Blue Passports

What do people think about the new plan for blue passports?

I think it’s a brilliant illustration of right-wing, free-trade Brexit: they’ve put the contract out to free tender on the world markets, and the French have bid £100m less than the British firm and therefore won the contract! :laughing:

Rjan:
What do people think about the new plan for blue passports?

I think it’s a brilliant illustration of right-wing, free-trade Brexit: they’ve put the contract out to free tender on the world markets, and the French have bid £100m less than the British firm and therefore won the contract! :laughing:

Your vote, your choice…

Don’t complain on here, go burn your MP’s house down…

Why waste money on a colour scheme in the first place. Who cares what colour it is!

Is this supposed to mean current passports that could easily have up to 10/12yrs left suddenly become invalid?

If they must squander dosh then just phase it in like photo card licences

Yet another example of foofed up brexit ■■■!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it’s actually obviously yet another remainer May instigated false flag trick to sabotage Brexit.

You’ve also said yourself that we should never put the National interest over the interests of European workers as a whole because you don’t even recognise National borders anyway.With remainers clearly being happy to support the situation of Brit jobs for foreign workers as part of their agenda.So why are the they suddenly now so keen on supporting the interests of Brit workers in this case.

Oh wait they aren’t.On that note remind us again which side May supported in the referendum and tell us who makes the EU based ‘Brit’ passports ?. :unamused:

According to the reports there will be no requirement to immediately replace your old passport with a new one it will be phased in as old passports need replacing.
Apparently the contract tendering process had to follow EU rules on all government contracts being open to companies in all member states, so maybe the leavers could make the argument that this it what happens when government had to follow EU rules.

However both Germany and France use a national security clause as an opt out and apparently we could have kept the Blue passport under EU rules.

So successive UK governments really only have themselves to blame for many peoples hatred of the EU when they’ve spent years using it as a convenient scapegoat for their own policies and promotion of the free market.

I did read that the French was £50 million cheaper than the uk company…however…i welcome it…and the news that all the security for the passports will still be done in the uk, and no other country will have access, its sad that we cant carry on making them…BUT… £50 mill saving is not to be sniffed at…

muckles:
According to the reports there will be no requirement to immediately replace your old passport with a new one it will be phased in as old passports need replacing.
Apparently the contract tendering process had to follow EU rules on all government contracts being open to companies in all member states, so maybe the leavers could make the argument that this it what happens when government had to follow EU rules.

However both Germany and France use a national security clause as an opt out and apparently we could have kept the Blue passport under EU rules.

So successive UK governments really only have themselves to blame for many peoples hatred of the EU when they’ve spent years using it as a convenient scapegoat for their own policies and promotion of the free market.

‘Leavers’ could actually make the argument that successive UK governments since 1973 have been even more committed to the EU Federal project,at the expense of our own interests,than any other EU state.

It’s all part of the false flag and hypocrisy of remainers saying oh look Brit jobs going to the EU when they actually support that situation as part of their own agenda.

As for remainers like Rjan moaning about Brit jobs going to EU workers,yet again under cutting our own using EU free market rules to do it,while at the same time making the case for the superiority of the EU’s supposedly more worker/union friendly regime,you couldn’t make it up. :unamused:

dcgpx:
Why waste money on a colour scheme in the first place. Who cares what colour it is!

Is this supposed to mean current passports that could easily have up to 10/12yrs left suddenly become invalid?

I doubt you will have 10 or 12 years remaining EVER

The true difference is £120m to replace all UK passports over the course of their 10 year life. It begs the question why is the best price offered by a British company £120m above that of a French/Dutch company. The assumption that the UK government would use a British company regardless of the cost maybe, but have instead chosen the company that offers the best product at the best price.

Wheel Nut:

dcgpx:

I doubt you will have 10 or 12 years remaining EVER

10 or 12 years? Maybe 1 or 2?
Russia vs UK? Better hurry up look whos new in the WhiteHouse. [washingtonpost.com/news/the ... b360509687](https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/23/boltons-views-on-russia-iraq-and-north-korea-contradict-almost-everything-trump-says/?utm_term=.beb360509687) So if we aint quick…
youtube.com/watch?v=lg2CXkJVCHk
youtube.com/watch?v=bISIrij7zAw

Stanley Knife:
The true difference is £120m to replace all UK passports over the course of their 10 year life. It begs the question why is the best price offered by a British company £120m above that of a French/Dutch company. The assumption that the UK government would use a British company regardless of the cost maybe, but have instead chosen the company that offers the best product at the best price.

Could well be that. There’s certainly no suggestion that French workers are on generally poorer pay or conditions than Brits.

Perhaps the owners of De La Rue probably never contemplated that the government would cause themselves so much embarrassment and so inflated their bid, but that still doesn’t say much for British bosses, that they’re ready to ■■■■ the public ■■■■■ because they think the taxpayer will pay a hundred million pounds extra as the price of British pride.

Just goes to show why we need nationalisation for public services, in order to protect people both in their capacity as taxpayers and as workers, and ensure that there is transparency in the management of public funds. As it stands, De La Rue don’t even have to account for why their bid differs so much by revealing corporate documentation and pay rates publicly. It ought to be treated as a public scandal in it’s own right.

If the price being quoted ends up as the actual price I for one will be very suprised.
I have yet to hear of a Government supply contract that gets anywhere near the tender price .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
look who`s new in the WhiteHouse.

An alliance of that zb and May in charge of NATO’s nuclear deterrent and ze Germans in command of the Eastern Front following May’s orders what could possibly go wrong. :laughing:

Seriously it seems obvious that Trump has either lost the plot or he’s in office but not in power. :open_mouth:

The French won’t be able to meet the demand as they will be too busy striking ! I think their airport staff are on strike again today !

MarvinA:
The French won’t be able to meet the demand as they will be too busy striking ! I think their airport staff are on strike again today !

Yep, they know how to stand up for workers’ rights!

Why even bother with passports, would be cheaper to get us all chipped like a dog at the vets. My two dogs cost £15 each. I am sure chipping humans would be very cost effective.

UKtramp:
My two dogs cost £15 each.

It costs me much more that £15 for a dog on a Friday night :blush:

I’m not too sure about the new “Blue” passports

UKtramp:
Why even bother with passports, would be cheaper to get us all chipped like a dog at the vets. My two dogs cost £15 each. I am sure chipping humans would be very cost effective.

worrying remark there ukt,what with the recent get your flu vaccination pronto.Agent provocateur territory.Hasbara perchance? :open_mouth:

manalishi:

UKtramp:

worrying remark there ukt,what with the recent get your flu vaccination pronto.Agent provocateur territory.Hasbara perchance? :open_mouth:

Is that the truth?
UK-T an Agent Provocateur?
Could this be some hidden cam footage of him earlier this year?
youtube.com/watch?v=5Mt5wnN2Vy4

Franglais:

manalishi:

UKtramp:

Is that the truth?
UK-T an Agent Provocateur?
Could this be some hidden cam footage of him earlier this year?
youtube.com/watch?v=5Mt5wnN2Vy4

lol but theres an ocean of info concerning the nasties that go into vacs,mercury for one,possible autism connection.As for micro chipped populace,wouldnt this just be the ptbs ultimate ■■■■■■■■■?