Working for east euro companies

milodon:
I’m sure the job is a bit more varied than that, they have thousands and thousands of units, but it pays crap and the coworkers don’t speak anything but russian.

I’m aware of all this, but as the OP wants varied work , long distance in Europe with reasonable equipment then who else is there??

There is plenty of choice, if you’re cab-happy and don’t have a mortgage in Essex.

Personally I’d start asking with some Swedish companies, as there’s no language barrier and many do regular southern europe. Some are even plated in Cyprus. But if the OP says he’ll go with the Irish then by all means, he’ll soon see what’s up in EU haulage nowadays.

milodon:
There is plenty of choice, if you’re cab-happy and don’t have a mortgage in Essex.

Personally I’d start asking with some Swedish companies, as there’s no language barrier and many do regular southern europe. Some are even plated in Cyprus. But if the OP says he’ll go with the Irish then by all means, he’ll soon see what’s up in EU haulage nowadays.

I reckon that’s an excellent shout.
Go on for an Irish company at first: that’ll get you out there, see what’s happening for yourself, and go from there.
More good jobs are “advertised” at dinner tables and ferry bars than ever see an agency advert.

Ha, I got my current job through a local car forum, although nobody was advertising, just some guy was talking about how he needs good floodlights on his 4x4 Opel because he drives a lot in northern Scandinavia. I enquired a little about job possibilities as I was fed up with driving and so it went. Saw him and my future boss for the first time a couple of months later in a town 800 miles from home with zero experience.

Three years and one week later I’m still thinking that this is the job I want to go to retirement from.

A lot of decent paying Irish companies about, in a lot of cases there paying much more than UK company’s, however stay well away from any company in wexford, paying third world wages down there, how they get away with it I’ll never know, wudnt bother with Virginia either, probably spend more time tramping around the UK with them.

after free movement ends, possibly on 31 october, youre going to have to find a company that is willing to sponser you for a work visa. in a country that the government allows them too. although i hear that poland companies employ drivers from ukraine so it may be possible.