WTD infringements

DCPCFML:

Roymondo:

DCPCFML:
Nope. This has been discussed 1000s of times in previous threads, go read them.

I don’t need to (although I probably have). I simply need to refer to the text of the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005:

Breaks
7.—(1) No mobile worker shall work for more than six hours without a break.

(2) Where a mobile worker’s working time exceeds six hours but does not exceed nine hours, the worker shall be entitled to a break lasting at least 30 minutes and interrupting that time.

(3) Where a mobile worker’s working time exceeds nine hours, the worker shall be entitled to a break lasting at least 45 minutes and interrupting that period.

(4) Each break may be made up of separate periods of not less than 15 minutes each.

A single 15 minute break where, as in the OP’s case, a total of 6.5 hours are worked, doesn’t satisfy this requirement.

sigh

Why are you reading things that aren’t there? The key part is “interrupting that time”. The time being: “exceeds six hours but does not exceed nine hours”, ie. within the 6 to 9 hour time period, you must have a break/breaks totalling no less than 30 mins. If you choose to have that second 15 min break at 8 hrs and 59 mins, you are legally allowed to do so.

As a separate issue, I note the use of the word “entitled” which is from the official legislation.gov site, yet doesn’t feature in the wording on the .gov site for same. One could argue that the only rule in that legislation is section 7 (1). Clause (2) and (3) are actually optional if you take the wording at its literal meaning, ie. if the worker wishes to take additional breaks of 15 mins after 6 hours and after 9 hours then his is legally entitled to do so, but there is no legally requirement there to take them if he doesn’t want to.

What second break are you talking about? The OP has already stated that he took only one break of 15 minutes,and that’s all he took during a shift of 6.75 hours.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

You are replying to a point that was never made.

I am done with this discussion. There are 1000s of other threads about this. 15 mins is all that’s needed before reaching the 9th hour of work. The wording is right there is the regs but people come up with their own interpretations and quote it as law. Believe what you want.

ROG:
If during a shift your working time is 6.5 hours then 30 mins total break must be taken to satisfy the WTD rules
Example
Shift length 7 hours
Working time during that 7 hours is 6.5 hours
0.5 hours is break which can be split into 2x15s and cannot be at the start or end of the shift

That is the law 100%

If anyone wants to believe differently then they are welcome to to do so but it does not change the law :unamused:

You are another one who is clueless. How many times have you referred to the “UK version of the EU driver hours rules” in the past? :unamused: Clueless.

Roymondo:
Where “a mobile worker’s working” time exceeds six hours but does not exceed nine hours, the worker shall be entitled to a break lasting at least 30 minutes and interrupting “that” time.

“that” time = “a mobile worker’s working” time

If the break lasting at least 30 minutes was just to interrupt the time between 6 hours and 9 hours, then the driver would need an additional 15 minute break by the 6 hour point resulting in 45 minutes break.

Legal
3 hours work
30 minutes break
6 hours work

Legal
6 hours work
30 minutes break
3 hours work

DCPCFML:

ROG:
If during a shift your working time is 6.5 hours then 30 mins total break must be taken to satisfy the WTD rules
Example
Shift length 7 hours
Working time during that 7 hours is 6.5 hours
0.5 hours is break which can be split into 2x15s and cannot be at the start or end of the shift

That is the law 100%

If anyone wants to believe differently then they are welcome to to do so but it does not change the law :unamused:

You are another one who is clueless. How many times have you referred to the “UK version of the EU driver hours rules” in the past? :unamused: Clueless.

Why are you the only one who believes this is the law :question: - does that tell you something :question: