What Truck

If you could only drive one truck for the rest of your life/career what would it be and why?

I want the new Scania S580 with full leather pack :stuck_out_tongue: love the flat floor and the slimmer pillars. I also like the enlarged locker, I have too much junk I know :smiley:
The little air blower is also a nice feature as I can just blow the crumbs off my clothes before anyone notices I ate all the snacks.

The truck that…

Pays me £25ph for the first 8 and OT rates after that.

I hate to burst the bubble of V8 Scanias and leather packs, but I would be more than happy if I never drive any truck ever again. Fortunately, that looks likely to be the case.

Had a Renault Premium a few years ago and would gladly drive another one. Reliable, comfortable, pulled well and had the Volvo gearbox in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on an 8w tipper…
Not an Iveco.
Daf, MAN or Volvo.
Thompson steel body with manual tailgate.
PM-Vishay weighloader.
Sleeper cab, not a space cab just a standard one just in case.
Auto gearbox.
Air line adaptor (not for a silly duster gun but for tyres).

ERF C series ■■■■■■■ engine Fuller gear box

Ford Transcontinental :sunglasses: …'cos i loved the one i drove (quite) a few years ago…and they look the dog’s ■■■■■■■■…and it’s not just another Scania,Volvo etc.

got nothing against those marques btw.

damoq:
Had a Renault Premium a few years ago and would gladly drive another one. Reliable, comfortable, pulled well and had the Volvo gearbox in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said that man , the Premium is one of the most underrated motors around and receives lots of bad press because its not got a Scania badge on the front , the Scania on the other hand is no !!!better than most other motors but because its the motor of choice among drivers etc any problems are not mentioned , nobody produces the perfect truck .!!!.

The xf 106 with the super space cab has been the nicest motor I have driven so far so would have to be that.

EC14 ,twin splitter ,Rockwell 180 ,factory rear lift ,not Olympic, mite build one yet for when I give the Foden up in around 5 yrs or so .

Hoping its going to be my new FH16 on order but apart from that either my old F16 470 16 speed range change/ splitter box or my old MAN 19/462 V10, lower on power being the downside but two great trucks…

Punchy Dan:
EC14 ,twin splitter ,Rockwell 180 ,factory rear lift ,not Olympic, mite build one yet for when I give the Foden up in around 5 yrs or so .

And then I’ll come and drive it for you!

The boss wants me to drive this one! :open_mouth:

Any kind of a Scania will do

Punchy Dan:

I can’t fault your taste Dan , I reckon that setup is the ultimate lorry . The twin splitter in the EC with the short gear stick behind an 14 litre , I think even I could drag myself out of bed for that . Would i have to supply my own step ladder though ? Dave

Evil8Beezle:
The boss wants me to drive this one! :open_mouth:

I know how you feel mate, some of my contractors think I have one of these =

FH16 750 the best truck in market

if I cannot have a magnum, I will have to keep the Mercedes,

P6280195.JPG

Anything that had an eton twin splitter and a plank of wood for a bed.
That way I can be a “proper” trucker. Apparently :laughing:

Seddon Atkinson 401 sleeper, with the biggest brute of a ■■■■■■■ & a TS, ideally limited to 62mph…