Yuill and Dodds

Muckaway:

Dave the Renegade:

Muckaway:
What did they do in the miners’ strike then? Can’t imagine it was no worse than other hauliers?

Rowly comes from the Welsh valleys Nathan.The miners were well and truly shafted by a lot of people in that strike.
This is one reason Nathan,and I’m not taking sides.

During the miners’ strike, 70 per cent of the weekly coal delivery to power stations was by road. More than 10,000 vehicles were used.

Since the strike, the figure has stayed at about 30 per cent.

Before the miners’ strike only 18 per cent of coal deliveries reached power stations by road.

I thought that, Dave; Dad ran coal during the winter (must’ve been '82/83 as Dad had his X reg Constructor) and my sister was a baby. It did our family a favour as there wasn’t much work about so short time was on the cards.

A lot of tipper operators from this area got on it Nathan.A lot of people made a lot of money out of it.
It was in the 1980.s a few years after the earlier strikes of the winter of discontent in 78/79 when the lorry drivers were on strike along with the miners.

nathan the reason i remember these lot coz when the strike was on they used to park in earlstown on a monday night and you could here them laughing at the welsh miners being on strike and skint untill my real good friend from porth in the rhonda went nuts on them for laughing at themend of brian king was right nut also ihate a local police inspecter retired now when years later he was telling my mate a traffic cop how he was up england in the strikes and they used to photocopy one pound notes and rip them up in front of the english boys on strike to rile them there thats my gripe wat a way to treat another working man ps that ■■■■ of a cop hates the sight of me ah ah regards rowland

Yea I remember the police protected convoys on the M8 with their caged in windscreens,I heard they liked to employ braindead drivers then,you would,nt think they would need them now,but as I said in a previous post maybe that’s all will go there.
I did,nt realise they took the p**s out of the miners who were fighting for their livelihoods,I would like to think some of the lads got to a few of them and wiped the grin off their faces.

I think the Y&D lot are the ones laughed at now then; Charging about like lunatics for less than someone doing 40mph for Tescos.

i was a mechanic with y@d during coal strike (does that make me a scab?) never ever heard of money bein photocopied sounds like a load of s*** to me live n let live i say

you never read the article right i said a copper in my town don the photocopying bit its easy to say live and let live until you see wat they went through

sorry i miss understood ya my wifes dad was a miner so i know what it was like a bit cheers mate

bill m ex y@d:
sorry i miss understood ya my wifes dad was a miner so i know what it was like a bit cheers mate

So why do they charge about like lunatics?

no props mate all the best

muckaway i aint got a clue i only patched them up !!! too old now to give a s*** would not know anyone there now (bloomin foreigners) been nearly 30 years

found this pic in a scania brochure

too new for me hodgeturbo when i was there it was a fleet of f86 8leggers n scania 111 units volvos were great wee wagons to work on then time of strike mainly all man s

goin over the “barley geech” before they got told to stop going that way (villages) and go mainly by motorway

hi pete 359… was up there one night top of hill helping to shovel coal off road when one went over on side cant remember why (probably bad drivin)

after what they did during the miners strike, you won’t see many in fife, at least without the mesh over the windows, ■■■■■ scabs :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Muckaway they were payed by the load a while back, and the way they drive yet I would think it’s still the same,there’sY&D,Andersons,
French,and variouse smaller outfits heading in and out of Scottish Coals KILLOCH plant it’s like the wacky races. Eddie.

midnightmerc:
after what they did during the miners strike, you won’t see many in fife, at least without the mesh over the windows, ■■■■■ scabs :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Take it thats why all their motors running out of the new bridge works are plastered with so much muck you can barely make out that their Y&D, the motors on the Edinburgh side do seem a bit cleaner lol

scania

MAN

Why did they block up their windscreens with bunting?