Wild bean coffee at Watford gap

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:
Since Maccy Ds started their new way of serving …where it takes 10 minutes to get your coffee after ordering it :unamused: , I’ve kicked them into touch.
Gregg’s are the flavour of the month with me now when I’m away in the truck, or I microwave a mug of milk, and put a spoonful of Dowe Egberts, or Kenco, I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob :blush: , and find Nescafe a bit too bitter for my delicate palate :smiley: .
When me and the Mrs are in the town, or any town in fact, we usually spend about an hour in Cafe Nero, now that is good gear. :sunglasses:

Carte Noir and Lor are both nice coffees

You’re definitely Premier League mate :sunglasses: …respect.
:smiley:

the nodding donkey:
The UK and Amerca are the only places that consider instant coffee acceptable. That should tell you something… :sunglasses:

According to this, fresh coffee is the preferred version in the US and instant coffee is preferred in almost half of the world.

robroy:

ArcticMonkey:

robroy:
Since Maccy Ds started their new way of serving …where it takes 10 minutes to get your coffee after ordering it :unamused: , I’ve kicked them into touch.
Gregg’s are the flavour of the month with me now when I’m away in the truck, or I microwave a mug of milk, and put a spoonful of Dowe Egberts, or Kenco, I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob :blush: , and find Nescafe a bit too bitter for my delicate palate :smiley: .
When me and the Mrs are in the town, or any town in fact, we usually spend about an hour in Cafe Nero, now that is good gear. :sunglasses:

Carte Noir and Lor are both nice coffees

You’re definitely Premier League mate :sunglasses: …respect.
:smiley:

Haha they’re sometimes cheaper than Nescafe and Douwe Egberts. I always get the one which is on offer at Asda when i need to top up

The good lady makes a mean Latte at home with Kenco or Douwe’s, which when bought when Morrisons have their half price sales on :sunglasses: …i’ll drop a hint in a minute or so :laughing:

oh ■■■■■■■■, somehow i’ve managed to volunteer mesen :open_mouth:
she went and got it after all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , came back with Ovaltine :open_mouth: , dunno which of us is losing the plot faster

If you drink tea or coffee, you’re wrong.

robroy:

nomiS36:
What do you sell in your cafeteria btw, or do you mean a '‘cafitiere’ :laughing:

Spiel check [emoji6]

nomiS36:
I can’t bring myself to pay these rip off prices for coffee that doesn’t even taste nice to me.
I just make my own on the stove with coffee mate. Don’t like coffee with normal milk.
Maybe I’m a philistine to you coffee snobs…I don’t care, I like it.
Having said that, I do have a cafeteria at home for my weekend ‘posh brew’ but if I’ve not got fresh cream in I’ll always use coffee mate instead of milk.

Completely agree,coffee with milk becomes vile to the mouth following years of powder or preferably cream based compliments.
My hatred for modern corporate coffee knows no bounds,especially considering how many wide load parking areas have been sacrificed (rownhams),I also despise their cancerous presence (costa)in the more idyllic of our country towns,Lyndhurst,new forest has one now.Awful,characterless invader.
They are not purveyors of good quality java by any stretch,the fact that their beans have a glossy appearance is the classic sign of a mass produced inferior product,something about carbon oxidation,maybe someone can put me right on the hard science :slight_smile:
I’m finding Kenyan Peaberry by the kilo off ebay,a favourite transaction these days.Double seed kernel situation,seems to give a flavoursome dimension that even the poshest packaged gourmet coffees from Waitrose can hold a candle.to.

ezydriver:
Evian…

Read it backwards.

It’s also…

A place by the name of Evian-les-Bains which is on a bleedin’ great big lake. Technically backwards it’s Snaib-sel-Niave.

For the purists, there should be a little hat over the capital letter E but I cant find it on my keyboard which is English UK. It probably has a correct term like inflexion or chappitybump or something but, I can’t be arsed to find it.

correct i have nothing better to do today

Anybody fancy a mug of this with yer Hob Nobs??

