Working Time Directive & Double Manning

stu675:

stevieboy308:

stu675:

tachograph:
, but if they can’t programme it so the mode switch for slot two is active while the vehicle is moving I’m surprised.

Surely it would be very dangerous for the passenger (or the driver) to operate the tacho in a moving vehicle?
I don’t understand why it can’t remain on other work for slot 2 when the vehicle starts moving though.

Really?

You’ve never cleared an over speed?

I’ve never had a passenger clear an overspeed on my tacho!

Me neither, but I have (as a driver) and I didn’t consider it very dangerous in doing so!

stevieboy308:

stu675:

stevieboy308:

stu675:

tachograph:
, but if they can’t programme it so the mode switch for slot two is active while the vehicle is moving I’m surprised.

Surely it would be very dangerous for the passenger (or the driver) to operate the tacho in a moving vehicle?
I don’t understand why it can’t remain on other work for slot 2 when the vehicle starts moving though.

Really?

You’ve never cleared an over speed?

I’ve never had a passenger clear an overspeed on my tacho!

Me neither, but I have (as a driver) and I didn’t consider it very dangerous in doing so!

I thought we were discussing passengers operating different modes on the tacho as they did different activities.

Why would anyone get the passenger to do it :smiley:

You said surely it would be dangerous for the passenger (or driver) to operate the tacho in a moving vehicle.

It was the driver part I was pulling you up on, by saying haven’t you ever cleared an overspeed

In order for a passenger to operate the tacho in a moving vehicle surely they would first need to remove their seatbelt? Hmmm.