Workplace drink and drug testing

Franglais:

albion:
Sorry Framglais, never used it so I have no idea.

You worried? Too much red wine [emoji38]

Ssshhhh !
Bank holiday today. Not worried about anything at all right now !

Early o’clock tomorrow? Hhmm.
Good job I’ve just a local pick up. Late start.
[emoji38]

On another note, I’m interested in this screening aspect. How many innocents are falsely accused of being “under the influence” or whatever?

OK, stories of people playing the system and getting a paid day off, but I’ve got some nagging doubts about it all… seems more serious to me than remote downloads of tachos or driver facing cameras.

Why? Because it seems less acccurate.
Cameras don’t lie. (Yeah, ok)
Tachos are accurate…
(again OK)
But cheap drug tests are not (seemingly) as accurate…

Lean towards a safe response?
OK.
But that’ll be abused and cost more. And there is no such thing as a victimless crime etc.

Sorry Albion, I went into full lecturing mode there!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

From what the bloke said any positive on this test won’t go against you but a sample would gonto the lab for a more strict test which would rule out things like poppy seeds or over the counter medication etc.
Samecas a roadside breath rest can’t be used to prosecute you. Just if you fail you have to take a much more acurate test to decide if you are over the limit

kr79:

Franglais:

albion:
Sorry Framglais, never used it so I have no idea.

You worried? Too much red wine [emoji38]

Ssshhhh !
Bank holiday today. Not worried about anything at all right now !

Early o’clock tomorrow? Hhmm.
Good job I’ve just a local pick up. Late start.
[emoji38]

On another note, I’m interested in this screening aspect. How many innocents are falsely accused of being “under the influence” or whatever?

OK, stories of people playing the system and getting a paid day off, but I’ve got some nagging doubts about it all… seems more serious to me than remote downloads of tachos or driver facing cameras.

Why? Because it seems less acccurate.
Cameras don’t lie. (Yeah, ok)
Tachos are accurate…
(again OK)
But cheap drug tests are not (seemingly) as accurate…

Lean towards a safe response?
OK.
But that’ll be abused and cost more. And there is no such thing as a victimless crime etc.

Sorry Albion, I went into full lecturing mode there!

From what the bloke said any positive on this test won’t go against you but a sample would gonto the lab for a more strict test which would rule out things like poppy seeds or over the counter medication etc.
Samecas a roadside breath rest can’t be used to prosecute you. Just if you fail you have to take a much more acurate test to decide if you are over the limit

OK.
Thanks for that.

If someone was habitually having poppy seed buns for breakfast and being sent home on full pay…
Daresay it’s not an original thought however.

albion:

Harry Monk:

Juddian:
Yet more evidence the more reliable workers out there (who don’t want or need this crap) will find themselves ever more irreplaceable.

Seriously people, what next? oh i’ll just smoke/inject/snort this ‘harmless’ mind altering drug, cos its my day off and after all i only drive a lorry for a living :unamused: …that’s what mind altering drugs do, rob you of common sense.
Jesus wept.

I think the point that was being made is that drug tests can be failed weeks after use when there is no possibility of impairment?

In my case, I wasn’t going to take chance on someone dragging a trailer round Europe with a load of hazardous on the back unsure if he was impaired or not.

No, of course not. I presume that as a responsible employer you arranged for some type of treatment or rehabilitation?

kr79:

robroy:
Hang on one [zb] minute until I digest this.
A security bloke on a site asked you to ■■■■ in a cup…■■■■ in a cup?? :open_mouth:
And you did it■■? :open_mouth:
Never mind their reasons for doing it, or whatever tf they were testing for. :unamused:
.Jeez H, it takes a lot to stun me about drivers and the job today, but seriously??

We’re on the second page of this thread and nobody has questioned the [zb] liberty and the sheer humiliation…
So not only do they consider us as [zb] on their shoes, we’re all [zb] crack heads now as well,… and nobody cares? :open_mouth:

FFS !.
No further comment,.
:unamused: :unamused:

No this was part of a full on induction with a medical and a few other checks was there about half a day doing some safety tests.
Got part 2 in a couple of weeks which gives 7 hours cpc training.
Certainly wouldn’t be ■■■■■■■ in a cup on the orders of some security man

What kind of site requires you to do all that crap mate to take deliveries ?I’m genuinely intrigued ? :open_mouth:

I’ve done Greenham Common when the Yanks had Cruise missiles based there, Navy bases, including the Faslane Nuclear sub base, Army bases, RAF bases, USAF bases, Sellafield and that Top secret site in Wiltshire who’s name escapes me.
I’ve had security clearances after pre.delivery checks on me up to a week prior to delivery in some cases, long boring inductions, photograped and all the rest of it that these sites require because of the sensitive nature of them… but I can say hand on heart none of them ever asked me to ■■■■ in a cup :open_mouth: ,
and to be perfectly honest if they did I would just turn back around. :neutral_face:

Thames tideway it’s a ■■■■■■■ sewage tunnel.
Just more ■■■■■■■■ as it’s government backed like cross rail.
Done to keep unemployable h&s ■■■■■■■■ employed

kr79:
Thames tideway it’s a [zb] sewage tunnel.
Just more [zb] as it’s government backed like cross rail.
Done to keep unemployable h&s [zb] employed

:open_mouth: OK :open_mouth:

No idea if they do tests when you go on site it’s highly unlikely il go on the job as I’m rarely out on site nowdays

kr79:
No idea if they do tests when you go on site it’s highly unlikely il go on the job as I’m rarely out on site nowdays

I’m just amazed at the liberties these type of effers take mate, and how they just take for granted that it’s both acceptable and that people will just comply without question.

