Music

In these difficult times , what music, albums do you truckers,drivers listen too any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Depend where I am, what truck I’m in, does the radio pick up DAB. Some truck radios are good soon are crap, it’s the luck of the draw which one I get each day. If I get a good one with DAB, then it’s PlanetRock on the radio all day long, if it’s FM only then it depends on where I am locally, around Brum I’ll listen to Greatest Hits radio, but I never listen to the BBC stations

I tend to listen to true crime podcasts I download to my iPhone

mr bluecity:
I tend to listen to true crime podcasts I download to my iPhone

Ahh !
A fan of party* political broadcasts?

*All varieties available

I’m trying getting my monies worth out of Jeff Bezos and listening to allsorts thru amazon music…
[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In order of preference late 60’s/early 1970’s usual suspect Rock bands and artists like George Harrison to old school Ska/Reggae, 1960’s Motown, and some 1980’s U2, Level 42, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears etc.
Also a few other way out exceptions from Sandy Shaw etc to 1980’s Italo pop.

As for the abysmal Brit radio these days it’s generally a joke.More often than not it’ll be turned off on the road or at home.

I’m on the same wavelength as Carryfast , can’t beat the early years of Tears for fears , and Talk Talk and The The were very underestimated but sounded great on the Hi- Fi .
TFF converted old farm buildings in to the Wool Hall recording studios and later sold it to Van Morrison , in Beckington , you could bump in to Morrisey or any recording artists staying at the studio .
I thought King were fantastic , Paul King later went on to tv presenting . I liked the Thompson Twins , Simple Minds , The Smiths , Morrissey , Yazoo , Sisters of Mercy .
Big Country , great live , RIP to the lead singer Stuart Adamson who committed suicide in the USA loosing the battle to his alcohol addition .
Hayseed Dixie , made famous by Jeremy Vine , a take on to AC/DC but in a differing style .

toby1234abc:
Talk Talk I liked the Thompson Twins Yazoo .

At the time I found a lot of the 80’s synthesised electro stuff grated a bit at least compared to a lot of the older stuff I’d grown up with.But then gradually got more used to it and got it up to a point and realised that there were actually some real classics among the drumming machines and synthesisers.I guess an electric guitar is just a form of synthesiser.

But it was then taken to the silly extreme in the case of modern day stuff.

Taking of synthesizer music , OMD were ahead of their time in their heyday , some brilliant tracks .
Howard Jones who I saw live several times , once at the famous Goldiggers nightclub in Chippenham where bands would start a world or UK tour .
Pre lockdown 80s music was thriving with festivals , cruise ship 80s themed trips and Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet is still going strong and hasn’t aged .

Tony Hadley,cruiseliner pop,a perfect fit :smiley: Not a fan of the 80s stable of ‘talent’ tbh but although a patchy decade for genius-grade offerings,it had a certain,originality until i guess messrs-Stock,Aitken and Waterman turned up to churn out some of the most banal and insipid aural-crud imaginable but i guess the original creative force that underpinned pop-music had long since withered on the vine at that point and these,corporate hucksters were simply gorging on the corpse,with ludicrous pretensions they were some kind of,Motown style,‘Hit-Factory’… :slight_smile: Quality,it most certainly wasn’t.

‘Pop’ music today is on a different level of hideousness,practically satanic in it’s current state,devoid of anything resembling lyrical or musical verve, in fact downright evil in its scope.Lots of Illuminati symbolism to the fore almost like it’s been planned as such.Christ on a bike,we once had Paul Simon,Steven Stills,Joni Mitchell,Lennon/Mcartney etc,how in hell did it deteriorate to ED ■■■■ Sheerhan ffs?

Manalishi , you must have read my mind as I was going to mention Scot Aitkin and Waterman in my last post , you are right about the stuff they churned out , I think Hazel Dean was from their so called hit factory but i did see her live in a Bath night club that was a converted underground public toilets called Bog Island , she had a portable loud speaker and probably mimed the singing .
Can’t beat New Order .

manalishi:
‘Pop’ music today is on a different level of hideousness,practically satanic in it’s current state,

Have to say the modern house garage techno or whatever they call it really is weird zb.Strangely I’d guessed the synthesised stuff would eventually end up going that way.It’s just computer driven noise nothing more than that no way is it music.
Although I guess my Glenn Miller and Sinatra fan dad would have said the same about Slade Alive if he’d invested in a decent valve amp and some Celestion speakers to listen to it.Let alone the neighbours. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

watched The Proms last night,well part of it anyway…an amazing performance by Anoushka Shankar playing sitar! (i wonder who taught her to play that thing? :wink: )…quite easy on the eye as well :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Manalishi , you must have read my mind as I was going to mention Scot Aitkin and Waterman in my last post , you are right about the stuff they churned out , I think Hazel Dean was from their so called hit factory but i did see her live in a Bath night club that was a converted underground public toilets called Bog Island , she had a portable loud speaker and probably mimed the singing .
Can’t beat New Order .

