Yuill and Dodds

foden

foden

I would think that Merc grill must be the ugliest out there at the moment and that paint job seems to emphasise it. Looks like rows of teeth. Eddie.

rward:
i dont forget these lot in miners strike

Me neither, I remember them coming up the M6 in packs with mesh over the windscreens during the miners strike. I’ve personally never run through a picket line during my entire driving career, this includes the Scottish driver’s strike in about 1973. Yuill and Dodds. If they were on fire,I wouldn’t… Well we all know what I wouldn’t do.

Eddie Heaton:

rward:
i dont forget these lot in miners strike

Me neither, I remember them coming up the M6 in packs with mesh over the windscreens during the miners strike. I’ve personally never run through a picket line during my entire driving career, this includes the Scottish driver’s strike in about 1973. Yuill and Dodds. If they were on fire,I wouldn’t… Well we all know what I wouldn’t do.

Ah, Eddie,

I remember the Scottish drivers strike! I was on an A road - maybe the A 702 to Edinburgh, when a group of Scots drivers stood out in front of me. I think I had a Pritchetts trailer on. I could either stop or run them over. I stopped!

One of the lads jumped up on the step and hung on the mirror and started to harangue me. His argument was that I was stealing their back Loads!

I just kept gently moving forward in first gear and he realised we were long past his chums. He eventually just jumped off, shouting at me as I kept going.

Frightening at the time!

John

Hi John. I’ve got a photo of myself in a Pritchett’s rig parked up by the Clyde at Greenock. I’d refused to run through the picket line at Tennants brewery and was awaiting instructions from Ashton. Some burly fellows of the flying picket brigade (Glasgow chapter) had paid me a threatening visit (there’s no other way to describe it unfortunately) a few minutes previously. The photo was taken on a Kodak instamatic by my then girlfriend , later to become my wife and later still my ex- wife. I’ll gladly e-mail it to you with your permission. Regards. Eddie.

Eddie Heaton:
Hi John. I’ve got a photo of myself in a Pritchett’s rig parked up by the Clyde at Greenock. I’d refused to run through the picket line at Tennants brewery and was awaiting instructions from Ashton. Some burly fellows of the flying picket brigade (Glasgow chapter) had paid me a threatening visit (there’s no other way to describe it unfortunately) a few minutes previously. The photo was taken on a Kodak instamatic by my then girlfriend , later to become my wife and later still my ex- wife. I’ll gladly e-mail it to you with your permission. Regards. Eddie.

Hi Eddie,

Yes I’d love to see that and any other photos you have from those times. Oh for the ease of taking pictures that we have now, just on a phone! johnantonywest@gmail.com

Some of those Scots were real bruisers! Yet on a personal level usually great guys.

Girlfriend/wife/ex-wife! I can see why you’re still working!

John

]Lymm Truckstop - 07.10.15.:

pete 359:

Taken from the back of a Polis motor. Thatchers private army protecting thatchers private Scabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

so was my old boss, the stories he told about it were interesting :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

Ex plod ?

ModDosser:

pete 359:

Taken from the back of a Polis motor. Thatchers private army protecting thatchers private Scabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your views on Arthur Scargill?
He seemed to do alright for himself….

Their new livery is a giant letter Z, as if they were on the way to invade Donbas :wink:

I’ve noticed a number of Brian & Ayrlie Yuill lorries about.Is the Yuill & Dodds name slowly disappearing?. cheers Ray