Check your Plums regularly

Good news today. Ive had the all clear after 6 years. :smiley: :smiley:

JB:

Excellent news im really pleased for you. A long time to worry 6 years.

Just read this thread.Good news (eventually!) I lost a 'nad years ago. Dunno how, I just did. Was told I’d never have kids etc…YEAH RIGHT! :laughing:
Great news though feller. :sunglasses:

JB:

Such good news Jon :smiley:

I’ve just sat and read this thread from start to finish again and they were such dark times for so many of us back then.

Sadly Steve didn’t make it… :cry:

Ian (Birdie) went back to Addenbrookes too last Monday for his first YEARLY check up! That’s progress because the last time he had Hodgkins 11 years ago he only got to 6 monthly check ups before he got testicular cancer and like you, his was a terratoma.

I remember when you used to email each other when you were both on chemo and suffering the side effects. :wink: How things change and if truth be told I don’t think any of us thought back then that we’d be here posting in 2013, did we?

If this thread gives others hope then it’s certainly worth it and a testament to Trucknet and lorry drivers helping each other out in sooooo many ways.

Pat

Morning Pat. You were both a big help to me at the time for which I’m eternally grateful.
Steve, as you said, unfortunately lost the battle, as did George (funnyfut).
It’s a cruel disease that takes some and not others.
If my posts have helped others who are going through the same that can only be good.
It’s a long road but it’s possible to come out the other side with a smile.
Merry Xmas to you both.

You were just as much help to us too Jon, just having someone else to think about helps.

I’m sure Steve and Funnyfut will be looking down on us from behind the great steering wheel in the sky and I know Steve will be driving across Pamplona Mountain to a bit of Bob Seger :wink: :smiley:

Merry Christmas to you too :laughing:

Pat

It’s nice to see this thread has been brought back and that you are doing just fine. Wishing you all the very, very best.

This video may help

youtube.com/watch?v=ylB0F_nQtR4&sns=em

Rachel Stevens showing us how to check the dangly bits

JB.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything goes well for you.

I’m fine now Tom thanks.
And thanks to everyone else

Being a man i knew something was wrong months ago but thought it might just go away :unamused: …
The result being it didnt…
Docs last week…
Hospital for checks yesterday
confirmed testicular cancer :frowning: .
Im in for the operation on monday to remove one of my closest friends! followed by two weeks off then more checks and possibly chemo. So please please check and if theres anything out of the ordinary GET IT LOOKED AT!
According to statistics theres a 95% recovery rate so fingers crossed ill come back bouncing (albeit veering to the right slightly :laughing: )

:open_mouth: Holy [zb] we’re dropping like flies (excuse the pun) :blush: :blush:

Best of luck with it JB hope all goes well mate. :smiley:

Best of Luck JB

:open_mouth: Oooooooo errrrr, all the best to you Jon. :wink:

Can you get falsies ? :laughing:

best of luck JB hope all goes well for you… :wink:

DAFMAD:
:shock: Oooooooo errrrr, all the best to you Jon. :wink:

i’m going to ask for one of those ‘special vibrating eggs’. Whadya reckon? Hahaha :laughing: :arrow_right: :bulb: . Fingers crossed eh.

Mate I’ve only recently started reading this part of the forum since I posted on me DVT, and I’m depressed already ! :confused:

Seriously though, I hope it all ends well for you.

Take care,

Mike.

JB:

DAFMAD:
:shock: Oooooooo errrrr, all the best to you Jon. :wink:

i’m going to ask for one of those ‘special vibrating eggs’. Whadya reckon? Hahaha :laughing: :arrow_right: :bulb: . Fingers crossed eh.

is that what you call a handsfree outfit :wink: :question:

The best of luck JB

JB:

There may be a slight problem replacing the battery(ies?).

Don,t worry mate as my cousin had the same problem some years ago and had one removed and he is fine now and also has two healthy sons ! :unamused: :unamused: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

All the best for monday for the op.

Think positive as your gonna beat it and just make sure you check whats left of the tackle regularly so you will be ok. :blush: :blush:

Best of luck mate - hope it all goes OK