Working on a salary?

Rob K:
Steve24v, it rings alarm bells in my head. Steel work (chase, chase, chase) and tramping (open to hours “abuse” as you don’t need to be home) and they reckon only 48hrs per week?

DREAM ON.

Yes it will be 48hrs per week, but you’ll also have 20hrs of “POA” too…

Avoid it or go for it and learn the hard way. :bulb:

My 2p.

I know Rob, I know…

They harped on about poa but I have it confirmed that it is paid and included in the overall hours. And yes I’m very sceptical re the 48 hours but I’m about to find out
:unamused:

Dogmanbodie:
I would take it nice and steady to get the feel of the job. Speak to the other drivers and ask them what is deemed as ‘done enough’.

I agree… And yes, I collared a driver before the interview, he gave it the thumbs up so in I went :laughing:

steve_24v:

Rob K:
Steve24v, it rings alarm bells in my head. Steel work (chase, chase, chase) and tramping (open to hours “abuse” as you don’t need to be home) and they reckon only 48hrs per week?

DREAM ON.

Yes it will be 48hrs per week, but you’ll also have 20hrs of “POA” too…

Avoid it or go for it and learn the hard way. :bulb:

My 2p.

I know Rob, I know…

They harped on about poa but I have it confirmed that it is paid and included in the overall hours. And yes I’m very sceptical re the 48 hours but I’m about to find out
:unamused:

Well in that case, good luck! :slight_smile:

steve_24v:

Dogmanbodie:
I would take it nice and steady to get the feel of the job. Speak to the other drivers and ask them what is deemed as ‘done enough’.

I agree… And yes, I collared a driver before the interview, he gave it the thumbs up so in I went :laughing:

He didn’t also tell you that he regularly takes home £600 for an average week too did he? There seems to be an ever-increasing number of these types of driver’s about, especially when you’re asking about the job. :unamused: It’s only after you start that you find out that an average week is 70hrs and the £600 has magically dropped to £400. :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:
He didn’t also tell you that he regularly takes home £600 for an average week too did he? There seems to be an ever-increasing number of these types of driver’s about, especially when you’re asking about the job. :unamused: It’s only after you start that you find out that an average week is 70hrs and the £600 has magically dropped to £400. :unamused: :unamused:

Well said Rob, i allways want to know what the top line is that way they cant have forgotten that their £600 a week is topline and night out money and not take home at all :wink: and when you start to get into the bonus for this and bonus for the other, then i really start to lose intrest :wink:

Hmmm
Some employer’s that pay salary , pay salary for a reason . I t would cost them too much if you were on an hourly rate !!!
Don’t run around out of a pride thing when you first start , they will exploite (sp) you for it . If you have already done 10 hours and they have something else that will take another 4 hours , don’t do it , say no and go home , it’s unreasonable . You end up working for nothing …
Where is it written that in this day and age HGV driver’s should be flogged like donkey’s all week …

Some salaried job’s are ok but do try to take the ■■■■ if they are struggling , if there struggling thats not mine or your’s or anyone’s problem , it’s there’s for poor organisation and no prior planning .
Other salaried jobs take the ■■■■ full stop …

Rob K:

steve_24v:

Dogmanbodie:

No, he told me as it is, or so it seems…

This first week has been mainly induction but it has given me time to talk to other drivers and it appears to be what is says on the can, give or take. 10-12 hours is the norm, NO reduced rests, monday to friday and back early afternoon… I’ll find out next week as I’m off to pick my shiny new on Monday then it’s down the road.

My first impressions are good, very into training and H&S, which I guess is mainly down to our customer Corus, and nothing seems too much trouble. All the trampers appear happy with their lot so the rest is down to me - Just hope I can live with a TGA auto pulling flats :unamused: