Filming with long distance drivers

Hello to all Truck Net UK users,

I’m writing from a TV production company who have recently been asked to make a series of documentary style TV commercials for a major British food brand.

We’re looking to film with British lorry drivers who make long, international trips away from their families in the UK. We’d like to film with them out on the road (ideally along a scenic, remote part of the route) and then join them as they return home to their families at the end of the job. Essentially, we’re looking to film the moment they come together with their family for a meal after time spent apart. All in all we’d aim to film with our driver for 2-4 days in total. We would be able to pay the drivers a fee for their time.

Do get in touch if you’re interested and would like to hear more!
Either post below or send an email to the contact below stating name, age, location and brief details of routes covered & family members left behind in the UK.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best wishes,

Anna Martin
Assistant Producer
annamartin@fishfilm.es
Office: 0207 636 4100

If you wanted to make it better you’d do a better job if you filmed some of the crap, say some poor sap who got up at 3am in the morning, battled through rain, snow, traffic etc for 15hrs rather than a “poor hard done by driver driving through some of the best scenery in Europe”.

Sort of like the Heinz advert from years ago? Poor bugger had been out in all weathers driving his truck and he comes in to find a bowl of soddin soup in front of him!

chaversdad:
Sort of like the Heinz advert from years ago? Poor bugger had been out in all weathers driving his truck and he comes in to find a bowl of soddin soup in front of him!

:laughing: :laughing:

If the product sells well, does the driver earn a percentage of sales volume.Maybe fly out the film crew to the destination.

Moaning wife, surly kids, he’s been away so long, even the dog has a go at him.

I think this is a job for an “family” of actors!

If your looking for a “the Waltons” esq family.

Switchlogic is the man ,hes said before he,d be up for something like this,come on luke fame and stardom awaits :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Sounds like a re run of the 1969 A load of pheasants .

TVProducer:
We’re looking to film with British lorry drivers who make long, international trips

You’re about ten years too late, go ask on an eastern European trucking forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Anna, I’ve been a member here (along with a few others) for over 10 years and have seen this type of request come up several times before.

Your post might have better met its readership target in the Euro Drivers sub forum.
There’s a lot of trolley dollies (supermarket delivery lorry drivers) here who rarely do more than a 10 hour shift.

The reason many drivers are reticent to get involved in this type of thing: Many hours of film are canned in which the driver is able to get what his(her) job entails and lifestyle across. Editors then use only a few short clips that often show what has been said in way that is wildly out of context thus completely changing the meaning.

I am not an international driver (wish I was) but if I was and if I were to enter into an agreement with you it would have to include a clause whereby I could insist that certain clips were included.

There is a member here called LimeyPhil who may be of interest, though I cannot say if he would be interested. Also, you might want to spend a few hours searching for and reading some of the excellent picture diaries that have been uploaded by international drivers and consider contacting one or more of them using the pm function.

Driveroneuk:
There is a member here called LimeyPhil .

Now that would be worth watching :laughing:

Switch is the man, it would be Bertie’s five minutes of fame.

Yep this would be right up ‘switchlogics’ street with his in cab cooking expertise.

Might also be worth showing what the wives get up to when hubby is away. Perhaps show some clips of them cooking and cleaning doing household chores and pineing for their menfolk to return to a nice hearty meal…as mentioned not a bowl of heinz soup (other soup makers are available but they aint as good).

Dipper_Dave:
Yep this would be right up ‘switchlogics’ street with his in cab cooking expertise.

Might also be worth showing what the wives get up to when hubby is away. Perhaps show some clips of them cooking and cleaning doing household chores and pineing for their menfolk to return to a nice hearty meal…as mentioned not a bowl of heinz soup (other soup makers are available but they aint as good).

LOL now that could go badly wrong :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:

I don’t think he has a wife and kids!

How about Toby?

KCLeblanc:

Dipper_Dave:

I don’t think he has a wife and kids!

How about Toby?

I didn, t even know switchlogic was that way inclined but a gay couple could work. More power too them I say.

Nothing better than a nice bowl of minced beef waiting for you when you get back with your civil partner.

But switch hasn’t got a wife/husband or kids though. I think that’s what Anna is angling for.

It isn’t a documentary highlighting what a menace to society we are. It’s an advertisement for a food product that says welcome home so I’m sure Anna will want to show the driver in a good light so no traps there.

I’d do it, a: if I ran Europe & b: if I had a wife & kids who actually wanted to see me when I got back… :slight_smile:

Sounds ideal for a European owner driver who wants a bit of diesel money for the trip.

Luke could “act” maybe though, that might work, he’s a personable chap & already has his own internet show so might be a safer bet than a grumpy “bloke”. :slight_smile:

Would you be prepared to film a UK night trunker who comes home to an empty single room at 4am and turns on his laptop?