Working time regs. Night working opt out

Honked:

waynedl:
I don’t understand these sort of posts.

Isn’t this why we were born with middle fingers?

If you don’t want to do it, then don’t [zb]’ do it, but don’t be surprised if it costs you your job. And that’s whether you do it ‘legally’ or by sticking the middle finger up…

Yup, pretty much sums it up.

Just because it’s in the law and gives you rights, doesn’t mean you will be protected. Hundreds of people lose their jobs every year but don’t take their employers to court, even though they could. If you don’t want to do the job, find one that you will do :wink:

Thanks for the replies. Some useful links and information.

Who said I didn’t want the job. Been here 15 years and going nowhere. But it was interesting to find out the company (and my fellow drivers) have been breaking the law since our agreement ended in 2010. I want to opt out because the way our work is allocated is also a tool to bully drivers.
We don’t all want to spend our lives behind a wheel.
Should be interesting on Monday when the big bosses come down

There’s a number of ways to stop them ‘bullying’ you.

I would suggest ‘working to rule’ i.e reduce your speed, take regular ‘comfort stops’, full 50 mins rest breaks (not on bay but in proper rest areas).

Also if you have children you can apply for ‘flexible working hours’ and reduce your working week to suit your family life.

Nevertheless the ‘10hr rule’ for night workers is less breaks and POA, NOT TOTAL DUTY TIME, it’s a ■■■■ job if your exceeding this in any case.

I hope this helps.

Honestscott76:

I would suggest ‘working to rule’ i.e reduce your speed, take regular ‘comfort stops’, full 50 mins rest breaks (not on bay but in proper rest areas).

Also if you have children you can apply for ‘flexible working hours’ and reduce your working week to suit your family life.

Nevertheless the ‘10hr rule’ for night workers is less breaks and POA, NOT TOTAL DUTY TIME, it’s a [zb] job if your exceeding this in any case.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again honestscott76
Yep I know it’s work hours plus 45mins
But what’s this strange POA you mention lol I’m a tanker driver they don’t exist.

If I slows down any more I’d get arrested for curb crawling. The real problem is the company think our MANs are powered by hawker sidley.

But what’s this strange POA you mention lol I’m a tanker driver they don’t exist.

If I slows down any more I’d get arrested for curb crawling. The real problem is the company think our MANs are powered by hawker sidley.
[/quote]
Ha ha… I was merely suggesting various ways and you don’t get chance to use POA. Although It appears you’ve tried most things.

Take it from me, it’s the same no matter where you go now, these ‘Corporations’ have everything covered and the workforce are so divided it will never change. Therefore my advice is either go with it or walk or else you will drive yourself mad and those around you.

Good luck!

johnr50:

Honestscott76:

Nevertheless the ‘10hr rule’ for night workers is less breaks and POA, NOT TOTAL DUTY TIME, it’s a [zb] job if your exceeding this in any case.

I hope this helps.

Eh?