Why do drivers hate cyclists

I am not an HGV driver, always wanted to do it, but eyesight will not pass medical.
I am however a keen road cyclist who without exception obeys the traffic laws, I do not jump reds, I don’t even filter through traffic.
There are good and bad road users in every mode of transport.
Some of the things I have seen cyclists do are absolute lunacy.
I have the utmost respect for all of you professional drivers that keep this country going.
As for driving an HGV around somewhere like London with such a high concentration of morons, you lot are bloody heroes!!
I can’t understand the mindset of some road users, not just cyclists, that any accident involving an HGV is going to end badly!

Stay safe guys and girls

While there may be existing laws governing rogue cyclists in place, there’s a distinct lack of police on the streets to enforce them, so they carry on regardless knowing they’ll never be caught.

Put some “plain clothes plod” on pushbikes!

They’ll get run over by a tipper…

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Would that be being driven by a Plod as well though?

…He’d have to clear out the empty Special Brew cans lying in the footwell first though, I would imagine… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nite Owl:

jakethesnake:

Twoninety88:
No need to ride around to film them, just stand at any light controlled junction and press record. As one who is in Central London at least twice a week with an artic, I can honestly say that the majority of cyclists are their own worse enemy. Nothing will change their habits and we as drivers will still take the brunt of all the flak regarding ‘killer lorries’ ect.

Cue ‘jakethesnake’ telling me that I have the wrong attitude and should not be driving heavy vehicles!

Lets get this right 88. The post you are talking about certainly did sound like you had a bad attitude towards cyclists.
Even now you are putting the blame on them and taking it away from drivers.
The fact that some drivers want to put all the blame on cyclists is wrong.
Yes a lot of them are idiots but so are a lot of drivers especially their attitude towards cyclists . Hate is unfortunately a common feeling between the two and attitudes need to change on both sides. Do you not agree 88?

You must have watched a different video to me.

Let me put it this way. My lorry has additional mirrors, low level windows, rear facing cameras, side sensors, warning alarms, flashing lights, beepers and warning signs and I’ve had additional training. None of that would have made the slightest difference in keeping the cyclists in them clips safe.

The reason so many cyclists die on the road is because they’ve never had any training or proved their competent enough to be there.

I was hoping for an honest answer from 88 but seeing you have replied let me try to enlighten you a little.
It does not matter how many mirrors or cameras a truck has if the driver does not use them properly and some DONT.
Also the majority of cyclists hold a driving license so they have had some training. Training does NOT always make a difference as we can see by the standards of car and lorry drivers today.
Most cycle accidents are caused by other motorists.

Yes we have plenty idiots riding bikes especially in London but please do not think they are at fault everytime.

PS I never even watched the clip.

jakethesnake:
I was hoping for an honest answer from 88 but seeing you have replied let me try to enlighten you a little.
It does not matter how many mirrors or cameras a truck has if the driver does not use them properly and some DONT.
Also the majority of cyclists hold a driving license so they have had some training. Training does NOT always make a difference as we can see by the standards of car and lorry drivers today.

Yes we have plenty idiots riding bikes especially in London but please do not think they are at fault everytime.

I really do think you should watch it. My reply might make a bit more sense. All the clips were recorded by someone on a bike. So were now at a point where even cyclists are getting fed up of the reckless cycling that is apparent on our streets. Their behaviour is inexcusable.

Nite Owl:

jakethesnake:

I really do think you should watch it. My reply might make a bit more sense. All the clips were recorded by someone on a bike. So were now at a point where even cyclists are getting fed up of the reckless cycling that is apparent on our streets. Their behaviour is inexcusable.

Not really interested.I know exactly what some of them are like and yes their behaviour is inexcusable BUT I could post a video of car and truck drivers that are just as bad and are more likely to do far more damage.
Maybe you could watch it. LOL.

Just trying to make a point. It’s not just cyclists that are idiots but you would think that reading some of the posts on here!

jakethesnake:

Nite Owl:

jakethesnake:

Not really interested.I know exactly what some of them are like and yes their behaviour is inexcusable BUT I could post a video of car and truck drivers that are just as bad and are more likely to do far more damage.
Maybe you could watch it. LOL.

Just trying to make a point. It’s not just cyclists that are idiots but you would think that reading some of the posts on here!

Bloody hell that sounds like progress. Now we all know what’s being done to get idiot motorists off the road, how do you suggest we get idiot cyclists off the road too?