Never buy overpriced drinks from those machines, often crap. If I want a hot drink I wait till I get to a Greggs, and normally accompany it with a steak slice! Or a sausage and bacon baguette if before 11

I can’t stand the designer coffees that are available to the uk market.
The only coffee I drink is from a drip filter machine using fresh ground coffee. My preferred coffee of choice atm is “Sical Classico” made for the Portuguese market, & on recent visit to Portugal I brought home a kilo of the stuff, this should last me till I return there in February for a holiday and get fresh supplies while I’m there

peirre:
I can’t stand the designer coffees that are available to the uk market.
The only coffee I drink is from a drip filter machine using fresh ground coffee. My preferred coffee of choice atm is “Sical Classico” made for the Portuguese market, & on recent visit to Portugal I brought home a kilo of the stxuff, this should last me till I return there in February for a holiday and get fresh supplies while I’m there

Always bin intrigued by those drip jobs,would you say they’re cost effective/low maintenance etc.I use a rather fetching 3 cup la cafetiere number myself,glorious gold colour,no glass at all.I gave up on the Aeropress recently…( too darn messy) and I got myself a Japanese Kalto grinder for tramping,found those classic grinders a tad,not up to the task.At home I aquired one of those classic Spong grinders affixed to the kitchen top.Lovely little thing,gives good grind and looks the dogs nads.Coffee coniseurshippery can get a touch obsessive :astonished:

Although it is a domestic coffee machine it only cost me £17 (Tesco own label), the coffees is around £2-£2.50 for 250g, 1-2 scoops in the machine will make you 8-10 cups, despite the machine having a plastic gauze filter I use No4 paper filters to ensure that the coffee grinds stay on the machine, get yourself some No5 or No6 strength coffee and you’ll be buzzing around all day. The Sical I use is rated at No9!!!
With the paper filters you just lift it out & bin it and rinse the machine when finished

I’m finding Kenyan Peaberry by the kilo off ebay,a favourite transaction these days.Double seed kernel situation,seems to give a flavoursome dimension that even the poshest packaged gourmet coffees from Waitrose can hold a candle.to.
[/quote]
Hope its good, just ordered a kilo from the bay, bialetti on the stove top for me, rocket fuel to start the day with.

Regards
Pat

Anyone who pays £3 for a cup of coffee needs their head examined

peeej48:

Hope its good, just ordered a kilo from the bay, bialetti on the stove top for me, rocket fuel to start the day with.

Regards
Pat
[/quote]
Good fer thee,it loiters languidly on the larynx.Not overly acidic,but a nice…treacly,caramely aftertaste :slight_smile: not too expensive like Jamaican Blue Mountain…notoriously pricey and possibly a bit overated I reckon.Wouldn’t touch that stuff that passes through a a certain primate breed either,they’re bound to roll out the battery farm method to exploit this nasty notion on the back of of a poor quality Hollywood flick with Jack nicholson (his first 6 films were glorious,anything since,absolute garbage) imho.

peirre:
Although it is a domestic coffee machine it only cost me £17 (Tesco own label), the coffees is around £2-£2.50 for 250g, 1-2 scoops in the machine will make you 8-10 cups, despite the machine having a plastic gauze filter I use No4 paper filters to ensure that the coffee grinds stay on the machine, get yourself some No5 or No6 strength coffee and you’ll be buzzing around all day. The Sical I use is rated at No9!!!b
With the paper filters you just lift it out & bin it and rinse the machine when finished

Interesting although I often wonder whats the actual benchmark for cup size I couldnt handle drinking more than two cups a day which is why the low maintenance cafetier option appeals in its robust simplicity.You do see some fascinating bits of kit here and there for the slow drip method but I guess thats for the hipster crowd but I’d like to be proved wrong.Might check out the Sical though,I never sampled Portuguese coffees on bygone delivery trips,always enjoyed Spanish and Italian but never French…sacra bleu…work of the devil. :open_mouth:

The 10 cups probably equals 2-3 normal mugs

peirre:
Although it is a domestic coffee machine … despite the machine having a plastic gauze filter I use No4 paper filters to ensure that the coffee grinds stay on the machine,

I do the same. Easier to keep clean and avoid grounds down the U-bend. After cracking the glass jugs on different machines I now use a one with a double skinned stainless steel jug.
I use ready ground Peruvian coffee. Kept in an airtight container in the fridge once opened.
In the truck simple over cup plastic funnel thingy with filter paper. That drips through as I do my walkaround.

I had a filter ground coffee maker in the truck for years (in the days before VOSA and the Old Bill ran at you clutching their chests when they saw it on the dashboard :unamused: ) it was fine, but for some reason that type of coffee (whatever brand) started to give me bad indigestion.
So it’s latte everytime for me…, but always made with the low fat milk to maintain my film star physique, perfect skin and stunning good looks. . :sunglasses: :laughing: