hanging on

Hi lads dont know if this right place to post this but here goes . Coming to end of 12 year rship and finding it hard partner currently with young army cadets away most weekends and away from now for a week even though its my bday on sunday. When i say something im allbad buggers we never even go shopping together now and even sleep in seperate beds. But when she has had a drink its totally different have also seen rather suggestive messages on fbook from some ■■■■■■■■ young squaddie asking to you know what although she just sent message back telling him to behave but when i sent him a message telling him he could have my fist sitting on his face she messaged him straight away apologising . Then to top it all off me and her daughter (my step daughter) find a local hotel booking for 1 night last year for 2 when she was supposed to be away for weekend. Im a tramper so away mostly all week but still care for her youngest laddie whos 15 and enjoy spending time with him. I know lads are going to say grow a pair and walk away but ive havent really got anywhere to go as give my house up to live with her (idiot). So any help advice lads would be very welcome some banter ok but nothing to harsh please.

bin her mate and move on.at least you’ve a roof over your head most of the week.ask your gaffer if you can buy a cheap caravan and keep it in the haulage yard,i know 2 drivers who are doing that.good luck anyway :slight_smile:

Feel for ya . chin up and move on

Yep. Goodbye time.

Its gonna be tough but are you wanting to live your life like that, always wondering and on edge worrying what she is up to? :wink:

Move on to someone who respects you and you trust :wink:

Drift:
Its gonna be tough but are you wanting to live your life like that, always wondering and on edge worrying what she is up to? :wink:

Move on to someone who respects you and you trust :wink:

and don’t give up your house next time ffs!

Im already spoken for Drift.

eagerbeaver:
Im already spoken for Drift.

I feel a bit ill now :laughing: :laughing:

iv been there m8 walk now weekends get on booking ,com for cheap hotel why u looking for little flat its worth it and enjoy your freedom m8 u will get over it i promise ya that and not spend sleepless nights thinking what shes upto there aint one of em worth it and u also then have chance meeting someone of good character gd luck m8 :smiley:

Thanks lads kinda knew id get that sort of answer ( most helpful off all of you ) trying to sort something out asap. Think maybe go over weekend or is that maybe a cowards way any ideas ■■?

anders66:
Thanks lads kinda knew id get that sort of answer ( most helpful off all of you ) trying to sort something out asap. Think maybe go over weekend or is that maybe a cowards way any ideas ■■?

Cut it clean mate, you will just be hanging out the pain for yourself.

May as well go out in style.

Get a picture of her Mum,and time it so that when she comes in the room,you are sat there with your trollies round your ankles ripping the head off it whilst holding the picture with your other hand right up to your face.

well done m8 cut it clean no excuses from her no oh i luv ya no emotional blackmail no bull…t you will feel a man again :smiley:

Plenty of macho reponses.
did the hotel booking get used, was it for her and a boyfriend?
did she book it as a surprise pressie for you and things got in the way.
before walking see if you can find out the facts.
or thats what I would do
However if you no longer care for her…, just go.
rough on the kids though

Cheers lads thanks for replies i know we are men and should be dealing with these things but it is bloody tough i can tell you. I know she will struggle without me for some things and defo miss my money but not staying just for that . Just really feel for her laddie as know he will be dumped anywhere while she away at weekends poor kid . Like i said thanks for advice and help its nice when your sitting on your jack and people you dont even know come up with most helpful comments . Once again guys thanks from the heart and stay safe all of you .

eagerbeaver:
May as well go out in style.

Get a picture of her Mum,and time it so that when she comes in the room,you are sat there with your trollies round your ankles ripping the head off it whilst holding the picture with your other hand right up to your face.

:open_mouth:

del949:
Plenty of macho reponses.
did the hotel booking get used, was it for her and a boyfriend?
did she book it as a surprise pressie for you and things got in the way.
before walking see if you can find out the facts.
or thats what I would do
However if you no longer care for her…, just go.
rough on the kids though

Del mate of course i checked all of this even had confirmation email asking if she had enjoyed stay

Kids are tougher than you think, back in 1973 I was 8 years old and my mam left my dad with me and my younger brother, we never saw her for years but I always remember even as a kid thinking it was the best thing that happened as all the fighting and arguments stopped. I was not a picnic but it was a hell of a lot calmer.

I have since seen the scenario played out many times with friends and relatives.

Move on. Keep positive though.
Is there any way you can still spend time with the boy though? I suppose it might complicate things though…

I got dumped after 20 years of marriage and thought my life was over. Then I met a lovely girl 20 yrs younger than me, we got married, had a son and I have never been happier!

However bad things look now we always just look back on them as experience when the good times come around again, as they surely will for you.

Keep positive.

Cheers drift i too had similar mate and cheekymonkey thanks just going to try and keep focused and move on. Sis just been on phone and invited me for dinner on sun so my bday wont be that bad lol. Onwards and upwards as they say