Would you own/bring a gun if you could?

In an alternate universe very similar to our own guns are leagal to own/carry in the UK. Just curious. Talking about a personal one for personal protection, not a company thing to protect their truck or cargo. Ever felt threatened and thought to yourself ‘Having a gun right now would be helpful?’ or just in general. Keep in mind you’d have to pay for it so take that into consideration. Idk how much a legal one would cost, let’s say £1000 or so including permits and all…

A nice Glock 19, for during the week, and a Barratt M82 for the weekend…

But then I wouldn’t trust my-self, that’s why I’ve never had fac/sc for that reason.

ive owned firearms,and shotguns until recent years as its too much hassle dealing with plod the way they work now.

if it became more readily legally available,then it would depend if it was american law,then yes,or,uk law which means that you would become the criminal instead of the victim.

assuming you are pink,then it would also depend if the person you shot was pink ( in which case you might have a chance),or black,in which case here we go with the snowflake lefty pro black/immigrant racist fannys jumping on the bandwagon.

i personally would think if the law was on my side to defend as in america then id lose little if any sleep injuring or disposing of a immigrant/diddycoy,or scallywag in general if they were of any threat whatsoever…wheres the loss ?

dieseldog999:
ive owned firearms,and shotguns until recent years as its too much hassle dealing with plod the way they work now.

if it became more readily legally available,then it would depend if it was american law,then yes,or,uk law which means that you would become the criminal instead of the victim.

assuming you are pink,then it would also depend if the person you shot was pink ( in which case you might have a chance),or black,in which case here we go with the snowflake lefty pro black/immigrant racist fannys jumping on the bandwagon.

i personally would think if the law was on my side to defend as in america then id lose little if any sleep injuring or disposing of a immigrant/diddycoy,or scallywag in general if they were of any threat whatsoever…wheres the loss ?

Above is the justification for never legalizing firearms for all and sundry in this country. The mind boggles. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If this alternate universe had a police force that actually policed crime instead of everything and anything except crime, and where said police were on the side of victims instead of the criminal, then there would be no need for us to carry guns, because it would be the criminals who were frightened instead of decent people :bulb:

Personally i’m in favour of citizens being allowed to own firearms, including concealed carry, so long as they are trained properly and pass practical handling use and criminal record tests to obtain the licence, a fiream is a great leveller where even the weakest of people can defend themselves against violent criminals.

Sadly we don’t live in that country and haven’t for at least 3 decades, the state is not your friend (as many more will soon find out) and the police are definately not on the side of the innocent victim even if the average normal decent non-university-fast-tracked copper would prefer Peel’s original method of policing to the current utter ■■■■■■■■, the reality is try to avoid being a victim is the best one can hope for, if that means not wishing to live in or ever visit inner city hell holes and being branded some sort of 'ist for being pragmatic about such obvious good sense then so be it.

Not just the police, its the whole criminal justice system is dead, until criminals fear the police and especially the courts, the law abiding will be the ones who continue to suffer because currently there is no deterrent.

Voted no
Would rather punch their lights out
I know its not pc but I am rather old school
Ho hum

kevmac47:

dieseldog999:

Above is the justification for never legalizing firearms for all and sundry in this country. The mind boggles. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

vermin justify no life in my book mate…
you have a somewhat similar outlook to them as a social worker i know who bleated on about their rights constantly…right up until the point he gor robbed by some of them and overnight he took a reality pill as to what these people are.

ive had firearms/shotgun licences for over 30 years…its your opinion of the law that dictates how you use them.
it works fine in america for the legal gun owners.
if it worked the same here,then there would be no vermin defacing historical monuments or vandalising statues…
all those guns and no riots…seems to work fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=unBVZY9pkuk

Absolutely. It is just a tool, like a pair of pliers. You don’t have to use it, but it would be comforting to have, to be able to use if it ever came to it.
There is no pressure if it was legalised for anyone to have one, it just gives the option - Afterall, why should someone else dictate what you feel you need for your own safety - Especially if those dictating have their own private armed security?

I was brought up around and owned firearms myself over the years, so I don’t see them as a big scary thing like some may in this once great nation.

Sadly even pepper spray is banned in the UK. Letting people carry pepper spray, especially young ladies, which seem to be statistically more at risk of ■■■■■■■■ based crimes compared to any other demographic, would reduce those crimes. I’m somewhat surprise this hasn’t been raised in the “Womens Rights” groups - But I guess they are typically left-based and would go against their agenda of relying on the state to keep people safe rather than having personal responsibility.

if they let women carry pepper spray then surley they would need to let men carry them also as women and men are equal(when it suits women).

flick sticks,and hand held stun guns work well everywhere else in the workd except britain.

they would be a good addition to anyone though the only ones to use them illegally would be the ones similar to the massive amount of toerags around the major cities that carry knifes who are immune from any form of worthwhile prosecution at present.

Hmm …way I see it is this.
It’s the same as carrying any weapon.
An altercation that would usually start with an argument, and progress as far as a fist fight, then job done, , could quite easily escalate to potential murder,…then it’s bye bye life for 20 years inside,… or worse if you lose the fight.
Eay I see it is it should be automatic 5 years if a young tow rag is carrying a knife,.and 10 years for a gun, but that would not fit in with the pathetic law and order system in the UK, now would it.

Two words - Tony Martin - tell you all you need to know about what authorities think about you attempting to defend you and your property against the proper scum of the world.

