Election 2015

Dipper_Dave:
Tories (Con / Lib Coalition) have given us 50mph (from next week) on SC-roads (60mph on DC’s I think) allowing the sensible amongst us (conservative voters) to drive more to the conditions and not have to worry so much about speed cameras so we can keep our eyes on the road instead of the speedo. How long it lasts depends on our own and fellow comrades ability to not drive like nutters.

Not to mention being able to coast on downhill DC sections upto 60mph. Although I do think theres a big difference to being pushed to 60 than pulling to 60 like in the old days, but theres a chance this whole 56mph bollox may get removed. Although I will still only go 52mph as I’m an old chuffer who’s joyriding / police chase days are behind him.

If the Cons weren’t just a bunch of pro rail Europhiles there never would have been limiters or a 90 kmh limit on motorways.We’d have had ( revised ) domestic hours regs for domestic operations therefore no 15 hour shifts.Quotas for international freight movements into and out of the UK and trucks being allowed to use red diesel.As for an 80 kmh limit on single carriageways that obviously shows that the 90 kmh limit on motorways has nothing to do with ‘safety’.