Hazel Dean :smiley: there’s one for the memoirs,just the type that S.A.W would exploit to the max,still it got Waterman his many steam-engines to play with at the same time as releasing a raft of noxious ‘musical’ earworms across the land that will have the same time-frame as Plutonium,before finally breaking down and dissolving into the abyss from which it sprang.I like to start my day with quality music playing in mi swede,maybe a Led-Zep acoustic masterpiece such as-‘‘That’s the Way’’.'‘Tangerine’'or ‘‘South City Midnight Lady’’ by the Doobie Brothers yet,often there’s ,inexplicably, some hideous,flatulent,remnants from the Monsantos of pop-music (s.a.w) chunnering round the head.WTF is that crap doing in there uninvited,?..some kind of MK-Ultra,Tavistock-Institute programming possibly? :open_mouth:

There’s an interesting website called -(Vigilant-Citizen) which spotlights the way popular ‘music’ is being used as a major vehicle in promoting,let’s say,unhealthy :smiling_imp: modes of cultural/philosophical development these days,lot’s of Monarch-Butterfly,Eye of Horus,pyramid,Luciferian type posturings from the usual (unlistenable) suspects-Swift,Beyonce,Gaga,JayZ ad-nauseum.It’s as clear as mustard that the modus of music, as once known,being a force for joy and optimism; has long been on an opposite trajectery,by inculcating the exact opposite into the cultural arena and shows no signs of relenting,they even have local-radio stations playing in GP and dental waiting rooms puking out this excrement,no way in hell is this not part of the wider,demoralisation agenda.

manalishi:
local-radio stations puking out this excrement,no way in hell is this not part of the wider,demoralisation agenda.

I’ve often wondered why is it that stations like ‘Absolute 70’s’ only seem to have a very limited ( approved ? ) list that seems to airbrush out stuff like Freebird from history.While also seeming to forget that Santana etc ever existed.While even those that might just somehow ever play it will deliberately cut off the essential masterpiece instrumental ending part of the record.
Everything else can be viewed in that light.Strange zb going on.

Carryfast:

manalishi:
‘Pop’ music today is on a different level of hideousness,practically satanic in it’s current state,

Have to say the modern house garage techno or whatever they call it really is weird zb.Strangely I’d guessed the synthesised stuff would eventually end up going that way.It’s just computer driven noise nothing more than that no way is it music.
Although I guess my Glenn Miller and Sinatra fan dad would have said the same about Slade Alive if he’d invested in a decent valve amp and some Celestion speakers to listen to it.Let alone the neighbours. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Plus it operates on a different frequency level that was changed across the broadcasting spectrum many years ago.I believe the noxious lyrical content of so called Rap/House/jungle/bird-bath,is working in cahoots with adulterated electronic frequencies to prosecute nefarious,spirit-sapping agendas in tandem with the undermining of physical health,i.e-Flouride,Glysophates,Vaccines,Aspartame etc.Why would music escape such weaponisation ?

manalishi:
Why would music escape such weaponisation ?

Ironically When I hear Blurred Lines all I can hear is Marvin Gaye Got to Give it Up and I can take Nele Furtado Maneater just as I like Halle and Oates record of same title.But Freebird will always be the backing track of my life and I just shut off and laugh at the House Garage type zb just as I hate CGI films and their stupid competerised over stated sound tracks to the point where I just don’t use my AV amp for modern movies.
Does that mean that I’m immune and the zb’s won’t get me I’m just too old school. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:

manalishi:
Why would music escape such weaponisation ?

Ironically When I hear Blurred Lines all I can hear is Marvin Gaye Got to Give it Up and I can take Nele Furtado Maneater just as I like Halle and Oates record of same title.But Freebird will always be the backing track of my life and I just shut off and laugh at the House Garage type zb just as I hate CGI films and their stupid competerised over stated sound tracks to the point where I just don’t use my AV amp for modern movies.
Does that mean that I’m immune and the zb’s won’t get me I’m just too old school. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I’d say you’ve just not been programmed to the degree that generation-hipster beard has.You grew in a time where decent culture and morals abounded,pre-social media mind-control that has spiritually disembowelled two or so generations who will be gathered for harvest soon enough,will not have any notion of those halcyon days prior to milk snatchers assault on humanity at it’s backers behest.Truly the mother of darkness.Freebird’s the dogs, but let’s not overlook The-Outlaws-'‘Green-Grass-And-High-Tides’,'a masterpiece often overlooked i feel. :sunglasses:

I always keep a few Tangerine Dream compilation CDs with me. Wispy Instrumental and synth music with no annoying vocals keeps me chilled when auto cruising miles 'n miles at 56mph on motorways.

rearaxle:
In these difficult times , what music, albums do you truckers,drivers listen too any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I know its an oldie, but Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours is one of my favourites out on the road.