Schitzophrenic has C+E License

Hello,

My friend is worried as he is approaching 45 and since gaining his licence to drive C+E trucks he has become a full on Schitzophrenic. Would this mean he would lose his licence? As his Dr will reveal his condition at his forthcoming medical.

Thanks

So, you’re mad as well as an alcoholic?

If he does the medical not using his own GP and does not mention it then how are the DVLA ever going to know … unless ‘someone’ gives them a call if they feel it is unsafe to let him continue to retain his licence …

It will depend on which one of your “friends” turns up for tye medical lol

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

ROG:
If he does the medical not using his own GP and does not mention it then how are the DVLA ever going to know … unless ‘someone’ gives them a call if they feel it is unsafe to let him continue to retain his licence …

Glasgow bin lorry driver prime example

I’m not schizophrenic and neither am I.

I’ve no idea whether or not the DVLA will suspend the licence of someone who suffers from schizophrenia, but it is a condition that you are legally required to report to the DVLA.

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

gov.uk/schizophrenia-and-driving

gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving

If he’s schizophrenic and holds a C+E does that mean he can drive both at once?

I was delivery to Ashworth Hospital yesterday and spotted a patient with a badge on his lapel saying I’m a schizophrenic, on the other lapel he had another badge which said, And so am I

Surely a money spinner here. Double training and tests :laughing:

I can understand how some could be in two minds about this … :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing:

Can probably apply for a second Digicard aswell. .

the nodding donkey:

Bugger! I was scrolling down hoping that nobody had used that line as I was gonna use it. ■■■■ you Donkey! :smiley:

Left or right ?

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … ionals.pdf

This guide is freely available on the internet. My doctor pointed me to it some years ago. Page 74 should answer the question asked by the OP. It is quite an exhaustive document and if well worth saving it as it covers what you could loose your licence for. It is fairly self explanatory but group 1 is Car and Motorcycle etc and group 2 is Vocational licences.

Chris558:
Hello,

My friend is worried as he is approaching 45 and since gaining his licence to drive C+E trucks he has become a full on Schitzophrenic. Would this mean he would lose his licence? As his Dr will reveal his condition at his forthcoming medical.

Perhaps you and your friend could ask the doctor when you go for your medical?

tachograph:
I’ve no idea whether or not the DVLA will suspend the licence of someone who suffers from schizophrenia, but it is a condition that you are legally required to report to the DVLA.

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

gov.uk/schizophrenia-and-driving

gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving

Does every identity get fined then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just use a different doctor not your own GP. Guy i know is bipolar but hes passed every medical hes ever had…

the maoster:

the nodding donkey:

Bugger! I was scrolling down hoping that nobody had used that line as I was gonna use it. ■■■■ you Donkey! :smiley:

You can still post it , are you sure it was read twice :wink:

"When asked how he got his licence, C turned to E and shrugged…
E looked thoughtful for a moment and finally said “C looks at the road ahead, and I do the gears”. :stuck_out_tongue: