Whos got euro work pls help

Cold Up North:
Did you get a magnum in the end?

You are going to get so flamed for your ignorant post when so many posters have been so fixated and gleeful about my tiniest problem for so long! :wink:

Harry Monk:
Roadshow work is the same, a niche market and it pays well because the driver is expected to do much more than just be able to drive the vehicle, in fact a quote I’ve heard more than once when I’ve been for interviews for promo work is “What we are not looking for is a typical lorry driver”.

It doesn’t suit everybody, firstly because there isn’t a great deal of driving involved, often only one or two days a week, the rest of the time you’re just expected to muck in and help out with whatever needs doing, which would include making the tea or mopping the floor, which lots of people won’t do, secondly because you do need to be fairly good at simple mechanics to deal with the various trailer systems, the kind of person I would look for to put on a tour would be somebody who could, say, take a simple motorcycle engine apart and put it together again.

Sounds very simlar to the Motorsport Truckie job, but basically the job is nothing special or over complicated, you just need to have the right attitude to get stuck into stuff.

Harry Monk:
You are going to get so flamed for your ignorant post when so many posters have been so fixated and gleeful about my tiniest problem for so long! :wink:

Not all of us are waiting for you to fail. :laughing:

Sorry, i was away for a bit HM, i was just checking my memory more than anything. What do you think to the cab■■?

Harry Monk:

Cold Up North:

Is the mirror missing on the drivers side. Don’t ask me why i noticed that :smiley:

mickyblue:

Harry Monk:

Cold Up North:

Is the mirror missing on the drivers side. Don’t ask me why i noticed that :smiley:

No mirror missing, that requirement came in after 08 registrations, I think.

Simon:

mickyblue:

Harry Monk:

Cold Up North:

Well it used to have one :wink:

i’ll put the mirror down to driver abuse. :smiley:

billybigrig:

Simon:

mickyblue:

Harry Monk:

Cold Up North:

Well it used to have one :wink:

be careful in dear old europe
idiot of a driver hgv.jpg I think crowd could do wiv some decent drivers LOL

sankev13:
be careful in dear old europe0 I think crowd could do wiv some decent drivers LOL

That’s the type of have a go spirit that’s lacking in modern haulage. :laughing:

Adam, try Broughton transport ltd at Broughton Gifford near Melksham, if you are in the area, and Peter Green fridge work in europe, they are at Evercreech in Somerset.
Insight logistics ltd at Inkberrow in the Midlands, they do Spain and Gibraltar in Renault Magnums, ask for Gilbert or Steve Walker.
Birds in Birmingham.
Wrings in Bristol.
DSV in Avonmouth.
Massey Wilcox in Chilcompton and Avonmouth.
Pulleyn in Reading, but waiting list there i believe.

toby1234abc:
Adam, try Broughton transport ltd at Broughton Gifford near Melksham, if you are in the area, and Peter Green fridge work in europe, they are at Evercreech in Somerset.
Insight logistics ltd at Inkberrow in the Midlands, they do Spain and Gibraltar in Renault Magnums, ask for Gilbert or Steve Walker.
Birds in Birmingham.
Wrings in Bristol.
DSV in Avonmouth.
Massey Wilcox in Chilcompton and Avonmouth.
Pulleyn in Reading, but waiting list there i believe.

chhers ill keep them in mind

Any idea what the moneys like at insight

adam1987:
Any idea what the moneys like at insight

Not great.

At Insight, you may ship out with a broken lorry and be expected to repair on the way down, take a large tool box for road side repairs, they may not pay for a call out to help you out.

I don’t see the logic in them doin that, why fix it at the roadside when you could do it in there workshop providing they’ve got one

itltransport.com/index.php Web site for Insight Trans Logistics at Inkbarrow.

I think Toby may have been having one of his “funny turns” when he posted that.
If not, why did he suggest them in the first place? Not exactly a glowing recommendation is it :smiley: ?

i rang them the other day they said they wernt looking for drivers atm