Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

ProudNewbie:

busteredwards:
If you do the legally allowable maximum rest day overtime shifts, you can do £45000 on nights. I did £38000 this year (tax year) on days, & as said earlier, rota’s are being changed at the moment, I’m going onto nights cos I’m a greedy money grabber! lol.

The online application is all geared to show your personality, top tip…don’t tick all the answers that you think Asda would want to see, they know what that pattern looks like, just answer as you see it for yourself.

For what it’s worth, I’v worked in various sectors of trucking, including many years with BP on tankers, & this Asda lark is the easiest, cleanest number I’v ever had. I’ll retire from this job I reckon (when the time comes)

I start next week at Rochdale cdc run by Wincanton. Absolutely bricking myself as it’s my first proper driving job, have had my licence for 3 yrs but never used it, they’ve promised me all the training I would need before I’m sent out on my own so nervously excited.

Wincanton/Asda Rochdale is mainly chill, used to be mostly nights/very early starts, e.g. no start times after 03:00.

Easy work, pushing cages on to loading docks/scissor lifts, back load waste/ empties.

Back store staff generally friendly, but you have to wait for them to open gates and they all seem to be on their break when you arrive.

If it’s your first class 1 driving job, take your time and ask questions, as some of the stores are tight or you have to be spot on the scissor lifts.

Also some of the smaller stores (ex Netto) can involve manoeuvring in their car park, mixing with the general public.

Good luck, I don’t think Wincanton t’s & c’s are as generous as Asda own run DC’s