Are bubble cars about to make a comeback?

I’ve been reading about this ‘Microlina bubble car’ lately and more than 15000 people have already reserved this EV version before mass production begins :open_mouth:

What these

I hope they do, according to common theory you would make a donkey feel inadequate and be in a scene from benny hill with bikini clad blondes chasing you driving around in this…

download.jpeg

To many wheels…

the nodding donkey:
To many wheels…

Could put a cr500 engine in it or to keep on topic a powerful electric motor and that thing would easily resort to only have 2wheels on the tarmac…

Sounds lile the Japanese micro cars from yhe 80s or those Gwizz Chinese things that seem to have mostly disappeared. Another grand plan of uselessness… bit like Smart Cars.

Looks good but it wont pass modern legislation, they frown on things where the driver is the crumple zone.

malcolmgbell:
What these

I seem to remember that, if reverse gear was disabled, they were classed as a motorbike and sidecar, and you could drive one at sixteen.
Sorted, as long as you didn’t park to close to whatever was in front of you, cos then you couldn’t get the door open and you had to wait for somebody to come along to push the thing back.
How we chuckled, bad little b----rs that we were.
Is the one in the picture an ISETTA?

alamcculloch:
Looks good but it wont pass modern legislation, they frown on things where the driver is the crumple zone.

Yeah They’ve passed the regulations which allows these vehicles to be designed to less stringent requirements when compared to regular cars by coming under the Euro ‘Heavy quadricycle’ L7e category.

Old John:

malcolmgbell:
What these

I seem to remember that, if reverse gear was disabled, they were classed as a motorbike and sidecar, and you could drive one at sixteen.
Sorted, as long as you didn’t park to close to whatever was in front of you, cos then you couldn’t get the door open and you had to wait for somebody to come along to push the thing back.
How we chuckled, bad little b----rs that we were.
Is the one in the picture an ISETTA?

don’t think you could ride a motorbike combo until you were 17.