NOT having a go at you personally here btw as I don’t know how you stand with your job, but I seriously think I would tell him to shove his cup up his arse, as it would be a humiliation and an affront to my professionalism and integrity imo…it’s one step away from the rubber gloved finger up the Gary. :neutral_face:
However it looks as if I’m in a minority here. :neutral_face:

Same as with fors etc firms just do it to get the work.
I done this one as I’m getting paid to do it and this was all official. If I turned up to change a skip and some traffic marshal starts telling me to pee in a cup I’d turn round no idea what form would do but I’d soon find another job if need be.
Just seems another thing been used to keep the masses under submission though.

I’m fors…And I never ■■■■■■ on a cup
I am only bronze…though.
Which means I’m more likely to kill you than silver and gold.

It’s just a load of ■■■■■■■■ about parking and push bikes

robroy:

kr79:

I’m just amazed at the liberties these type of effers take mate, and how they just take for granted that it’s both acceptable and that people will just comply without question.

NOT having a go at you personally here btw as I don’t know how you stand with your job, but I seriously think I would tell him to shove his cup up his arse, as it would be a humiliation and an affront to my professionalism and integrity imo…it’s one step away from the rubber gloved finger up the Gary. :neutral_face:

Been tested a few times, never random only ‘‘for cause’’, not much use after the event, but refusal to take a test is seen as gross misconduct with all that that brings. The nasty 1st line tyrant who did one of mine had great fun telling me I’d failed even though i showed the box of prescibed codene i was carrying during the pre-test form filling. I had even more fun telling him I was suspended pending the lab result when he called me in the lurch a driver short 3 days later.

kr79:
Just realy think we need to be more grown up about drugs in this and other country’s and

This. Very much this

Wiretwister:

robroy:

kr79:

Been tested a few times, never random only ‘‘for cause’’, not much use after the event, but refusal to take a test is seen as gross misconduct with all that that brings. The nasty 1st line tyrant who did one of mine had great fun telling me I’d failed even though i showed the box of prescibed codene i was carrying during the pre-test form filling. I had even more fun telling him I was suspended pending the lab result when he called me in the lurch a driver short 3 days later.

It’s the type of idiots they often entrust to do this ■■■■ that get my back up not the test as such.
Also as I said the fact tests used are designed to show something that could of been taken days or even weeks ago that seem wrong

switchlogic:

kr79:
Just realy think we need to be more grown up about drugs in this and other country’s and

This. Very much this

Can’t see it happening if anything the world is becoming more puritanical

Wiretwister:

robroy:

kr79:

Yeh ‘‘Gross misconduct’’ only by their rules and their criteria they have set in order to coherse you into going along with it.
Gross misconduct or whatever else they make up, I don’t care, I’d see them in hell first.
You could have had even more ‘‘fun’’ if you’d told him to ■■■■ off.

You said it yourself ‘‘The nasty tyrant’’… there is a certain ‘‘type’’ who do these type of jobs, who usually have been bullied at school and have never had a girlfriend, and as long as we are willing just to bend over in front of them(sometimes literally…rubber glove :unamused: ) this job will only keep getting worse.
■■■■ em.

albion:
Conducted a drugs test on one of ours not long ago after a tip off from a customer. The one and only time I’ve done a drug test, hair sample. Habitual user of crack cocaine. And I have no doubt about the veracity of the results.

A truck driver been a habitual user of crack cocaine is frightening,
This isn’t a joint on an evening or a couple of lines on a Saturday that’s full on addiction,
Yes he should get help but also he should ask for help not wait until he is found out…

Always a touchy subject this isn’t it! If your a hgv driver I believe the tests should be more vigorous but specific & in context, how many places test for diazepam & such like? Many anti depressant’s have amphetimene & Methylenedioxymethamphetamin in, the warming labels in many of these even tell you not to drive or oporate heavy machinery. I bet there’s thousands of drivers taking these daily, what’s worse a person who’s taking these or the man who likes to have a smoke on a Friday?.. yet only one will lose his job if tested?

I’m curious Albion, I’m guessing you don’t use hair analysis at 450 a time as a random test. So something must have tipped you off to do the test on this guy. Was it a tip off from another driver? Or was he acting strange? Just curious

dbk23:
Always a touchy subject this isn’t it! If your a hgv driver I believe the tests should be more vigorous but specific & in context, how many places test for diazepam & such like? Many anti depressant’s have amphetimene & Methylenedioxymethamphetamin in, the warming labels in many of these even tell you not to drive or oporate heavy machinery. I bet there’s thousands of drivers taking these daily, what’s worse a person who’s taking these or the man who likes to have a smoke on a Friday?.. yet only one will lose his job if tested?

I recon there is a lot of people who would fall foul on prescription medication my wife works with someone on numerous health issues on loads of pills who she recons is away with the fairies half the time.
Thankfully not in a safety critical job