Poll - should we take action in Syria?

The Syria thread is bumbling along. Just a simple straw poll.

I’ve kept it super basic. That may invite essays from the theorists. I’ve avoided conditional options of the “only if…” type.

Past military action in the ME has not followed intentions. I figured it more practical to start from just yes or no and presume anything that happens after is a bit of a lottery :laughing:

No we should avoid at all costs, just as the idiots in westmonster should never have listened to blair and his disciples and given their approval for Iraq, nor should cameron have been allowed his own piece of genocide in Libya (another bloody mess, another land now in the hands of cut-throats to the cost of millions of innocents), thankfully they held him back from attacking Syria previously, though i’m non too sure the puppet May has any more bloody sense than him.

If these attacks go ahead and the Americans (wagging us like a tail) dare attack Russian bases openly or even Syrian bases openly (without fair warning like last year when they put a few pot holes in an airfield :unamused: ), then the response from Russia is going to be shocking and awesome to behold, and when up to half a dozen US shipborne missile platform are sinking the world will finally realise that the Russians (read Chinese and Iranian backed, Turkey could go either way) ain’t some third world dictators toy army that will crumble before the might of the US military.

Anyone seen any evidence yet, apart from some youtube footage shot in some dingy basement, that there was a chemical attack at all, let alone who might be responsible? thought not.

We’d be better of interning half the idiots in parliament, on the justifyable reason for the safety of the nation.

Yes.

To sit by while people are being treated like this is unthinkable.

Cartload of evidence on the web, and there has been evidence of it for years from reliable sources.

only if that action was to nuke the entire country of the face of the earth… no syria,no syrian illegals crawling into britain and europe…step in the right direction…

Darkside:
Yes.

Cartload of evidence on the web, and there has been evidence of it for years from reliable sources.

Would you say the past form of ME has shown military intervention has lessened the casualty rate on people living within in a conflict or added to their suffering by several fold?

What is the goal? Is the goal to punish the culprit for violating a rule or reduce suffering? Empirically military action in the ME has always increased loss of life to citizens.

dieseldog999:
only if that action was to nuke the entire country of the face of the earth… no syria,no syrian illegals crawling into britain and europe…step in the right direction…

If that were to happen immigration would be the least of your worries.

Juddian:
No we should avoid at all costs, just as the idiots in westmonster should never have listened to blair and his disciples and given their approval for Iraq, nor should cameron have been allowed his own piece of genocide in Libya (another bloody mess, another land now in the hands of cut-throats to the cost of millions of innocents), thankfully they held him back from attacking Syria previously, though i’m non too sure the puppet May has any more bloody sense than him.

If these attacks go ahead and the Americans (wagging us like a tail) dare attack Russian bases openly or even Syrian bases openly (without fair warning like last year when they put a few pot holes in an airfield :unamused: ), then the response from Russia is going to be shocking and awesome to behold, and when up to half a dozen US shipborne missile platform are sinking the world will finally realise that the Russians (read Chinese and Iranian backed, Turkey could go either way) ain’t some third world dictators toy army that will crumble before the might of the US military.

Anyone seen any evidence yet, apart from some youtube footage shot in some dingy basement, that there was a chemical attack at all, let alone who might be responsible? thought not.

We’d be better of interning half the idiots in parliament, on the justifyable reason for the safety of the nation.

+1

Your quality of posts never disappoint Juddian.

Darkside:
Yes.

The first casualty of war…

dieseldog999:

To kill 17000000 people just because some are not happy about immigration■■? :open_mouth:

Darkside:
Yes.

You’re avin a larf.

It’s a false flag excuse for yet more needless aggro this time trying to replace one of the most moderate and sane Middle East leaders with more Saudi backed nutters let alone also trying to bring down Putin.You know exactly the same nutters who want to impose their extremist savage sharia ideology across the Middle East and Europe.

While if we’re saying that Iran is the real problem not Assad’s Syria then I’d agree.In which case Assad’s idiotic alliance with Iran is no different to our equally idiotic alliance with the Saudi savages and that’s where we need to start negotiations with Assad and Putin in turning our intentions where they are needed in disarming Islamic extremism both Saudi and Iranian.Removing Assad at the risk of kicking off WW3 fixes that how ?.On that note as I said the Israelis and Trump ( if it really is Trump ) have lost the bleedin plot in that regard. :unamused:

Juddian:

+1

Although the US public is rightly just as ■■■■■■ off with Trump’s U turning on the issue.Having voted him in on a pro Assad/Putin ticket.

Having said that we shouldn’t be under any illusions that sooner or later we might have to face up to the Chinese/Russian/North Korean/Iranian/Pakistani axis.But taking ourselves out over stupid Middle Eastern squabbles isn’t the time nor place for it.Nor NATO’s insane policy of sabre rattling on Russia’s borders.Nor let alone when Russia or China obviously don’t even believe that the Brits have an independent nuclear deterrent and laugh at our depleted conventional forces.In which UK/NATO military spending has been sacrificed in the interests of maintaining German living standards.

Reef:

Juddian:

+1

Your quality of posts never disappoint

Very decent of you to say so, i hope i can see things from an alternative view, my own view and not just the versions we’re fed to suit the agenda of the day or the version the regime currently in charge here in the west pushes, it helps (me anyway) if i avoid all of the mainstream media and the idiot box in the corner.

I’m yet to learn exactly why we’re supposed to find Putin so evil, pushing NATO and the US backed EU meddlers interference right up to Russia’s doorstep could only lead to an aggressive defensive position to be adopted by Russia, personally i don’t blame them, whatever else he may be he’s a true patriot, an attribute our leaders might try looking up the meaning of one day :unamused:
If Russia hadn’t moved in to help the sensible (certainly compared to the surrounds) leadership in Syria, i have no doubt that would be just another hell hole being destroyed by endless bands of cut-throats.

