Wincanton recruting new and wannabe drivers

Simon:
5 from 7, means working ANY 5 days out of 7. So they could have you out Sunday and Monday; Tuesday off; Wednesday work; Thursday off; Friday and Saturday working again. You will have had more than the minimum 45 hours rest and again Saturday and Sunday are considered normal working days, so no time and a half or double time for working over the weekend.

Sorry to be a pain, Simon, but working the above pattern, I cant see where youre getting your 45 hours continuous weekly rest
Regards
Trev

Trevor Parry:

Simon:
5 from 7, means working ANY 5 days out of 7. So they could have you out Sunday and Monday; Tuesday off; Wednesday work; Thursday off; Friday and Saturday working again. You will have had more than the minimum 45 hours rest and again Saturday and Sunday are considered normal working days, so no time and a half or double time for working over the weekend.

Sorry to be a pain, Simon, but working the above pattern, I cant see where youre getting your 45 hours continuous weekly rest
Regards
Trev

Doesn’t need to be 45hrs continuous rest Trevor.
You have a continuous 36hr break on Tuesday. Then 24 or so off on Thursday to pay back what your 45hr W/E break is short by, plus a bit.

no problems GMANSCAN, sorry its took so long ot reply, just been so busy and not had time to come on here. What did they say, did you get to ring driverhire?

Catch yous later

Allrighty

Simon:

Trevor Parry:

Simon:

Regards
Trev

Doesn’t need to be 45hrs continuous rest Trevor.
You have a continuous 36hr break on Tuesday. Then 24 or so off on Thursday to pay back what your 45hr W/E break is short by, plus a bit.

I stand corrected, Simon - sorry I ever doubted you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards
Trev

with the imminent threat of strike action over pay.
there is now a new pay deal on the table being voted on now.
from the pay anniversary in july this year, theyre offering £19,500 + hrs as below till the end of the year. proposed from 1st jan, theyre offering £20k a year, the working week is now 55hrs a week, overtime to be paid after 50hrs, and wages paid weekly.
with a review on the implimentation of the WTD.

I still think its a ■■■■■■ deal…wadda you think?

with reference to hrs and wages each site has its own agreement,some good some bad, i work 65 to 70hrs on a average week,starting on monday (rest day working),contracted to tue to sat with sunday off, every third week i have the monday off to keep in the law.

as for pay well it varies from £500. to £550 pr wk not the best wage but due to improve soon.(hopefully).

work’s easy enough,but long hrs, good tackle, and good gaffers.

website has adverts for operations in logistics, send details by email and you will get a list of local depots and numbers by return.this is what i did, and still there 19 wks later. :sunglasses: