Caught speeding twice scotland

J88wul:
Just received letter for speeding cam van caught me doing 51mph on national speed limit road Scotland so 40mph this is second in a year what a D**k

Anyone experience this? Got letter the first time saying I’ll be sent in front of traffic commissioner if caught again within 3 year

Tia

I was in the same situation last year (50mph both times) and was asked round to the TC’s gaffe. I thought Ms Aitken (TC for Scotland) was very fair and reasonable - well, I would say that since I got off with a warning. Seriously though, I listened to the three cases before mine - everyone got a fair hearing and I thought her decisions were spot-on. My case was the last of the day, and when it had been dealt with, we had a friendly 5-10 minute chat about lorry-driving. You"ll get the chance to explain your case in as much detail as you want and of course offer any mitigating facts, so - stating the obvious, I know - spend a bit of time preparing what you’re going to say. In my own case, I was caught both times by a mobile camera on an uphill overtaking section (i.e.2 lanes in that
direction only) so I pointed out to the TC that it was a good and safe place to get past tractors and slow lorries. I showed her the photo from the camera to prove that it was a 2-lane section. Whether any of that made any difference, I have no idea. Maybe I just got lucky. Anyway, best of luck. Let us know how you get on.