Horn blasting

What is it worn ■■■■■■■■ drivers thinking is a good laugh to give the horn a good blast when going past parked up lorries?

I’m parked up in a layby on the A1 , I’m only having a 45 but the two lorries in front of me have their curtains closed.some people really are just genuine ■■■■■■

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Yep. Some muppets just have no respect for the ones sleeping out every night. No respect ay…

We’re all young once I remember standing at the top of our road chucking stones at cars, dad got wind of what I was up too and my feet didn’t touch the floor until I got home , then mum set about me :astonished:

dozy:
We’re all young once I remember standing at the top of our road chucking stones at cars, dad got wind of what I was up too and my feet didn’t touch the floor until I got home , then mum set about me :astonished:

So basically, you’ve always been a ■■■■■

dozy:

But we’re not talking about kids who know no better - we’re talking about grown-ups…

It aint just twunts in cars either, some truck drivers are doing it.
Obviously the ones who would have a hot flush and burst into tears if they ever had to have a …shock horror, night out in their truck :open_mouth:
:unamused:

robroy:
Obviously the ones who would have a hot flush and burst into tears if they ever had to have a …shock horror, night out in their truck :open_mouth:

That’s the thing it was a tanker driver. I probably wouldn’t have thought much about it if it was a car I’m used to them being driven by gimps, just thought another so called professional driver would perhaps have a bit more respect!

graemem106:

robroy:

That’s the thing it was a tanker driver. I probably wouldn’t have thought much about it if it was a car I’m used to them being driven by gimps, just thought another so called professional driver would perhaps have a bit more respect!

:open_mouth: not me

robroy:
burst into tears if they ever had to have a …shock horror, night out in their truck :open_mouth:

Depends if it was unplanned or not. God i’m getting the shakes just thinking about it…

I found that most of the time it was mostly day drivers or shift drivers who
usually did that sort of thing.
The other is thing that got me was those who would park up next to you
when you are asleep in middle of the night and leave engine running.

The-Snowman:

robroy:
burst into tears if they ever had to have a …shock horror, night out in their truck :open_mouth:

Depends if it was unplanned or not. God i’m getting the shakes just thinking about it…

I thought I told you bloody months ago, …NEVER go anywhere without yer sleeping bag, do you never listen. :unamused:
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

There is a lot of ‘couldn’t give a ■■■■ attitude’ and inconsideration with a lot of today’s drivers, or in some cases maybe more a case of being a bit thick.
Just tried to park tonight on an estate I usually stay on, everybody parks on the same side facing the same way. One bloke tonight decided to be different, and for no reason parked opposite way to everybody else, thus taking up 2 spaces with the way the entrances are, one of those spaces could have been mine.
I had to walk another half mile more to the pub. :unamused: :smiley:

Seriously though, just bloody thoughtless.
I hope somebody takes his mirror off. :smiley: :wink:

frenchflyer:
I found that most of the time it was mostly day drivers or shift drivers who
usually did that sort of thing.
The other is thing that got me was those who would park up next to you
when you are asleep in middle of the night and leave engine running.

Ah yes. The engine idlers. Why oh why do some "professional " drivers feel the need to “let her tick over” for 30 minutes at 3 in the morning?
Does it really take that long for the air to build up or for the oil to get around??

Whilst I’d never dream of it while passing trucks parked up at night, when really bored driving along a long A road at night, I’m guilty of the odd 10 second blast of the horn just for fun :laughing:

Javiatrix:
Whilst I’d never dream of it while passing trucks parked up at night, when really bored driving along a long A road at night, I’m guilty of the odd 10 second blast of the horn just for fun :laughing:

through the tunnels heading for holyhead,is always more rewarding,or even just under the motorway bridges if im desperate. :slight_smile:

dozy:

Proper parents in them days,bought kids up on discipline,shame you don’t see it now

Javiatrix:

haha I also do this sometimes on deserted A roads. In my case the blast of the horn is always immediately followed by a wave or salute to the imaginary farmer working on his field. I’m not right in the head :stuck_out_tongue:

Javiatrix:

Guilty :laughing:

Sometimes a give the sheep I pass regularly a little toot and a wave, often see myself greeting cows with a cheery “Moooo, ya fat heifer!” but enough about goods in staff.

A.

We ll here’s one.

Yesterday I was picking up in Glasgae, moderately narrow road, dead end on a small industrial estate, I’m driving an artic.

The individual units had cars parked outside so I stayed on the road. A car was parked opposite me but by taking it slow you had room to get a car through between us. There was room between the parked cars in front of the units and the dividing wall to drive a car, van or rigid through.

Some car drivers baulked so I directed them through the fronts of the car parks of the units (nearly 5pm so being Scotland most had gone early).

Then Mr Sole (initial R) arrived in his white BMW. As it happens I was on a WTD 15 break and he stopped in front of the truck. So I indicated to drive around the inside of the unit car parks. No not Mr Sole. He hammered on his horn. So I gestured again to drive around the inside (that is why I parked like I did doh!) Again hammering on the horn as he gingerly eases through.

What a bell end. He was probably the accountant or something.

You feel like opening the window and dropping a dog turd on the roof to brighten his day. Jeez.

That’s the third bit of abuse in three days.

Day 1 turning right at a roundabout, indicate right get in RHL turns right traffic in near side line also decides to go right (despite road markings indicating straight on). Van driver decides to put his lights on full beam with lots of vigorus hand movements.

Day 2 driving down northern A9 Tain to Inverness. Sticking rigidly to 40mph, eventually at dual carriageway, cars overtake and third one blaring its horn as if there is severe sea fog.

Just put it down to the ignorant Scottish drivers. Having been driving for 40+ years my summary of drivers is:

Essex: Aggressive and dangerous
Bournemouth: Clueless
London: Assertive (but then you need to be)
Scotland: Aggressive and arrogant
Every where else: about average

Hey ho.

dozy:

Wasnt chucking stones at cars but my parents did pretty much the same to me for shoplifting sweets from the shop. I never did it again thats for sure! Nowadays though the kids call the cops and social services and the parents get hauled before the authorities to explain why they caused young Johnny so much distress and sent on a course to get educated on child rearing and how negative discipline causes problems for children in later life.