You must drive with the hazradrs on in our yard

It always amazes me how some only see things from their own point of view and don’t seem to realise that by using lights (hazards) when they are not supposed to can cause other problems.
It just doesn’t enter their minds as they are adamant they are doing something that is safer in their own mind. :unamused:

Some drivers make their own rules. :wink:

cgscott:
Press the wee triangle button on your dash. It takes about 0.5 seconds to do. Hardly the end of the world is it?

The constant ticking sound is annoying. Especially when they make you wait for 20-30 mins before you can do what you came to do.

manski:
This started to be a site rule on many events and showground sites a few years back. Completely stupid as nobody then knows which way a vehicle is wanting to turn, so there a was a big campaign by marquee and other contractors against it and In general it has now been abandoned in that industry.

i was told ‘‘hazards on’’ at a vintage event i was attending.yeah,lot’s of vintage motors have hazard lights :unamused:

If the idiots on site can’t see a bloody big vehicle with a loud engine moving around, what chance have they got of seeing same vehicle with 4 little flashing lights.

Same with high viz vest, I once got a bollokin on Portsmouth dock for not wearing one, The guy from the weighbridge walked about 100 metre’s to tell me I must wear one, When I questioned as to why, He explained it is so I could be seen. I said you saw me without one from your office without one, He didn’t get the humour.

At most sites years ago it was use hazards when you about to reverse, which usually works well but now its use them while you are moving on site which I think is pointless. But with huge fines if someone gets hurt you can understand why the companies go overboard with health and safety

every driver has to get shafted with countless h&s meaningless rules every minute of every working day,so whats the problem putting your hazards on going into a site that has rules that require them.
its totally pointless and useless but if thats the rules,then obey or dont go in.
if your doing some dodgy reversing on the public road,broken down,stopped at a country set of traffic lights over the brow of a hill or on a bend or after you have just avoided ramming someone up the jacksie coming to a crash stop on the motorway because there was a good film on netflix then its sensible to use them as they draw someones attention if only for the " whats he got those hazards on for??) and hopefully they are lifting the toe off the go pedal momentary till they assess the situation .
using them on site is a pain in the ■■■■,but so is wearing hard hats,goggles,and most of the rest of the h&s guff.

elsa Lad:
At most sites years ago it was use hazards when you about to reverse, which usually works well but now its use them while you are moving on site which I think is pointless. But with huge fines if someone gets hurt you can understand why the companies go overboard with health and safety

I agree H&S has gone way overboard on some things but anyone that can’t see a big lorry unless it has hazard warning lights on needs to have their eyes tested.
If drivers followed the HC instead of making up their own rules there would be less confusion.

I still think it is a lot to do with the fascination of lights that Brits seem to have! I have these lights so I must use them regardless.

Especially flashing ones. The ones that make you feel important. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No worries

Ferry staff often tell you to put Hazard Warning Lights on when you board a ferry, not enough the ■■■■■■■ big orange board and placards to show them.

Wheel Nut:
Ferry staff often tell you to put Hazard Warning Lights on when you board a ferry, not enough the [zb] big orange board and placards to show them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
going on a ferry in a car if your wanting them to know your disabled,then they usually put you on first and tell you to have your hazards on going onto the boat so the deck crew can park you somewhere handy for the lift.

please be aware…if you do this,its always best not to jump out and run up the stairs… :wink:

dieseldog999:

Wheel Nut:
Ferry staff often tell you to put Hazard Warning Lights on when you board a ferry, not enough the [zb] big orange board and placards to show them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
going on a ferry in a car if your wanting them to know your disabled,then they usually put you on first and tell you to have your hazards on going onto the boat so the deck crew can park you somewhere handy for the lift.

please be aware…if you do this,its always best not to jump out and run up the stairs… :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sploom:
We go this warehouse and we have to drive rou d with the hazards on all the time, which I think is stupid, but in any case, how’s someone going to know if I want to reverse? Is it even legal, because you are breaking the highway code

How about the reverse lights and reverse warning beeper?

What the hell has the highway code got to do with anything, you’re not driving on the public highway.

the maoster:
They get around the Highway Code gubbins by stating that it’s private land that the public do not have access to so HC guidelines are not applicable.

The Highway Code is just a guideline as you said, IT IS NOT THE LAW. The Road Traffic Act is a law, the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions Act is a law, the Vehicle Construction and Use Act is a law. The Highway Code is a GUIDE to best practice and carries as much legal weight as 99% of what you hear in a RDC waiting room.

Sploom:
We go this warehouse and we have to drive rou d with the hazards on all the time

Oh god, that’s gonna excite all the V8 lads and their shunter-mode flashing grill lights and top beacons. I see at least 2 a week riding round the RDC’s (bonus points for blipping throttles between gear changes too).

Conor:

Sploom:
We go this warehouse and we have to drive rou d with the hazards on all the time, which I think is stupid, but in any case, how’s someone going to know if I want to reverse? Is it even legal, because you are breaking the highway code

How about the reverse lights and reverse warning beeper?

What the hell has the highway code got to do with anything, you’re not driving on the public highway.

I was going to point that out then thought it’s not actually law to have reverse lights or warning beeper so if you discover they aren’t working can you defect it. The other day I was in a strange truck the reversing beeper was so quiet I actually got out to look for the lorry that was reversing as I couldn’t see any other lorry in my mirrors. took me a good 10 seconds to realise it was mine. :laughing:

Conor:

the maoster:
They get around the Highway Code gubbins by stating that it’s private land that the public do not have access to so HC guidelines are not applicable.

The Highway Code is just a guideline as you said, IT IS NOT THE LAW. The Road Traffic Act is a law, the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions Act is a law, the Vehicle Construction and Use Act is a law. The Highway Code is a GUIDE to best practice and carries as much legal weight as 99% of what you hear in a RDC waiting room.

Forget the Highway Code for once and use a little common sense. Driving round a yard with hazards on is plain stupid and can cause confusion.Anyone who can’t see a lorry without hazards has other problems. Stick to using hazards when you are meant to use hazards and life becomes mush simpler.

Idiots making their own rules :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Forget the Highway Code for once and use a little common sense. Driving round a yard with hazards on is plain stupid and can cause confusion.Anyone who can’t see a lorry without hazards has other problems. Stick to using hazards when you are meant to use hazards and life becomes mush simpler.

It appears that we share some common ground Jake. We should go out to dinner sometime! :wink:

jakethesnake:
Anyone who can’t see a lorry without hazards has other problems.

+1

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

It appears that we share some common ground Jake. We should go out to dinner sometime! :wink:

Of course. I am sure we do compared to some on here. :wink: Thanks for the kind offer but this time I will have to decline as I am being a good lad and sticking to the lockdown rules. :wink:

Personally i dont see the problem with putting hazards on, their site…their rules and as they say obey or `do one…same as alcohol/drug tests they can and they will or ask you to leave site if you dont comply.