In comparison to the behaviour and rhetoric of so many western leaders of late, Putin becomes more statesmanlike with every passing day.

i avoid all of the mainstream media and the idiot box in the corner.

So silly question… (we have different opinions on a lot of things, which I respect you for as you never descend into name calling etc…)

How do you get your news?

Juddian:
I’m yet to learn exactly why we’re supposed to find Putin so evil, pushing NATO and the US backed EU meddlers interference right up to Russia’s doorstep could only lead to an aggressive defensive position to be adopted by Russia, personally i don’t blame them, whatever else he may be he’s a true patriot, an attribute our leaders might try looking up the meaning of one day :unamused:
If Russia hadn’t moved in to help the sensible (certainly compared to the surrounds) leadership in Syria, i have no doubt that would be just another hell hole being destroyed by endless bands of cut-throats.

In comparison to the behaviour and rhetoric of so many western leaders of late, Putin becomes more statesmanlike with every passing day.

I’d certainly rather trust Putin and Assad than the dodgy globalist establishment of treacherous western leaders like May,Macron and whoever is pulling Trump’s strings.In which we’re supposed to believe that Saudi based Wahabbism is a force for good in the region,let alone in Europe,and Assad is bad.

As for Russia it’s always going to be an unstable,mentally traumatised,paranoid state for the foreseeable generations at least until the Soviet era and the ■■■■ invasion of the place are distant history.As for Putin who knows but,like Assad’s weird alliance with Iran,Putin’s Soviet Communist background and all too enthusiastic welcome of China’s ‘support’,doesn’t mean that even with the best will in the world we can trust him and will therefore have to maintain our guard.IE Putin welcoming Communism in the form of China and Islamic revolutionary Iran with open arms isn’t the mark of a true Slavic Nationalist and suggests that Putin is underneath it all still a dodgy Soviet type operator.IE Putin is no Orban.

While we also obviously don’t want to needlessly provoke him with May’s stupid sabre rattling either.Just as Kennedy reached a compromise with Kruschev.

Which raises the question why are the western globalists only specifically picking on Putin,but not the far more dangerous to Western interests Jinping with who it seems it’s business as usual and why would supposedly slavic Nationalist Putin want any alliance with China and Iran and who/what caused Trump’s U turn regarding his election promises in doing something about the West’s corrupt relationship with the Saudi head choppers and stabilising Syria/Russia policy. :confused:

Darkside:

i avoid all of the mainstream media and the idiot box in the corner.

So silly question… (we have different opinions on a lot of things, which I respect you for as you never descend into name calling etc…)

How do you get your news?

It’s not difficult to find off message unbiased current affairs if you want to find it.As opposed to the biased bs corporation propaganda channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=RW4bOC5q_6k

Fair question Darkside.

All sorts of sources, the Tube of You is one such source, but that’s being increasingly censored now so searching things out isn’t quite so easy as it once was, Bitchute and Liveleak can be useful if you find a particular video blogger is having their content removed from google sites.

There are dozens of written and video alternative news sites out there, blogs (some bloggers are brilliant at finding alternative news) can be good.

Its a case of looking around, once you start getting into alternative news it leads to others.

Obviously any and every site or source will have an agenda, whether its the personal politics of the host or which direction the owners lean, but this is no different to the mainstream media nor the state broadcaster, they all have agendas, so you search out various sources and you, or at least i, get a general feeling for what’s happening out there.

Your own politics will lead you towards sources that hold similar views, so it can be interesting to find the opposite end of the spectrum and see what they are saying.

I only subscribe (pay) for one relatively well known source, The Spectator, where a fair cross section of views are aired, i also comment on some sites inc Speccy when i feel the need (no not te bloody daily wail, nor any propaganda source once known as newspapers), and yes some of my comments are filtered out, i make a point of not being obnoxious if i can help it, the views of the independent minded man in the street are being monitored and censored and no doubt the powers that be have lists of those not singing from the hymnsheet of the day, so do take care out there.

Whatever you may think of the man George Galloway on Talk Radio is well worth a listen whether you agree with him or not (he’d probably despise me), on the recent Skripal affair he was at least a week ahead of any other source regarding the way the muck was delivered, and he’s scathing about the current and previous chemical weapons farces in Syria, including he’s as anti the cutthroats militants as anyone could be, ey anyone who knows of Galloway’s history they could never point the racist finger at him.

Go search research and read and keep an open mind, however depending how involved you want to get, a proxy such as Tor might be wise for some sites.

^^^ that’s a good kick off from CF.

and here’s another viewpoint
bitchute.com/video/uL83Q74cOaJG/

bitchute.com/channel/pat-condell/ if you go to Pat Condells page here, he explains how Youtube are censoring him.

milesahead:

dieseldog999:

To kill 17000000 people just because some are not happy about immigration■■? :open_mouth:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
seems reasonable to me…just split the assets between the yanks and putin whilst throwing some scraps the uk way…deal done.

We are demonising Russia and every day the process gets ramped up a bit. The ONLY question we should be asking is why? What is the endgame and who stands to gain what from it? If we answer that we are least part way to understanding the why’s and wherefores of this whole shabby mess.

No Siria’s people need to get a grip and sort it out the same as Africa and any other country.
When the ■■■■ land on our front door we shouldn’t pussyfoot about at that point and give whoever a good slapping.
It’s someone elses fight at the moment not ours.
Cold I know but hell were sinking here.

the maoster:
We are demonising Russia and every day the process gets ramped up a bit. The ONLY question we should be asking is why? What is the endgame and who stands to gain what from it? If we answer that we are least part way to understanding the why’s and wherefores of this whole shabby mess.

And those my fiends are the $64,000 questions, who why what and how much.