ETS:
In an alternate universe very similar to our own guns are leagal to own/carry in the UK. Just curious. Talking about a personal one for personal protection, not a company thing to protect their truck or cargo. Ever felt threatened and thought to yourself ‘Having a gun right now would be helpful?’ or just in general.

Not since I left the army and even in the army it was only when deployed to sketchy places. Never come across any situation as a civvy where I thought guns would be needed and I’ve waded into a few including sorting out my drug dealing neighbour and his clientele. I could however see that would change if we were allowed to carry like the US which is one good reason not to. The kinds of people who carry illegal guns in this country now are mentally a sandwich short of a picnic so even if you had one it would still end up badly for you simply because your morals and thought processes don’t function on the same neanderthal level their do so you’d be less willing to use one because you’d think of the consequences whereas they don’t give a ■■■■ and would pull the trigger without hesitation. That delay would see you dead. Had you not had a gun the situation is way lower on the threat level so them shooting you is much less likely.

dieseldog999:
if they let women carry pepper spray then surley they would need to let men carry them also as women and men are equal(when it suits women).

flick sticks,and hand held stun guns work well everywhere else in the worked except Britain.

they would be a good addition to anyone though the only ones to use them illegally would be the ones similar to the massive amount of toerags around the major cities that carry knifes who are immune from any form of worthwhile prosecution at present.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. Ofcourse everyone would be able to carry pepper spray, men, women, anything/everything between too. I just find it odd that womens rights groups aren’t a driving force in legalisation of pepper spray as it would be the demographic they are supposed to represent that might benefit the most from it, potentially deterring ■■■■■■■■ based crimes, which typically are a bigger % of women being the victims (But not always)

What might once be sorted in a bout of fistycuffs in times gone by, are now typically multiples vs 1 where there is no fair balance, sometimes the additions of knives/dogs too. Also what if the person being attacked is handicapped in anyway ? The police would push for a hate-crime but the police are always there after the event…Then you have gang initiations, where the new member has to do a certain crime/action against random person, to be accepted into the gang… Then you have protester/mob rule and anyone caught up is seen as collateral damage “For the cause” Where it can be tens, or more people surrounding a vehicle, damaging it, while the driver is stuck inside, if they were to get out, may be lynched by the mobs while the police dance around painting rainbows on their faces and kneeling down to those same “protesters”

A slightly cringeworthy quote from the Americans but fairly apt.
God made man
Sam Colt made them equal
(Sam Colt invented a range of handgun designs and patents in the 1800’s for revolvers)

Guns are generally a case of go large or go home. :wink: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLxnNP-ycVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=wX6oJV28Q7w

youtube.com/watch?v=MRWNoJkDYZ8

youtube.com/watch?v=As_T8wGaYqM

WhiteTruckMan:
Two words - Tony Martin - tell you all you need to know about what authorities think about you attempting to defend you and your property against the proper scum of the world.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+!
my point entirely…sad but true.

Suedehead:
Voted no
Would rather punch their lights out
I know its not pc but I am rather old school
Ho hum

And should your tormentor weigh in at 15 stone,6ft 6 tall with a Ragnar Lothbuk (sic) penchant for spilled claret (yours)…you’d presumably feel this a fair contest? just wondering?

Conor:

ETS:
In an alternate universe very similar to our own guns are leagal to own/carry in the UK. Just curious. Talking about a personal one for personal protection, not a company thing to protect their truck or cargo. Ever felt threatened and thought to yourself ‘Having a gun right now would be helpful?’ or just in general.

Not since I left the army and even in the army it was only when deployed to sketchy places. Never come across any situation as a civvy where I thought guns would be needed and I’ve waded into a few including sorting out my drug dealing neighbour and his clientele. I could however see that would change if we were allowed to carry like the US which is one good reason not to. The kinds of people who carry illegal guns in this country now are mentally a sandwich short of a picnic so even if you had one it would still end up badly for you simply because your morals and thought processes don’t function on the same neanderthal level their do so you’d be less willing to use one because you’d think of the consequences whereas they don’t give a ■■■■ and would pull the trigger without hesitation. That delay would see you dead. Had you not had a gun the situation is way lower on the threat level so them shooting you is much less likely.

So a couple of dudes break into your drum with psychotic,drug fuelled intent one evening while you’re abed.You wouldn’t like to acquaint them with messrs Smith&Wesson,should things go a bit medieval?..is it me? :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

WhiteTruckMan:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+!
my point entirely…sad but true.

Tony Martin. The guy with an illegal pump action shotgun who shot unarmed intruders in the back?
He was allegedly the victim of repeat burglaries. I don’t think he was ever attacked himself?

dieseldog999:

kevmac47:

dieseldog999:

vermin justify no life in my book mate…
you have a somewhat similar outlook to them as a social worker i know who bleated on about their rights constantly…right up until the point he gor robbed by some of them and overnight he took a reality pill as to what these people are.

ive had firearms/shotgun licences for over 30 years…its your opinion of the law that dictates how you use them.
it works fine in america for the legal gun owners.
if it worked the same here,then there would be no vermin defacing historical monuments or vandalising statues…
all those guns and no riots…seems to work fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=unBVZY9pkuk

Have you told TNUK about your change of address?
"No riots in the US (Because of guns)’
Have you moved to the planet Zog?

The US has many more guns than just about anywhere else.
It has more of it’s population locked up than anywhere else in the “free” world.
It has approx 5 homicides per 100,000 population compared to 1.1 in the UK.
Hands up, who thinks we would do well to copy them?