Younger drivers

AndrewG:

James96:
I’m 19 years old and been driving trucks for almost a year now and I don’t use my phone I have hands free I earn amazing money and drive well and I tramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

…but…do you ■■■■ the boss off under his desk…?

Definitely not

James96:

AndrewG:

James96:
I’m 19 years old and been driving trucks for almost a year now and I don’t use my phone I have hands free I earn amazing money and drive well and I tramp

…but…do you ■■■■ the boss off under his desk…?

Definitely not

I think you just failed the interview…

I must admit, I’ve done that. Pulled into many an MSA with Slayer or some other loud band blasting out. Got a lot of funny looks from people. Its also fun to drive through crowded town centres with this on.

James96:

According to your previous posts you earn £7.50 an hour?

harrawaffa:

James96:

For a 19yo, living with Mum and paying nothing for room and board, and getting his washing done, £7.50 x 60 is amazing money.

Santa:

harrawaffa:

James96:

For a 19yo, living with Mum and paying nothing for room and board, and getting his washing done, £7.50 x 60 is amazing money.

I’ve heard it ll now, Please someone educate this lad.
This is exactly why the pay rates are so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea my rate is £7.50 but That’s not what I get paid I don’t know why it’s that but I’m paid per load so can have good days and bad days last week I had a few bad days and still took £500 for the week and the most I have had is £800 for the week and holiday pay is paid on a average of what I earn and when I got the job I was told 35k a year plus

James96:
Yea my rate is £7.50 but That’s not what I get paid I don’t know why it’s that but I’m paid per load so can have good days and bad days last week I had a few bad days and still took £500 for the week and the most I have had is £800 for the week and holiday pay is paid on a average of what I earn and when I got the job I was told 35k a year plus

So if your paid by the load basically your boss is encouraging you to chase about to get more loads in.

Thought this kind of thing was stopped years ago, Roll on retirement the job is definitely finished.

beetee07:

James96:

So if your paid by the load basically your boss is encouraging you to chase about to get more loads in.

Thought this kind of thing was stopped years ago, Roll on retirement the job is definitely finished.

No the management don’t bother me when I finish the work and I have enough time to do some more I phone them and If you done ■■■■ all they don’t care

That’s nothing to do with young drivers. You’re just blaming young drivers because that idiot happened to be young. I’ve watched people phones up on the steering wheel, people driving with laptop on the dash, people taking a ■■■■■ up the tyres and people running their engine for ages around others trying to sleep and also people playing loud music, but one of the last things that could be attributed to these cretins are that they are young!

James96:

Then I suggest you use some of that money is spent on grammar lessons. Over 70 words without a comma or a full stop.

the nodding donkey:

andy_s:
Talking of music, anyone else find their taste has changed/ expanded over the years? Used to be fan of loud rock and dance years ago, but much prefer more mellow stuff these days when driving and also when I’m night trunking, just general conversations the presenter has with guests on their show or callers. Can’t be doing with loud music at 3 in the morning anymore.

Absolutely not. I liked loud music when I was young, and like it still. I have found other music over the years (Google mongolian throath singing…) that I equally like, but my taste has not changed.

Nothing better than an empty road at night, and Rammstein at full blast…

Buck Dich…

spoken like a man unaquainted with the true masters of hard but classy rock,the mighty VAN HALEN…nothing comes close.

I do have to smile, old drivers wander why young people don’t want to come in to this industry all they have to do is look at this thread. We got a 19 year old lad getting stuck in and having a good crack at the job and he’s getting slated for hauliers paying crap wages and long hours. Heaven forbid anyone should show any enthusiasm for work or enjoyment for what they do!
I’m 35 been driving for 15 years still the youngest st my firm by 10 years so still treated like a pup which makes me laugh because I work with a good bunch a couple of which are well into there seventies.

nogo:
I do have to smile, old drivers wander why young people don’t want to come in to this industry all they have to do is look at this thread. We got a 19 year old lad getting stuck in and having a good crack at the job and he’s getting slated for hauliers paying crap wages and long hours. Heaven forbid anyone should show any enthusiasm for work or enjoyment for what they do!
I’m 35 been driving for 15 years still the youngest st my firm by 10 years so still treated like a pup which makes me laugh because I work with a good bunch a couple of which are well into there seventies.

You are right about old drivers having a wander mate. Juddian seems to wander into bingo halls from what I’ve heard.

I still listen to a lot of music at full volume, and much as I wish I was I couldn’t be considered a younger driver!

mac12:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Was parked in a small truck stop on Wednesday night. About 18.30, a truck pulled in and parked. Not a problem. Unfortunately the driver was about 18/19 years old. The problem was that the radio, as most young kids do, was at MAX sound level. :imp: Just saying. :smiley:

You could have turned into your dad, happened to me years ago.

In contrast I get loads of new music tips off my Dad! He has a great up to date taste in music.

I’m a young mid (ish) thirties. I turn up the shipping forecast really loud with my windows down and start bonce banging in truck stops.

Then I look forward to the shrivelled old conckers posting about the latest odd rap crap people listen to. I like to chuck them these ■■■ bits so they have some fuel to burn in their whinging stoves.

beetee07:

James96:

I sub so obviously paid per load but so do all the employed drivers at our place. Earnings are top notch as well as the trucks which are all top end Volvo and Scania big power units, theres never complaints :smiley: PPL is the way, drivers dont sit around on their arse or drag the job out like drivers will if paid per hour. No driver is taken advantage of, you can go as fast or slow as you like, theres even a no damage bonus paid each month. Its the best place ive ever worked for. Many see PPL in a negative way but here at least it works extremely well…

Radar19:
I must admit, I’ve done that. Pulled into many an MSA with Slayer or some other loud band blasting out. Got a lot of funny looks from people. Its also fun to drive through crowded town centres with this on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0

I get the same effect when i play Primo Victoria by Sabaton in the car when leaving the yard! Tend to listen to softer stuff in the truck.

It is an offence ! if the police are within its vicinity…BUT…each to their own i suppose, more power these days than the old 8 track machines…ha ha