Why you shouldn't park in lay bys

It woz those rabbits that hang about on the grass verges that did it…

Battery Bunny.gif

Battery Bunny.gif

Seem to a few negative- posts.

fingermissing:
How do you get full pallets of batteries of a lorry in a lay bye with out a folklift.

1 packet at a time …

yourhavingalarf:
Perhaps insurers should start insisting on certain precautions for high value loads and not paying claims if hauliers are deemed to acted in a numpty fashion.

Well said that man. Any thefts that happen parked on laybyes or back end of beyond overnight in a curtainsider the insurer should refuse to pay out.
Company’s should pay for parking plan routes where we have time to find a safe secure ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Or use box trailed with a heavy duty padlock

edd1974:

yourhavingalarf:
Perhaps insurers should start insisting on certain precautions for high value loads and not paying claims if hauliers are deemed to acted in a numpty fashion.

Well said that man. Any thefts that happen parked on laybyes or back end of beyond overnight in a curtainsider the insurer should refuse to pay out.
Company’s should pay for parking plan routes where we have time to find a safe secure ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Or use box trailed with a heavy duty padlock

If every truck tried to find secure parking every night in this poxy country 80% of us would be driving round all night!

^^^^^^^^^^
if its too dark in the grab a granny nights,then i just usually home in on the smell of vick and stale pish…that way your deffo onto a winner,
as you get older,then you begin to realise that beauty is only a light switch away. :wink:
[/quote]
Wise, Wise words indeed sir [emoji108][emoji38]

I’ve been teaching my sons to get dressed in the dark from an early age, they still don’t quite get why but they will in time …
Can’t be risking the whole shall we do breakfast thing coz they’ve woke the sleeping troll with the light switch , as we all know that’s financial ruin ahead within the week [emoji57][emoji38]

Strategy is, rap it, bag it, tire it, leg it. [emoji106][emoji38]

As for me daughters, they’ve learnt if they go near a lad, I’ll break their fingers with a rolling pin, should get em past 50 before I have to see a grandchild of any sort [emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my own version of protecting my daughters innocence was by making a point of not toilet training her as she was growing up.
i reckoned that if she ever got took out by a lad and they ended up somewhere remote in his car,then by the time anything could have happened then she would have crapped all over his seat and he would just be bringing her home pronto and intact… :smiley:

switchlogic:

edd1974:

yourhavingalarf:

If every truck tried to find secure parking every night in this poxy country 80% of us would be driving round all night!

Perhaps some of these companies that supply the high value loads should be more lenient and allow onsite secure parking for trucks that have just loaded but can’t make it to safe parking. But oh no the health & safety man normally gets in the way of that as drivers can’t be trusted to not injure themselves on site apparently

Of course, a load must be out on if the driver has more than ten minutes left on his card. It can’t be postponed until the next day when he has had his rest, can it? Or not?

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^
if its too dark in the grab a granny nights,then i just usually home in on the smell of vick and stale pish…that way your deffo onto a winner,
as you get older,then you begin to realise that beauty is only a light switch away. :wink:

Wise, Wise words indeed sir [emoji108][emoji38]

I’ve been teaching my sons to get dressed in the dark from an early age, they still don’t quite get why but they will in time …
Can’t be risking the whole shall we do breakfast thing coz they’ve woke the sleeping troll with the light switch , as we all know that’s financial ruin ahead within the week [emoji57][emoji38]

Strategy is, rap it, bag it, tire it, leg it. [emoji106][emoji38]

As for me daughters, they’ve learnt if they go near a lad, I’ll break their fingers with a rolling pin, should get em past 50 before I have to see a grandchild of any sort [emoji16]

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my own version of protecting my daughters innocence was by making a point of not toilet training her as she was growing up.
i reckoned that if she ever got took out by a lad and they ended up somewhere remote in his car,then by the time anything could have happened then she would have crapped all over his seat and he would just be bringing her home pronto and intact… :smiley:
[/quote]
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Love it Mr dog [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Q. What’s the difference between a battery and a job working for Stobarts?

A. A battery has a positive side.

Harry Monk:
Q. What’s the difference between a battery and a job working for Stobarts?

A. A battery has a positive side.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Silver_Surfer:
Kit like that should be in a box trailer with a meaty lock on the back as well.

Box trailers are not secure either, I had two padlocks cut off my box trailer a few weeks ago on an industrial estate by ‘perps’ using a cordless angle grinder or similar, the padlocks still locked found on the floor after the staple part of the door lock mec was cut through.
mind you, Schmitz trailers are not exactly renowned for the quality of the door fittings!

Twoninety88:

Silver_Surfer:
Kit like that should be in a box trailer with a meaty lock on the back as well.

Box trailers are not secure either, I had two padlocks cut off my box trailer a few weeks ago on an industrial estate by ‘perps’ using a cordless angle grinder or similar, the padlocks still locked found on the floor after the staple part of the door lock mec was cut through.
mind you, Schmitz trailers are not exactly renowned for the quality of the door fittings!

Where was this industrial estate?,so i can avoid as i’m quite partial to overnighting on ind ests.

High value probably relative as I doubt they’re actually worth any more to Duracell than the pound shop batteries in terms of what they cost to make.

Pre-planned job I reckon the number of pallets on the floor is more than you’d get in one Transit if you were randomly slitting curtains in lay bys. In all honesty I reckon if you were doing that it would be very slim pickings in most of my time on general, unless there was some particular large contract with a brand name, it would be very rare for there actually to be a finished branded product you could easily sell on a lot of the time it’s packaging, raw materials and component parts from every industry under the sun.

ArcticMonkey:
Where was this industrial estate?,so i can avoid as i’m quite partial to overnighting on ind ests.

Swingbridge Road, Grantham. parked outside clients premises to collect a few pallets the next morning. Trailer was part loaded with sound equipment going to Switzerland but nothing was taken, mind you, it was all cables and giant speakers so probably of no interest. The double locked doors might have tempted them into thinking there was richer pickings inside :slight_smile:

Twoninety88:

ArcticMonkey:

Swingbridge Road, Grantham. parked outside clients premises to collect a few pallets the next morning. Trailer was part loaded with sound equipment going to Switzerland but nothing was taken, mind you, it was all cables and giant speakers so probably of no interest. The double locked doors might have tempted them into thinking there was richer pickings inside :slight_smile:

Ahh so just of the A1 in the area notorious for curtain slashings and fuel thefts. The likely suspects no doubt

You cant always choose where to park, everything has a value, especially coming up to Christmas.

Wheel Nut:
You cant always choose where to park, everything has a value, especially coming up to Christmas.

Correct.

I’ve had curtains slashed and locks cut off in all sorts of places, lay-bys, industrial estates, truckstops, services. I’ve noticed it more in the past couple of years and it seems like everything that can be carried is getting nicked.

Boxes and fridges aren’t secure either, if they can’t get at the lock they’ll go around it, cutting the handles off or similar.

Park wherever you like and put earplugs in, if they want in, they’re getting in and the police don’t care so just keep yourself safe.