Wreckers/recovery trucks

try this link
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24116

I used to work for Ontime Recovery as a controller for some years, and one of drivers gave me a disc of pics he had. Here’s a few.

Always wondered why some recovery firms spend hundreds of thousands on high horsepower wreckers and others would employ a 4x2 artic stretched with average power engine. Are people trying to do it on the cheap or the super heros going ott?

An Old one I know, without all the new fangled underlifts and fancy equipment. Just a lifting beam, “A” frame and loads of chains and sleepers. Single drive but never got it stuck and was never beaten by a recovery

Looking back, probably my best memories are from working the wrecker up and down the country, but mostly around the North west… “Happy Days”

hi,give me forty acres and i will turn this rig around :slight_smile:

hi, another view.

some pics from one of the first truckfests

National Plant & Transport Ltd wrecker late 80’s

Taken at Castle Donnington

Taken at yard at Somercotes

great pictures peeps, keep em coming! :smiley:

saw this one at lymm

Caqnt see it too well but thats an S reg F10 still going strong.

couple more from my older photobucket account

its sadly no more, but the wrecker body is now on a scania 142, not got round to photographing it yet though

and the previous one

and how it looked a few years ago :frowning:

crap pic i know, but one in action working

not my pic this one

this was abandoned somewhere up north (at least it looked abandoned!)

and these, both at henham steam rally

now this is what i call a proper wrecker :exclamation:

i’d love to drive one of those for a living, would turn a few heads towing a puddle jumper behind it :stuck_out_tongue:
:grimacing:

heres a few

!(http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr41/truckspark/BILD0313.jpg[/i

)

good stuff, lovin the pics lads, just one question though, is the r cab topline scanny with the rnw trailer jonathon ross’s attempt at breaking into rock n woll work?..COAT PLEASE :grimacing:

:laughing: i know youre joking but for others info no their enclosed car transporters carl richardson (carlson) bought them in 2004 he had 2 of them one got sold to a company and it still runs about in carlson colours just with the name changed and this one has obviossly ended up here that will explain why i havnt seen it in ages.
here is a pic i took nearly a year ago just before some ■■■ crashed it