Working with sciatica

midlands-lad:
I am at the end of my teather. I am on amitriptyline, dihidracodine, neproxen but it bairly touches the pain so i tend not to bother. Thanks again guys

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I don’t bother either because it didn’t do anything with me but I got the side effects. Eventually you’ll learn to switch off to it to a certain extent.

What I did find is that the more mobile I was the less it hurt. If I’ve had a long weekend and spent it sat on the sofa in front of the TV then that can make it worse.

I have a fractured back prolapsed disc excessive wear & crumbling disc I drive several days a week form the North East to the South West ( Somerset ) & back I do get some pain at times but have learnt how to manage it most of the time although I do have some physio to do ask your Dr to refer you they can help I also take Paracetamol Lansoprazole Ibuprofen Gabapentin Amitriptyline If Dr gives you any of these follow the instructions

You could ask to be referred to pain management they may be able to help as well

Touch wood i haven’t had an attack for years, got a hell of dose of flue one Christmas and it left me with sciatica for near enough the rest of the year, walked doubled over for months on end…helpfully my so called workmates thought it hilarious to copy my gait… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: as they hobbled round the yard.

Devils Claw extract helped me in the meantime and has helped some lads i know who have tried it too.

Surprising how many of us get this bloody sciatica. I’m 69 now and have had it on and off since I was 21 or so. If you’re fat, do your best to lose weight, don’t sit around doing nowt, do your stretching exercises, don’t sleep on your stomach or arch your back any other way, don’t twist and lift and when you bend over, straighten up by bending your knees and swinging your arse forwards, if you get what I mean. As said before, tipper driving would most likely murder it, but multi drop with things that aren’t heavy (some chance) might not be too bad. CLIMB out of the cab and off the back rather than jumping. Simply sitting on a chair, feet flat on floor and leaning forward while supporting your weight with your forearms on your thighs can help. Hold the stretches for at least 20 sec’s and repeat 10 times.

Getting into exercise and regaining fitness helped me no end. I took up martial arts and never looked back until a work accident finished me off. Maybe yoga could help. I could go on and on but you get my drift.

No doctor, but like others, plenty of experience.

Juddian Devil’s Claw is brilliant and not just for sciatica I now have RA and it really helps it is better than any of the drugs the doc gave me I take no drugs don’t really like taking them always go for a natural remedy and when I found that one my life changed

Juddian:
Touch wood i haven’t had an attack for years, got a hell of dose of flue one Christmas and it left me with sciatica for near enough the rest of the year, walked doubled over for months on end…helpfully my so called workmates thought it hilarious to copy my gait… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: as they hobbled round the yard.

Devils Claw extract helped me in the meantime and has helped some lads i know who have tried it too.

How long before the Devils Claw kicked in for you Juddian,out of interest,i’ve heard taking any herb works better taken alongside a fish oil for instance to metabolise into the system,ie vitamin d3 only works when partnered with vitamin k and Turmeric goes well with Ginko Biloba.?

Containers would seem the logical place for a fellow raspberry ripple :slight_smile: you could get serious excercise in the legendary volumes of loading bay time available to most box jocks.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … sK208MB-nQ
To the OP I would try for grab tipper work rather than ordinary tipper work. You are moving a lot more and sat in one place a lot less.
It’s also more interesting, I much prefer being on our grab than our normal tipper. Don’t do foodservice and handball work. I was visiting a chiropractor almost once a month on that job, don’t go at all now.

Not the only one who benefitted by Devils Claw then.

It starts to do its work within a week whenever i’ve had an attack.
To be fair i think the cut down cabs in the car transporters were at least part of the problem…if up to about 7 years ago you would see this crippled bugger hobbling from a transporter to the wash room early in the morning looking like death warmed up that might well have been me, used to take me about 10 mins to get out me pit at all, i’d have been bollocksed if it had gone up in flames in the night.
I still get back ache, probably always will, but since i came of the transporters, and nights out, the shooting pains from me arse cheek right down one leg haven’t manifested again, touch wood.