Who on TNUK has had the Covid Jab?

rearaxle:
Look let’s get this right shall we, this government said once we get the frail,vulnerable, old unhealthy people with problems vaccinated we can get back to normal. Why is it then that said people are all JABBED up that we are getting it throw at us for everyone to get jabbed.

If I,as an un vaccinated get covid then surely the old ,frail, said people will not get as ill which they are saying… so us so called healthy un vaccinated people get covid we cope with it and passes by like flu.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Looks to me like at least two different things going on here:

1. You are listening to, and actually believing what the Government are saying?
    It is worth noting that as a stopped clock is right twice a day, so this Gov tells the truth and gets things right sometimes too. Most of the time not, but as no-one is perfect, Johnson is not infallibly always wrong.

ED. Whoops didn`t address other point…updating…

1. Those already vaccinated should have less chance of getting the virus, and should have less grave symptoms if they do get it.
    All good, so far.

One trouble is the virus is mutating. Weve heard of the commonly named Kent variant before, and now the South African and Brazil ones. There are many others but only some make it to the press. The more virus there is out there, the more it will reproduce, and the more variants will arise. The more generations from more of a pool, the greater the numbers of variants. The more variants that exist the greater the chance that one will be resistant to the existing vaccines. And just possibly a more dangerous variant. Not at all sure, but a risk. It seems the thinking is that there is enough of a reservoir of infection that we should continue with social distancing for the time being. The Gov is relaxing things a bit, but not opening everything up yet. It isnt an exact call to make because there are so many unknowns. Maybe they are being too cautious, maybe there will be a new variant soon and another wave. It is a judgement call.
I wish we didnt have a graduate in the classics making these choices, but thats democracy for you. Johnson may have said he is following the science, but he says many things.