WTD 30 min break rule

twinstacks:
Ok now am a bit confused. I have to have a 30 min break if I work between 6 - 9 hours and take 15 min break at 6 hours you then said that I dont need another break if I finish before 9 hours but then that would mean I only had 15 min break between 6 - 9 hours which would be against the rule.

Sorry if am wafflin on am just thick lol

I didn’t say you don’t need another 15 minutes if you finish with between 6 and 9 hours work in your shift, I said you did, see answers 1 and 4 above.

I meant you don’t necessarily need a further 15 minutes before 9 hours work. Yes you would do if you were finishing your shift with 9 hours work, or less, but not if you were going to carry on working. Sorry maybe I didn’t explain it very well.

I’ll try to sum it up.

15 minutes before exceeding 6 hours work.

Another 15 minutes before the end of your shift if you don’t work more than 9 hours.

Another 30 minutes before the end of your shift if you work more than 9 hours, 15 minutes of which must be taken if you reach 6 hours of work from the end of your first 15 minute break with the remaining 15 minutes before the end of the shift.

KACHING !! The penny drops.

Thanks very much I have now finally got the grasp of it sorry am such a slow trucker lol.

twinstacks:
KACHING !! The penny drops.

Thanks very much I have now finally got the grasp of it sorry am such a slow trucker lol.

Another satisfied customer, excellent. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :sunglasses:

I did previously have on here a simple version of both the tacho and WTD rules in about 6 sentences each, which covered everything and removed all the flowery bits, but sadly I had to delete them as someone kept reposting them in other threads, almost as if they were the actual rules.

The regulations are not that complicated they just need to be read carefully, and by read I mean all of them including the boring bits such as the definitions of each term used and so on.

I am clued up on the tacho rules but it was just the WTD 6 hour rule thing that threw me. I try and keep up with the rules and regs as am a bit of an anorak lol. I would like to get an up to date cope of the complete WTD but can’t seem to find it DOH !!

Long gone are the good old days

Thanks for help

Keep up good work

twinstacks:
I am clued up on the tacho rules but it was just the WTD 6 hour rule thing that threw me. I try and keep up with the rules and regs as am a bit of an anorak lol. I would like to get an up to date cope of the complete WTD but can’t seem to find it DOH !!

Long gone are the good old days

Thanks for help

Keep up good work

Forget the WTD and follow the RTD

legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 … 639_en.pdf

Thanks. Printed and kept