Cyclist jumps lights and gets wacked

We all learn the hard way… Don,t jump lights.

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales … r-10536545

You bloody fool,could have died . :open_mouth:

South Wales Police should prosecute this idiot…

Poor car,hope it’s ok.

car drivers fault without a doubt,well that’s probably what the cycling fraternity would say,dont forget all cyclists do no wrong,they are perfect,seriously though that’s a lesson learnt for the cyclist

Sobering piece of footage, that. Either daydreaming or arrogant ■■■■■■■■■■■ Poor bugger needs to overhaul their sense of self preservation BIG STYLE. No-one could wish an outcome like that on anyone, but it clearly supports the call for much more effective education/roadcraft training for cyclists.

Here we go again… :sunglasses:

Glad the young lads going to be OK.
Look at me taking the high ground.

Now just have to crop and resize the video for my cycling forum avatar, they just love a troll that lot.
8/10 for the tripple sumersault with pike finish.

Ouch , thats gotta hurt somewhat.

at least he had a hi-viz jacket for directing the traffic :wink:

haha, bet it will be awhile before he does that again, serves the idiot right :slight_smile:

Who’s going to pay for the damage to the car? because heartless or not if it was my car that’s one question i would be asking, they all should have to take some type of awareness test before they can ride on the roads, or make it law they have to be insured , and the insurance underwriter’s would soon start refusing to pay out if they where not competent

And on umpteen other threads, our most vocal cycling members are taking umbrage at anyone who dares mention cyclists running red lights and stating its “not a big problem” and pretty much saying that red lights dont/shouldnt apply to cyclists. Wonder if any of them will comment on this video?
but I think this loons realised that the light is red for a reason! :laughing:
On a more serious note though, with insurance for cycles not being mandatory, if this clown has none then who pays for repairs?

The-Snowman:
And on umpteen other threads, our most vocal cycling members are taking umbrage at anyone who dares mention cyclists running red lights and stating its “not a big problem” and pretty much saying that red lights dont/shouldnt apply to cyclists.
Think this loons realised that the light is red for a reason! :laughing:
On a more serious note though, with insurance for cycles not being mandatory, if this clown has none then who pays for repairs?

Two options…
Claim on your own insurance get them to pay the excess and risk losing your no claims
Or
Take them to s small claims court for criminal damage to your car and hope they have money to pay up or accept £5 a month payment plan.

Again again… (we need a tellytubby smiley :grimacing: )

And it is now automatically assumed that the motor vehicle driver is at fault.

Very lucky boy, if it was a lorry or bus that hit him I think the outcome would have been so much different :unamused:

Dipper_Dave:

Now just have to crop and resize the video for my cycling forum avatar, they just love a troll that lot.

8/10 mmm. nice one ,was he wearing a helmut? he’d have had to be wearing it on his ar*e to have been any use ,i will sleep better tonight having watched that , thanks

scrotumscratcher:

Dipper_Dave:

8/10 mmm. nice one ,was he wearing a helmut? he’d have had to be wearing it on his ar*e to have been any use ,i will sleep better tonight having watched that , thanks

+1…just warms the cockles of my heart watching him get splattered like the nob he is… :slight_smile:

xichrisxi:

The-Snowman:
And on umpteen other threads, our most vocal cycling members are taking umbrage at anyone who dares mention cyclists running red lights and stating its “not a big problem” and pretty much saying that red lights dont/shouldnt apply to cyclists.

Two options…
Claim on your own insurance get them to pay the excess and risk losing your no claims
Or
Take them to s small claims court for criminal damage to your car and hope they have money to pay up or accept £5 a month payment plan.

There’s no way i would claim on my car insurance, not a chance,
I would sue the bollox of him, for damage to the car and to me the mental trauma it caused me, reoccurring nightmares ect, and whiplash of course, and no £5 p week accepted either, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tommy t:

xichrisxi:

The-Snowman:

Two options…
Or

I would sue the bollox of him, for damage to the car and to me the mental trauma it caused me, reoccurring nightmares ect, and whiplash of course, and no £5 p week accepted either, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So if it had been a 7 year old who had mistakenly ran out, would you ask her mother for some compensation for a cracked headlight on your juganaut, and if you wouldn’t, where do you draw the line ?

16yrs old the law says you can have a moped licence at that age so deems you to be responsible for your own actions so why not on a bike

Bluey Circles:
So if it had been a 7 year old who had mistakenly ran out, would you ask her mother for some compensation for a cracked headlight on your juganaut, and if you wouldn’t, where do you draw the line ?

You’ve played the “what if it had been a small child?” card a tad early have you not?

Bluey Circles:

tommy t:

xichrisxi:

The-Snowman:

Two options…
Or

There’s a slight difference between a 7 year old child running into the road into the path of a car and a grown man willingly running a red light on his push bike.