Would you take the truck back?

The employment laws different in England??
In NI your informed that any dispute with employer (
or former) must involve a submitted grievance then if no joy the Industrial Tribunal becomes involved.

My dispute with a previous employer over two weeks unpaid wages went as far as “case management discussion” with my Union Solicitor then when case was a week away from being heard at IT the employer meticulously paid up in full.

Never cost me a penny in any fees at all !!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

peirre:

eagerbeaver:

peirre:
EB after giving the agency the initial letter requesting payment did you also give them another following letter marked “Letter before action” or “letter before court action” prior to instigating the small claim court proceedings?

No I didn’t P.

After firing the pistol, I ignored the rifle and went straight for the RPG :grimacing:

If you didn’t send them a letter entitled “letter before court action”, you may have shot yourself in the foot and given them a get out of jail card

No he has not.

The CPR (what you are talking about) doesn’t work like that. And he has given notice - there is no special need to write “letter before action”.

Here is what he needs to do:

“(a) the claimant writing to the defendant with concise details of the claim. The letter should include the basis on which the claim is made, a summary of the facts, what the claimant wants from the defendant, and if money, how the amount is calculated;”

Which he has clearly done.

And even if he breached the pre-action protocols it would not give them a “get out of jail free card”. At worst it could mean that he didn’t get the case fee back if the judge felt very grumpy.

As others have said - there is no way this will go to court. The company will cave in very quickly. If I was the OP I’d get all of it in writing and wouldn’t be having a chat with any directors at this point. If they want to discuss things with him they can do so via email or letter.

Well let’s just hope this new company your hoping to get a job with DONT ask for references from previous employers , 1 days work and you manage to tip pallets over , failed delivery , ■■■■ the company off and Sue your employer ( is that a record by any chance )

dozy:
Well let’s just hope this new company your hoping to get a job with DONT ask for references from previous employers , 1 days work and you manage to tip pallets over , failed delivery , ■■■■ the company off and Sue your employer ( is that a record by any chance )

You know it’s bad when dozy takes the mick out of you!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:

Excellent Dozy and I cannot stop laughing at your brief but brilliant spin of the facts.

You should be in Westminster as the likes of Alister Campbell wouldn’t get a look in.

Genuinely funny IMO. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Captain Caveman 76:

dozy:

You know it’s bad when dozy takes the mick out of you!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He’s been waiting for this opportunity to take the ■■■■ out of somebody on here for years…# dozysrevenge.
:laughing:

I haven’t read most of this thread but you gotta laugh :laughing:

At the end of the day, they were looking for reasons to bill the agency/you for the shot load, which ever way you went about it you were on to a hiding for nothing.

A few years ago, a friend of mine was told he was going to be put on a disciplinary for complaints about his driving, now he knew he was a bit happy with the right foot, but also that the transport manager was looking to give him a kicking. So he has his first meeting at which he’s told he’ll be sent for a driving assessment with an HGV driving school, and then they’ll discuss further action at a subsequent meeting using the driving report as the basis for those actions. So he puts in a blinding drive, the instructor is saying to him, well cant see what the issues are mate your driving is about as text book as I’ve seen. He hears nothing about the meeting for about 6 weeks, and then starts to kick up and insist he has his meeting, he knows that the TM has the driving report and doesn’t want to share it. So eventually after badgering the MD they set up this meeting, and the MD decides that he will attend because of all the fuss that was made about it. So there they all are TM, MD driver rep and my mate, and the MD’s PA to take minutes. at this point my mate gets his hands on the report and its glowing, the MD has a copy so does the TM, the MD starts questioning the TM as to why this whole charade has taken place, My mate starts to read out for the record(minutes of the meeting) the best bits of the report, the rep says that this report has to be placed in my mates employment file, the TM is as sick as a Parrot, nothing to say but glare, or try to answer difficult questions from the MD, who feeling that the whole disciplinary has been a waste of company time and money from start to finish. My mate carried that report with him for months, and would stand if front of the traffic office quoting the best lines, for the annoyance of the TM. Just another happy day getting one over the management in the wonderful world of logistics :smiley:

robroy:

Captain Caveman 76:

dozy:

He’s been waiting for this opportunity to take the ■■■■ out of somebody on here for years…# dozysrevenge.
:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: What’s even funnier is that I am sat at home with a nice cup of tea after possibly the easiest truck driving day I’ve ever had.

And Dozy still probably has another 4 hrs left at Stobartski…

Well, well.

It appears our pointy shoe wearing yellow bellies are paying me 14 hours pay this Friday, and the £25 court fee will be reimbursed via cheque so that it doesn’t have tax & NI put against it.

So to all the ■■■■■■■ that would have taken it up the arse, please send me your address. I’ve just bulk ordered a [zb] load of lube for you :grimacing:

Well done beaver, I knew you would get it. All this with no union input telling you this isn’t going to be possible. Hopefully this will indeed be a good lesson to the bendy spine brigade.

UKtramp:
Well done beaver, I knew you would get it. All this with no union input telling you this isn’t going to be possible. Hopefully this will indeed be a good lesson to the bendy spine brigade.

Cheers mate :wink:

Who is planning you at Stobbies?

Well done EB

peirre:
Well done EB

Thanks pal :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

Vicky a lovely tart, she thinks I am fab. Everything is done through the terminal now so I have only seen her once, they don’t ring or hassle you, Vicky just rings me to chat!

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

Vicky a lovely tart, she thinks I am fab. Everything is done through the terminal now so I have only seen her once, they don’t ring or hassle you, Vicky just rings me to chat!

The price we have to pay mate for being trucking celebrities :sunglasses:

Congratulations Beaver, you are a proper man and a proper driver :sunglasses:

Great news! :grimacing:

MickM

Great stuff mate. P’raps you’ll get your hand into your pocket next time we meet then?

Lancsdriver70:
Congratulations Beaver, you are a proper man and a proper driver :sunglasses:

imagesEYTUAMAB.jpg

MTM12:
Great news! :grimacing:

MickM

Thanks for your help Mick. I owe you a drink :wink: