You Have Been Warned

milodon:
How does removing adblue from the equasion improve mileage?

Understandably bypassing the Egr does loads, as the engine is breathing oxygen instead of its own exhaust, but isn’t adblue injected into the exhaust?

I`m certainly not up on the exact workings of the “cheats” used, but I thought the advantage comes from by-passing the entire exhaust filter system? Full delete equals no EGR, no Particle Filter, and no AdBlue use is an incidental bonus. No repairs to sensors etc.
Daresay some out there will know…sorry… will have heard rumours, of more accuracy?

robroy:
Don’t know about you younger guys who take all this stuff as normal now, but what do you older and experienced drivers think about all this crap?
Is all this emissions thing really that important?

Ok thankfully things have improved vastly since the days you followed an old Gardner powered ERF up a hill and were fighting for breath as the thick pungent reek from it mixed in with the fumes in your own cab, but does the criteria of Euro 4 and all that type ■■■■■■■■ NEED to be so strict, are they not just pandering to the Green lobby,.and at the same time our lovely Government, (true to form) using it as yet another excuse and agenda to raise more revenue, while using buzz phrases to brainwash, such as ‘‘Carbon footprints’’ and ‘Emission zones’’ :unamused:

Call me cynical here, but it’s all just another example of the usual 21 Century ■■■■■■■■ imo, and more excuses and opportunities to extort cash, along similar lines as H&S and DCPC.

Here’s what I think…

It’s all a load of ■■■■■■■■. It only exists to make money. The days of keeping a lorry for 10yrs are over, far too much to go wrong on them now and it does go wrong, often and when it does you can’t fix it yourself, so a trip to a dealer is your only option.

Because of this the last lorry I bought came from the factory without an engine and had a remanufactured pre emission engine installed. If I leave it idling in my workshop it fills the place with fumes, whereas my other lorry with all the tree hugging junk on it doesn’t, so the emission stuff does do what it says on the tin, no doubt about it, but I’m not prepared to suffer the inbuilt unreliability that is the other side of the coin. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:

robroy:
Don’t know about you younger guys who take all this stuff as normal now, but what do you older and experienced drivers think about all this crap?
Is all this emissions thing really that important?

Ok thankfully things have improved vastly since the days you followed an old Gardner powered ERF up a hill and were fighting for breath as the thick pungent reek from it mixed in with the fumes in your own cab, but does the criteria of Euro 4 and all that type ■■■■■■■■ NEED to be so strict, are they not just pandering to the Green lobby,.and at the same time our lovely Government, (true to form) using it as yet another excuse and agenda to raise more revenue, while using buzz phrases to brainwash, such as ‘‘Carbon footprints’’ and ‘Emission zones’’ :unamused:

Call me cynical here, but it’s all just another example of the usual 21 Century ■■■■■■■■ imo, and more excuses and opportunities to extort cash, along similar lines as H&S and DCPC.

Here’s what I think…

It’s all a load of ■■■■■■■■. It only exists to make money. The days of keeping a lorry for 10yrs are over, far too much to go wrong on them now and it does go wrong, often and when it does you can’t fix it yourself, so a trip to a dealer is your only option.

Because of this the last lorry I bought came from the factory without an engine and had a remanufactured pre emission engine installed. If I leave it idling in my workshop it fills the place with fumes, whereas my other lorry with all the tree hugging junk on it doesn’t, so the emission stuff does do what it says on the tin, no doubt about it, but I’m not prepared to suffer the inbuilt unreliability that is the other side of the coin. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Top man ,I think Iam the wrong side of the water ,tried to get ■■■■■■■ to sell me a euro 6 x15 600 but they won’t :cry:

Dan, it would need a full delete and the VGT replacing with a straightforward turbo to get the best out of it. A mate of mine has just deleted his 550 ISX and it’s transformed it, according to the dyno it now has a wider flatter and slightly higher torque curve, gained 30 odd hp and EGT has dropped a couple of hundred degrees on a hard pull. MPG us all over the place due to the nature of his work, but he reckons it’s got better.

I mentioned glider kits and said I was prepared to seek out an exhaust ,inter cooler and radiator from a paccar u.s installation.

That would be a lot of messing around to get the electrics set up properly, all those sensors sending signals back to the engine ECU and all that other nonsense, you would be better off getting a used Signature 600 and rebuilding it, that would require a lot less work, or even a rebuilt N14 525. Or if you really wanted to have fun, a C15 CAT with a C18 head, marine cam and a big turbo, that would give you around 800hp to the rear wheels, best to add a heavy duty clutch to the shopping list too I think.

400,000kms and it’s in for a rebuild.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … Vx&ampcf=1
And all the time your worrying,or not about your ,‘carbon foot print’ coal mine fires continue un hindered releasing ■■..?. Into the atmosphere after 100 years…