Check your Plums regularly

Good luck for monday hope it goes well

Best of luck for Monday Jon. and a speedy recovery.

Bad news JB. You need balls to do this job :wink:

Hope all is well after the op.

Malc

Id just like to say thanks for all the messages of goodwill. Ive tried to keep a positive outlook on it-there`s a lot worse forms of cancer out there. You have to see the lighter side of life i find.
Once again a heartfelt thank you
(and the p.m was very helpful-you know who you are :wink: )

sorry jb i’ve just read this one, if you get half the care i’ve had here at peterborough district you’re half way there
good luck with it mate, you’ll be ok
it certainly makes those carefree easy nights in carisio seem a long way away now.

home again. A bit lighter and a lot sore’r. Weak as a kitten and doped up to the eyeballs. But home where i belong.

good for you, get plenty of rest and let the healing proccess do its best

how’s it going jb, hope you’re keeping your chin up, (I almost sent the usual greeting there but realised before I posted)
hope you’re healing ok and have got your head around it all

lo steve. Ive been feeling a bit out of it mate to be honest. Ive come off the co-codamol pain killers because they were giving me constipation and sending me to another planet :laughing: . Swapped over to high doseage paracetomol and ibuprofen… Anyway all this is petty compared with your problems… How are you coping? Just keep the memories of the good nights and weekends in various countries eh?
All the best steve and keep posting mate.

JB, Biggus, best of future health to both of you, a bit of time off work to get it all sorted will be worth it in the long run.

Was in hospital last week having a kidney out, home now a hell of a lot sorer…but happy it’s gone.
Looks like a support group is forming here :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

i reckon that puts you two in the lead now, thats major when they take stuff away, at least mine basically is purifying my blood.
chemo isn’t nice, i’ve never felt so weak and drained in all my life, but its bearable
to be honest its the isolation i hate
i’m now nutropenic which means i’ve got no immunity against anything until my treatment is over because the chemo kills all the good blood as well as the bad so i’ve been in a room on my own the whole two weeks.
but i’ve got a good imagination and in the last two weeks i’ve played on the park i played on as a child, i’ve had a night in carisio, i’ve been up to orte, i’ve been to harry’s in athens, victors at burgos, freds at coslada etc, etc,
they’ve let me come home for three weeks until my next chemo starts and to be honest i’m kind of scared now for the 1st time.
in the hospital they watch every visitor coming on the ward making sure they wash their hands on the way in, and if a visitor as much as sniffs on the way in they kick them out, no exceptions.
now i’m at home i’m at the mercy of whoever enters the house, i have to monitor my temp five times a day, if it gets to 38 i’ve got to go back to hospital, if i feel ill ive got to go back in immediately, i’ve got a three hour window to be back on antibiotics, if i get it wrong and i’m too late it could be my last mistake
i suppose its just the unknown thats getting to me, a bit like when you 1st got in a wagon, the 1st time on a twin split, it’s the can i, can’t i do it kind of thing.
i know one thing though, when my daughter was born in 1982 i asked for 25 years to watch my kids grow up, i’ve had that but 2 years ago i asked for another 25 to watch my grandkids grow up, this leukemia is going to have to be bloody good to stop me having that 2nd 25 years, or at least a good chunk of it

well here i am back in hospital :frowning:
infected wound and bleeding (and scared to behonest)
not one of my better days.
it helps having you pairto talk to

Hey up Jon, you’ll soon be out again with more pills. :wink:

:open_mouth: Jeez JB the doc said no playing with em yet FFS :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing unusual matey. Last time I was in hossy I ended up back in for the same reason :unamused:

:open_mouth: Are you going for full company colours Red and Green :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

more black than red and green mate. :open_mouth: i’ve had my nads out more times this past few days that i just dont care anymore…can we have a look pls jon? “yeah fill your boots”!! :laughing: :laughing: . :laughing:

JB:
more black than red and green mate. :open_mouth: i’ve had my nads out more times this past few days that i just dont care anymore…can we have a look pls jon? “yeah fill your boots”[/b]!! :laughing: :laughing: . :laughing:
[/quote]
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Is that boasting or swelling then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JB:
i’ve had my nads out more times this past few days that i just dont care anymore…

Just to be pedantic should that not be nad rather than nads? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

sorry jb,
i’m gonna have to match you on this one, it seems my counts weren’t quite high enough so i’m back on the ward at 9 in the morning for a blood transfusion and platelets.
its gonna be funny in the morning when my boy takes me in, checking he’s not sniffing, make sure his oppo at work (they work away all week) hasn’t been sniffing in the car all week.
can’t get a taxi cos i don’t know who’s been in it before me, ambulance not suitable for the same reason
but they won’t let me use my own car :unamused:

hows it going jb and kev,
hope you’re a bit more comfortable and back home jb

im still in hospital mate. every time i get up to move i start leaking! trying my damnest to stay happy positive jon but im struggling today