Zoe ball \ chris evans

Time was…

The radio show host would introduce a record, play it, back announce it and repeat that format for the whole show.

‘Good morning, the time is 8.21 this is Down ■■■■■■■■■■■ Way by the Warminster NCP car park band’

You’d listen the record and then listen to another. It was a really good system. Now I have to put up with tedious ‘celebrities’ who just can’t stop talking becuase of the deep love affair they have with their own voice and ego. I have to endure more celebrities coming on to promote their new book or film also trying to ‘out lovey’ the next lovey.

Everyone is ‘fantastic’, everything is ‘fantastic’ and no one is a baddy at all. They thought that about Jimmy Saville.

I drive in silence a great deal now. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

biggriffin:
It’s a noise in the background, going on and on, just ignore it, same as you do when you get home.

^^^^^^^^^
+1
there just the same for me.total PITA…use the off button and the irritation fades.
if i wanted to listen to some wifey yakking on about womens issues and fannypads,id watch loose women in colour .
a male dj is the kind of guy that you slapped around in school and who couldnt get a bird,so they become djs and instantly think someone is interested in their pishy pathetic life. the women djs are just brain numbimg mindless yakkk.

I’m the same, can feel the irritation going as soon as I turn it off.

I’ve tried a couple of times this week to listen to her, far too early in the morning for listening to her screech about “superheroes”. Managed 5 minutes before it got f[zb]ed off.

Every radio station seems to be pish now, I just use Deezer most of the time.

surely theres a DJ out there with an engaging interesting personality. Zoe Ball has a look about her of a transvestite to be avoided

yourhavingalarf:
Time was…

The radio show host would introduce a record, play it, back announce it and repeat that format for the whole show.

‘Good morning, the time is 8.21 this is Down ■■■■■■■■■■■ Way by the Warminster NCP car park band’

You’d listen the record and then listen to another. It was a really good system. Now I have to put up with tedious ‘celebrities’ who just can’t stop talking becuase of the deep love affair they have with their own voice and ego. I have to endure more celebrities coming on to promote their new book or film also trying to ‘out lovey’ the next lovey.

Everyone is ‘fantastic’, everything is ‘fantastic’ and no one is a baddy at all. They thought that about Jimmy Saville.

I drive in silence a great deal now. :unamused:

You’ve eloquently put into words my exact feelings.
I too drive in silence a lot of the time or listen to Apple Music.

corij:
surely theres a DJ out there with an engaging interesting personality. Zoe Ball has a look about her of a transvestite to be avoided

She’s on the radio so does it matter what she looks like ■■

raymundo:

corij:

She’s on the radio so does it matter what she looks like ■■

seems theres a real rash of “transvestite types” on tv/radio these days. They are Alpha male pushy , the big wide shoulders are the classic giveaway ,have nothing feminine in their chat . Only once did i get involved personally with a woman with a mans torso,i found looking at the wide shoulders really offputting in bed

Roll on Monday

She’s an attractive bird but I just can’t be doing with shouty gushing at that time of day. Hence I always listen to Radio 4 until 0930 rather than Feltz/Ball.
If there was a Utopia we’d have The Dark Lord from 0200 till 0500, Sarah Kennedy till 0630, Wogan till Ken o’clock, the JY Prog (or Vanessa who is better suited to the lunchtime slot - or ANYBODY except Viney), till 1400 when The Archers comes on (Steve Wright should pack it in, stopped being funny a long time ago). I’m usually done by 1500 so not too fussed about missing La Cox with her dopey accent and impression that she’s funny. Otherwise, carry a stock of CDs.

the maoster:

blue estate:
The wrong person is on drive time [emoji6]she should be on breakfast
Foxy Coxy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Job swap seems in order.

Yep-I really wanted Sara cox to get the breakfast show

Erm, anyone know where I can get a DAB radio 12volter or even batry powered?

First three days were okay-ish, but PLEASE, spare me the noise of kids trying to sing! Anything, though, would be an improvement on Evans.

After that, I too started wishing that Sarah Cox had got the breakfast gig. Trouble with Zoe Ball is she doesn’t know when to shut up.

After that, I too started wishing that Sarah Cox had got the breakfast gig. Trouble with Zoe Ball is she doesn’t know when to shut up.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
trouble with all dj`s is that none of them know when to shut up.

Roop298:
Erm, anyone know where I can get a DAB radio 12volter or even batry powered?

Here you go .Don’t ask me if it any good.

ebay.co.uk/i/112636607277?chn=ps

Also you can get th.em in halfords

dieseldog999:

biggriffin:
It’s a noise in the background, going on and on, just ignore it, same as you do when you get home.

^^^^^^^^^
+1
there just the same for me.total PITA…use the off button and the irritation fades.
if i wanted to listen to some wifey yakking on about womens issues and fannypads,id watch loose women in colour .
a male dj is the kind of guy that you slapped around in school and who couldnt get a bird,so they become djs and instantly think someone is interested in their pishy pathetic life. the women djs are just brain numbimg mindless yakkk.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve recently discovered the joys of DAB, and despite having zero interest in football, I’m enjoying having Talk Sport waffling away in the background. There’s only so much music I can listen to, and I do have giggle at disgusted of Daventry ranting about “us” needing a new left-winger or how Mecandinsovich has no “engine”. Listening to these bods makes the day go by a bit easier :smiley:

The VAR controversy has good mileage too, mendokiasti’s left earlobe was offside (what ever that means) so we was robbed. Sad faces and embittered dullards all round, what’s not to like? I can listen to this pish for hours!

I gave Zoe a day or 2 buts its not for me, downloaded the Virgin app on my phone so its back to old ginger ■■■■■■■■ for me

I see that the Ginger ■■■■■■ is now doing a breakfast show on Virgin. :unamused:

Jeez, keep up at the back :smiley:

Ball lasted 8 minutes with me on her first day. (I knew I was too good for her… :laughing: )

Managed to stream Evans this morning, onto the in cab radio, and while I like his show, I agree about the kids bit, and his show is more full of it on Virgin, than it was on R2.

It does have one consolation though, and that is Rachel Horne, the Irish bird he has on with him. Sounds very much like my Sister in law who lives in Newtonabbey…Drool.

Ken.

Well I now know Virgin Radio is not sponsored by Bose, but for those that missed it I can tell you it is sponsored by SKY…

dave docwra:
Well I now know Virgin Radio is not sponsored by Bose, but for those that missed it I can tell you it is sponsored by SKY…

Wonder who pulled of that sponsorship.

Virgin radio which im.guessing is part of virgin media.
Advertising there rivals for tv broadband etc.
Can’t work out if it’s genius taking money off your rivals.
Or suicidal losing your pay tv customers to sky.