Will you or wont you

simple question.

will you,or wont you voluntary download this government app.?
and assuming you will not,then how long will it be until you are sneakily forced to by other backdoor means?

bbc.co.uk/news/health-52521526

theguardian.com/politics/20 … e-launched

wired.co.uk/article/nhs-cor … acking-app

I read the…

Wired link.

Supposing you don’t have a smartphone? Perhaps you just use an old Nokia or such like?

I don’t take my phone with me all the time and I’m not alone in that practice.

dieseldog999:
simple question.

and assuming you will not,then how long will it be until you are sneakily forced to by other backdoor means?

Here we go again. Mr I know best and starting up your conspiracy theories.

Google already know every move I make so at the moment I see no reason not to use the app, however I will be watching various news sites ec’t to see what sensible reasons people come up with for not using it.

By “sensible reasons” I’m obviously discounting the conspiracy theorists who see a conspiracy in everything, I don’t have much time for the David Icke’s of this world :unamused:

Having said that, If I ever see evidence that the app is in any way being used as evidence to fine someone for not complying with the Covid regulations the app will be uninstalled immediately.

Happily do it. I will purchase a new phone to aid the app.

All my burner phones or I.P phones will stay within the circle of friends i communicate with.

Said new phone will only have details of if i have had virus or not. No names dob or other bits and bobs. And before anyone asks about IP phones it exists on servers tun by criminals only letting criminals use said phones and are untraceable unless the server gets hacked which is highly unlikely as they run on russian or dutch IP. Thankyou

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you’ve just described me mate , hate the bloody things. always had a works phone tilI finished 5 yrs ago. got a little nokia only cause the missus insisted… and I aint got a clue where that is at the momeent :laughing:

oh, and even if I could no I wouldn’t…

dieseldog999:
simple question.

no chance!

Darkside:

dieseldog999:
simple question.

no chance!

Why not ?

We need to track the virus by tracking infected people and who they are or have been in contact with, it goes hand in hand with testing and treating the virus, technology has been utilised to do this the quickest and easiest way. why on earth would anyone not allow an app to do this. Why would the NHS bother tracking you for any other reason, if it saves lives and possibly my own, I don’t care if they know my whereabouts.

tachograph:

Darkside:

dieseldog999:
simple question.

no chance!

Why not ?

Because I am currently on twitter and instagram, and I get a lot of targeted adverts.

Imagine scrolling through your phone and seeing a load more junk from the bunch of incompetents in government…

Poses a problem for us.

You go to a RDC to do an ambient delivery, you don’t get out the lorry, all paperwork is being done electronically so other than standing on the other side of a bit of perspex shouting at someone you have no contact. Someone in the RDC in the freezer side gets coronavirus but because you’ve been in the vicinity you get a text message telling you to self isolate even though your chances of being infected by that person are absolutely zero.

Conor:
Poses a problem for us.

You go to a RDC to do an ambient delivery, you don’t get out the lorry, all paperwork is being done electronically so other than standing on the other side of a bit of perspex shouting at someone you have no contact. Someone in the RDC in the freezer side gets coronavirus but because you’ve been in the vicinity you get a text message telling you to self isolate even though your chances of being infected by that person are absolutely zero.

That is only whilst at work though.

UKtramp:

dieseldog999:
simple question.

Here we go again. Mr I know best and starting up your conspiracy theories.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would think this was a reasonably sensible topic open to debate and would think any person of reasonable intelligence would consider this would be a reasonably accurate link as to where downloading the app may or may not lead without any nonsense about conspiracy theories.
…try harder… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ft.com/content/1752affb-24d … f9ce1adca9

Conor:
Poses a problem for us.

From my understanding of what has been said about the app you would have to have more than a brief encounter for the app to register as contact. They haven’t specified what yet but I’m guessing that being at less than 2 metres for somewhere between 5-15 minutes would activate it. These may vary depending whether it was an indoor or outdoor setting. The app will tell you where the contact was. The ‘track and trace’ team would then contact you to establish what that contact was (e.g. conversation,touching, passing an object, etc.) In your scenario you wouldn’t have to isolate.
If you were just briefly near someone ( e.g. passing someone in a shop) for the app to activate then it would cause problems due to the sheer numbers.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i would think this was a reasonably sensible topic open to debate and would think any person of reasonable intelligence would consider this would be a reasonably accurate link as to where downloading the app may or may not lead without any nonsense about conspiracy theories.
…try harder… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ft.com/content/1752affb-24d … f9ce1adca9

Hmm you may have a legitimate post here, ok fair play.

I see no real reason not to install the app.
For those looking over their shoulders, and wondering about covert tracking, ask yourselves:
If a malevolent Government wanted an app to track you, why do you think they would ask you to install one? If a serious black-hat wants to track you, they will install a tracker without your knowledge. That may beyond the capabilities of those in smelly dark bedrooms, but a Gov giving out permissions and licences to phone operating companies?
I would like to get an early “heads up” about possible infection so I don’t start getting symptoms a couple of days from home. I don’t want to spread it unwittingly, and be responsible for someone else being harmed.
Yeah, I’m up for it.

Nope not volunteering for more surveillance, it only encourages them when you bend over willingly, and won’t be in the queue for Dr Mengele’s dubious vaccine when it arrives either.

No
If you are flagged as being near somebody who is positive for coranvirus you are then told to self isolate…great so you might not get the virus but you will have to sit at home on £94 for the week.
And then you may 1 week later get the all clear to come out of isolation only to unwittingly stand next to another positive virus person in the supermarket and then you get another call to self isolate again for £94 for the week.
Ill pass on that thanks.

Juddian:
Nope not volunteering for more surveillance, it only encourages them when you bend over willingly, and won’t be in the queue for Dr Mengele’s dubious vaccine when it arrives either.

That’s alright then. One less in front of me in the queue!
Medicine? Vaccine?
Smallpox, polio, measles, were killers in the UK before vaccination.
Malaria is still a killer that might be controlled if a vaccine is produced.
COVID 19 may well, if we’re lucky, be controlled by a vaccine. Back to normal life for those of us who choose it.

msgyorkie:
No
If you are flagged as being near somebody who is positive for coranvirus you are then told to self isolate…great so you might not get the virus but you will have to sit at home on £94 for the week.
And then you may 1 week later get the all clear to come out of isolation only to unwittingly stand next to another positive virus person in the supermarket and then you get another call to self isolate again for £94 for the week.
Ill pass on that thanks.

The app alone isn’t enough it’s true. But if you isolate, and a team comes quickly around to check you, it will work.
Either back to work as normal, or you stay in with the medics knowing you are there, and being able to help you.
The app is not “The Answer” but it is a part of it.
It is a tool, and if used intelligently will be an aid.