A level?

Yes we are Eastern Europian must learn and learn.But when to many planers,drivers and more who born here will learn English languge and speak properly.To many people who born here speak absolutely in ■■■■■■■ slang.One pllaner ask another to spell word Barrier because he can t write this.

axletramp:

Anyone under the age of 45 is now wondering what an O level is! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

Anyone under the age of 45 is now wondering what an O level is! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s an “Oh” level? I have something in mind but I doubt it’s right!

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

That looks like an assumption that every one under 45 is an dumb as you [emoji23]

the nodding donkey:
Now that Brexit is only a formality away, and the uncertainty for foreign nationals regarding their rights to remain in Britain after we brick up the tunnel is increasing, should a proper command of the English language be part of such decisions?

Yoo blud thts like so grate idea, yea like kick out dem foriners what dont speak are lanqage proper. :wink:

Are these qualifications a thing of the past now? I was unaware.
But seeing as I have neither will I be sent back home too?

axletramp:

O levels got replaced by GCSE’s back in 1988 :blush:

the nodding donkey:

Vraiment !!, le jour que tu peu aller à l’étranger et parle la langue de ce pays comme le gents qui vie la, ca sera un miracle, parce-que les Anglais sont vraiment des paresseux et ils croix que tout le monde doit parler l’anglais. Les visiteurs qui vont à la Grande Bretagne, soit visiteurs ou routiers essai de faire le mieux possible et ils réussites.

I’ll let you Google translate ND.

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

I got and E in English language and a F in English litt GCSE but got a C in maths

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

I got and E in English language and a F in English litt GCSE but got a C in maths

So your careers adviser asked if you liked trucks? :smiley:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

Vraiment !!, le jour que tu peu aller à l’étranger et parle la langue de ce pays comme le gents qui vie la, ca sera un miracle, parce-que les Anglais sont vraiment des paresseux et ils croix que tout le monde doit parler l’anglais. Les visiteurs qui vont à la Grande Bretagne, soit visiteurs ou routiers essai de faire le mieux possible et ils réussites.

Bonnet de Douche, Bonnet de Douche, :laughing:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

T

Daar heb ik Google niet voor nodig. U heeft gelijk, de Engelsen spreken bijna nooit een andere taal. Maar ik heb het niet over bezoekers, of buitenlandse chauffeurs die hier een lading bezorgen. Van hun kunnen we natuurlijk niet verwachten dat ze vloeiend Engels beheersen. Maar als men in een ander land gaat wonen en werken, moet men wel de taal leren.

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

An E and an F. And what’s litt?

TheNewBoy:

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

That looks like an assumption that every one under 45 is an dumb as you [emoji23]

Yep, and like you I also make spelling mistakes! :wink:

the nodding donkey:

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

axletramp:

An E and an F. And what’s litt?

literature

An E and an F. And what’s litt
study of books etc

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

T

Daar heb ik Google niet voor nodig. U heeft gelijk, de Engelsen spreken bijna nooit een andere taal. Maar ik heb het niet over bezoekers, of buitenlandse chauffeurs die hier een lading bezorgen. Van hun kunnen we natuurlijk niet verwachten dat ze vloeiend Engels beheersen. Maar als men in een ander land gaat wonen en werken, moet men wel de taal leren.

Totally agree ND and well done on the Nederland . But my point was about the visiting people, they do manage to put themselves across, a lot better than the Brits do when they visit another country, it’s always a case of "why should I learn their language, everybody should speak English.