An entertaining run in with Tesco heavies (security men)

How do peoples of Trucknet. Thought this may entertain some, my run in with aggressive store security for having the nerve to shop in their store. Services was rammed so I nipped down and parked outside Tesco Lakeside as I didn’t need much shopping and this is the result…

lorry-driver.com/2015/03/tru … o.html?m=1

Hopefully it’s water off a ducks back and you didn’t get your feathers ruffled by it.

I would’nt even go for a pony in tesco’s and once Mr security guard has his hand on my truck door handle trying to rob me with his two accomplices as it was dark and I did not know that they were security guards as far as I am concerned I am entitled to give him a mouthful of Buckler steel toe cap safety boot as he would be standing at the ideal height to recieve it.

amamdada:
I would’nt even go for a pony in tesco’s and once Mr security guard has his hand on my truck door handle trying to rob me with his two accomplices as it was dark and I did not know that they were security guards as far as I am concerned I am entitled to give him a mouthful of Buckler steel toe cap safety boot as he would be standing at the ideal height to recieve it.

+1 couldn’t of put it better myself.

I agree with everything you have put on this subject Luke. It’s disgusting that a customer was treat in that way.
Just because you drive a truck, and in their eyes have the audacity to use their parking facilities, they look upon you as a Second class citizen.
Send a letter to the manager of the store and a copy to the Tesco chairman see if you get any feedback.

most likley as your trucks on paddy plates,and you don’t talk like arfur daley then they most likely assumed you were a flipflop hence the vernacular treatment and were too slow/thick/pig ignorant to comprehend the words coming out of your mouth…3 against 2 isn’t too bad odds though,or wouldn’t bertie resort to fisticuffs??

amamdada:

Yes but this way I retain the upper hand! Always stay calm I say. Nowadays with social media you’ve a chance of making it a much bigger problem for them than a few bruises

robroy:
I agree with everything you have put on this subject Luke. It’s disgusting that a customer was treat in that way.
Just because you drive a truck, and in their eyes have the audacity to use their parking facilities, they look upon you as a Second class citizen.
Send a letter to the manager of the store and a copy to the Tesco chairman see if you get any feedback.

Tesco are involved, I did a running commentary on twitter and when you’ve a decent amount of followers they tend to take you seriously. People often slag off the likes of twitter but I’ve had lots of good results from complaining on there!

dieseldog999:
most likley as your trucks on paddy plates,and you don’t talk like arfur daley then they most likely assumed you were a flipflop hence the vernacular treatment and were too slow/thick/pig ignorant to comprehend the words coming out of your mouth…3 against 2 isn’t too bad odds though,or wouldn’t bertie resort to fisticuffs??

Bertie was readying his crossbow. I had to tell them to let me go for their own safety. :smiley:

switchlogic:
How do peoples of Trucknet. Thought this may entertain some, my run in with aggressive store security for having the nerve to shop in their store. Services was rammed so I nipped down and parked outside Tesco Lakeside as I didn’t need much shopping and this is the result…

lorry-driver.com/2015/03/tru … o.html?m=1

I wouldn’t hold it against tescos, was just the part of the world you stopped in and the mental brainstorm that overcomes some who have the word security on a work garment, not good tho.

Unreal this behavior is getting more common in the u.k.
I wouldn’t let this just lie luke I’d take it a lot further.

No I agree Puntabrava. They use third party security anyhow, but I thought Tesco should know about the people they have working for them.

I am taking it further. I’ll be firing off that link in a few emails tomorrow. It was all so unnecessary, all I want to do is get my shopping, put it away and be gone. Something I’ve done many times at that store. Its their stinking attitude that prompted this. If he’d been reasonable and polite from start you wouldn’t be reading this.

Why not tell tesco you absolutely don’t want the guys sacked? They clearly hate their job, and so make them keep doing it I say.

Ask for an apology, not written as they probably can’t write. A video apology posted to their social media and yours would do very nicely I think… :laughing:

Well done for staying calm. Best thing in these situations.

switchlogic:

dieseldog999:

Bertie was readying his crossbow. I had to tell them to let me go for their own safety. :smiley:

I wouldn’t have thought bertie wouldn’t be short of bottle…id have thought he would be like a Rottweiler with piles once he starts.

They have a point though. You spend money in the shop but how dare you assume that also entitles you to a few extra minutes to put it away? What if there had been an emergency delivery of ambient goods needed in? Tesco delivery drivers only get 4 hours per delivery so any hold up by some selfish person who wants to park to enter the shop is just not cricket. Or what if a yummy mummy needed an urgent purchase of spring onions and there was only half an acre of space left in the car park? She might also need to use the access road to give herself more room with which to manouvre her 4x4 (which never climbs anything steeper than a high kerb) into a parking space.
Tut tut switchlogic.
Course you could also have given the one with his hand on the door a kick in the mouth and then claimed self defense as you thought you were being hijacked :laughing:

You should’ve told the prick and his offspring that while he was busy smacking his gums at you there could be a team of the local scrotes in the store stripping the shelves of stock they’re supposed to be keeping an eye on. Tossers, have you sent an e mail to Tosco?

Used to make me laugh when I used to take me mum shopping at Tesco’s god rest her soul.
Would sometimes use a parent and child space if one was available ,people would be giving me dirty looks I’d just say ’ shes me mum,parent and child’.
Hate Tesco’s with a passion these days not the day to day staff as such but just the arrogant bullying management.
Me and the good lady avoid them like the plague these days we wont spend a single penny of our hard earned with a bunch of charlatans and crooks.

Typical attitude of some security guards.

I was doing a delivery to Sainsburys store at Bucchan Galleries in Glasgow, anybody who knows it will know what i mean.

Its quite small, there was a 7.5tonner on Sainsburys bay, there was John lewis decker getting ready to pull out and there was several other vans trucks in. So i sat at barrier for about 10 seconds the 7.5 tonner waved he was leaving so i waited since no one was behind me because if i pulled round to the right would be blocking the whole place.

Security guard starts going crazy telling to get go round to the right (still no one behind me trying to get in), i explain the 7.5tonner is on our bay and leaving when he is out i’ll get on the bay and not be blocking in the John Lewis motor. He tells me ok and not to be cheeky to him or i’ll be banned off site, this point the 7.5tonner is pulling off, i say in a more firm manor i aint the one being cheeky explained to you whats happening and your the one shouting and swearing, your the one with attitude and being cheeky. He goes crazy shouting etc… i drive off to put it on a bay.

Get out to open the back doors some guy appears looks about 16, my boss says you are barred you have to leave, i said fair enough whats his name, he replies sorry can’t tell you, i said well whats yours, he still can’t tell me. I said i’ll need his name when i call Sainsburys to explain whats happend. Won’t tell me so leave park up on street call up depot.

They call up manager of the galleries his exact words where “not that f’in security guard again, tell your driver to come back in, i’ll be down at the security gate, if i he arrives before me just ignore the security guard and drive right in i’ll deal with him”. Was in loads of times after that never saw the same guy.

Tempting as it may be to just land one on the idiots the power of the printed word is a far more effective way to handle situations of this nature as luke said earlier he retained the upper hand intelligence over brawn will win every time

bjd:
Tempting as it may be to just land one on the idiots the power of the printed word is a far more effective way to handle situations of this nature as luke said earlier he retained the upper hand intelligence over brawn will win every time

Yeah I acknowledge what you say mate and to be fair you are probably right,I do try to do the right thing in the main but unfortunately like most people I have a tip over point and people like that security guard seem to trigger it quicker than most,Still on the subject of the printed word I cant help feeling having the word ‘Buckler’ stamped on his forehead would satisfy both approaches.