Will a driving career destroy my back?

If you are given a Merc then the answer is a YES.

I have a bad back ( fractured L1-L5 crumpling disc T1-C6 ) but the opposite end to you I am 147 cm 45kg I sit properly in cab just the seat hate Scania the seating position for me is all wrong atm I drive a big MAN don’t have any problems there I do however do my physio when finished work on my breaks like to get out of the cab go for a walk around stretch etc

Just keep doing what you are & go for it if you end up being away all week when Finnish you can still exercise met a guy who would find the nearest pool go for a swim & use the gym in there normally local authority he could also have a shower there so there is a lot you can do also eat healthy still

blue estate:

jbaz73:
A career in driving may help your back. By the time you finish work (if you come home at all) the gym will be long shut and you will be too knackered to train anyway. Problem solved :laughing:

One of my work mate’s joined the gym but with ulterior motives :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha, I sometimes reflect that the ‘scenery’ in the gym poses the biggest threat to me becoming distracted and tweaking something! :stuck_out_tongue:

animal:
I have a bad back ( fractured L1-L5 crumpling disc T1-C6 ) but the opposite end to you I am 147 cm 45kg I sit properly in cab just the seat hate Scania the seating position for me is all wrong atm I drive a big MAN don’t have any problems there I do however do my physio when finished work on my breaks like to get out of the cab go for a walk around stretch etc

Just keep doing what you are & go for it if you end up being away all week when Finnish you can still exercise met a guy who would find the nearest pool go for a swim & use the gym in there normally local authority he could also have a shower there so there is a lot you can do also eat healthy still

Agreed. There’s quite a few 24hr gyms around now too, most of which let you pay for a day pass - usually about the price of a pint.