Breast implants

Ok I lied :blush: , this ain’t about breast implants, it’s about dental implants :smiley:
Just that I knew a breast implants title would get more attention and traffic. :laughing:

Anybody had one? How much did it cost you? (Again tooth not breast :smiley: )
Reason I ask is I have had a front dental crown for last 25 yrs, which is essentially 2 teeth in one,( ie a crown fixed into my old tooth root, with what looks like another tooth fixed to it that looks like 2 teeth :bulb: )

So during Christmas hols, my old root fractured, and my tooth is slack, and formed a ■■■■ painful abscess, which has recovered now.

Are you still awake? :smiley:
So
I have 3 options.
A denture …which I do NOT want.

A ■■■■ big gap in the front of my gob…Not with my vanity and ego. :blush: :laughing:

An implant drilled into my jaw…But thing is it’s over 2 and a half bloody grand ! :open_mouth:

So… if you have one am I being ripped off, how much was yours?
Was it successful?
Cheers.

Sorry to bore the arse off you with my vanity problems btw, but I have my stunning good looks to maintain you know… :laughing:
:unamused: :smiley:

If you’re a risk taker I believe you can go abroad and get it done for a fraction of the cost, a two week holiday in Turkey with a new set of gnashers thrown in for the same price as getting it done here and return looking like this emoji :smiley:

Budapest is the place to go, or Poland I believe. Mate of mine travelled to Budapest a few months ago and got work that would have cost north of £30k in the UK done for less than £3k there.

Don’t forget though that remainers would have you believe that under new rules you must leave your new foreign teeth at the port of entry!

Speaking of breast implants it has long been my plan when I win the lottery to invest in breast implants! I’ll then get a ■■■■■ extension, buy a cottage in the wilds of Scotland, 500kg of industrial coleslaw and disappear forever with my pecker between my own breasts! Ah, bliss.

Mazzer2:
If you’re a risk taker I believe you can go abroad and get it done for a fraction of the cost, a two week holiday in Turkey with a new set of gnashers thrown in for the same price as getting it done here and return looking like this emoji :smiley:

No risks involved. My daughter-in-law had hers done in Spain, no problems at all. Can be done equally well in Portugal. Both have very good healthcare available.

the maoster:
Speaking of breast implants it has long been my plan when I win the lottery to invest in breast implants! I’ll then get a ■■■■■ extension, buy a cottage in the wilds of Scotland, 500kg of industrial coleslaw and disappear forever with my pecker between my own breasts! Ah, bliss.

If you win the lottery mate you won’t need breast implants I’m sure of that.
You’ll have stunning virtual models all with various size ■■■■■ of your choice queuing up :sunglasses: …trust me. :smiley:
(Can’t comment on whether or not you need a ■■■■■ extension though. :smiley: )

robroy:

the maoster:

You’ll have stunning virtual models all with various size ■■■■■ of your choice queuing up :sunglasses: …trust me. :smiley:

Fair point, but DIY is better, you don’t have to cuddle yourself after or tell yourself that your bum doesn’t look to big in this or that.

the maoster:

robroy:

the maoster:

Fair point, but DIY is better, you don’t have to cuddle yourself after or tell yourself that your bum doesn’t look to big in this or that.

That’s a good point mate :sunglasses:
And any type of ■■■ with yourself guarantees you a better class of partner. :laughing:

Nobody with first hand exp of implants then eh? :neutral_face:

Got first appointment tomorrow…unless I wimp out.

2 done, £5 change out of £5k.

It’s a weird thing to have done, not painful at the time just weird because the dentist really is using a precision impact drill going straight into your jaw bone, in my case just under me hooter…he’ll also use a torque wrench to finally tighten your new teeth down, creeek click :open_mouth:
I wouldn’t go abroad personally because if anything goes wrong and you need to go back?, i have a terrible gag reflex and cannot have the normal casts taken, but there’s new technology now where they make a 3d computerised virtual map of yer gob, my two implants were made from this and they are perfect, glad i had it done.

The night of the drilling is weird, you can feel all sorts of cracking sounds inside your skull, you arn’t supposed to go back to work for several days but i did (cos idiot) , you will need a lot of painkillers mind because this is seriously intrusive work.

There are a couple of places in that London which advertise this work for around £2000 per implant, even at a saving of £1000 (less travelling) still not sure i would, but if Glasgow or Edinburgh have similar professional set ups geared to this work and are substantially cheaper it might be worth investigating.

The thing with not getting it done is that your teeth are designed to share the load across them, with two together not sharing that load means the others on that row are taking loads they were never designed to, which can only lead to one result.

Had a similar problem. Without abcess…just bleeding. 500quid for a deep clean.
Same choices as you, but have chosen to get a bridge. That will be 3grand…towards dentists new merc.
Better done in UK methinks. Any future problems will have to be resolved here. Also,couldn’t bear the patronising waffle about it being a false economy if that were the case.

I would stick with the U.K., firstly for the quality of the dental work and secondly, you’ve got the good old NHS as back up if it goes a bit Pete Tong. I had root canal treatment a couple of years ago that got infected over the Christmas hols, ended up with sepsis, not to be a drama queen but I nearly died. Straight to casualty, massive amounts of antibiotics through iv, thank Christ for the NHS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update as I know everybody is on the edge of their Bostrums concerned and worried about me over this. :sunglasses: :laughing:
(Yeh ok I know nobody actually gives a flying ■■■■, but you see, I ain’t got no friends. :laughing: :laughing: )

Been for the ‘first wave’ of treatment today :smiley: …, a tooth root extraction,.and a drill into my jaw to set in the fixing point for the implant in future, finished off with a couple of stitches.
Root extraction went with no complications, so that knocked 300 quid off their ‘assessment quote’ so a result on that,.and I did not get a temporary denture,.so another 100 or so quid saved. :sunglasses:
Got another antibiotic course to keep infection down…so still no more drink for a while. :open_mouth:

So I made an initial payment of a grand, with the rest to follow in around two months for next session after this heals.

So anyhoo …if anybody is thinking of going for this implant thing,.glad to say no big deal in terms of pain…apart from the cost that is :open_mouth: . :laughing:
(After saying that my face is starting to get bloody painful as this anaesthetic is wearing off. :open_mouth:
But don’t worry too much about me, :laughing: :unamused:)

Glad you’re going through with it.
Be interesting if you have the same experience as i, cracking sounds within you skull, should be tonight.
Yes, it will hurt like buggery for a couple of days, but the worst is now over.

robroy:
(After saying that my face is starting to get bloody painful

^^^^ I’ve been saying that for a while now!

Oh c’mon ffs! Even The Toon couldn’t miss a goal as open as that!

Hard to feel sympathy for you as you’re laid on the settee, remote in hand and a loving wife to mop your brow and attend to your needs, bit of a downer about the no alcohol though :smiley:
To be serious, glad it went well I have two crowns at the front and they were painful enough, I defy any man to have the painkilling injections into the base of his nose and in a nano second not have tears streaming out of his eyes.

the maoster:

robroy:
(After saying that my face is starting to get bloody painful

^^^^ I’ve been saying that for a while now!

Oh c’mon ffs! Even The Toon couldn’t miss a goal as open as that!

Aye you caught me at a weak moment (I usually watch what I post on here, and mostly because of …you. :smiley: )

And I’ll ignore the last bit,.still licking my wounds about last night’s Arsenal game. :smiling_imp:

Mazzer2:
Hard to feel sympathy for you as you’re laid on the settee, remote in hand and a loving wife to mop your brow and attend to your needs, bit of a downer about the no alcohol though :smiley:
To be serious, glad it went well I have two crowns at the front and they were painful enough, I defy any man to have the painkilling injections into the base of his nose and in a nano second not have tears streaming out of his eyes.

:laughing: :laughing: Got to admit I’m putting it on a bit and the wife is waiting on me hand and foot. :laughing:
‘‘Another coffee please pet,.and can you put the fire on full, oh and plump that cushion up a bit, good lass’’
She’s bound to suss me sooner or later and hit me with a few Dutch swear words. :laughing:

Really relieved the most potentially painful part is over,.I’ve been like a bear with a sore arse (and tooth :smiley: ) all week thinking about it.

robroy:
Aye you caught me at a weak moment (I usually watch what I post on here, and mostly because of …you. :smiley: )

You obviously remember that selfie I took of us both in some pub in CarlisleI’ll only bring that out if you ■■■■ me off enough. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:

You obviously remember that selfie I took of us both in some pub in CarlisleI’ll only bring that out if you ■■■■ me off enough. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh God NO !!!
Sorry mate (sir)
:laughing:

The wife has just reminded me talking about pubs,…I’m gonna have to change the habits of a life time of zero tolerance towards f/whits and stop getting involved by sticking my neb in if some ■■■■ knob head is gobbing off in a pub…not at 2 and a half grand a tooth anyhow.!! :open_mouth: I ain’t as quick (or young :cry: ) as I used to be. :smiley:
:laughing:
Meet the new Placid Rob. :sunglasses: